/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will things ever get better for us?

AnonymousPoster
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Salam alaykum.
Ever since I've been married to my husband we have never had much in the way of wealth. In fact things have always been really tight. But for the last year things have been extremely bad. I just dont know what to do.
I am very religious but my husband is not at all. I have been practising for about 18 months now. I keep away from bad stuff and try to be good all the time. I never miss my salah. No backbiting. I try to teach my children the best I can. I am working and he cant find work.
I try not to but sometimes I feel things are never going to change for us. We can barely afford to eat meat once a month. Fruit is very expensive. I feel for my children the most because they need proper nutrition. I feel sorry for my husband also because he is trying but he just cant find work.
I've tried and tried to get him to be more religious but hes just not interested.
Please can you pray for us?
Jazakallah khair my brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SMA89
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Things will ALWAYS get better but listen there has to be a change to your or your husbands lifestyle. There is a famous quote from someone I dont recall the person but it states:

"To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done"

Try to understand this quote well because it means a lot. If you are doing the same thing continuously and repetitively, then you will get the same results but if you do something different and/or work harder at something, your results will be higher. I understand it is a difficult situation for you because I am in the same position. My mom works 7 days a week and everything stays the same because there is no opportunity for advancement. My dad is lazy and doesnt want to work for people anymore and is trying to start up his own business but he isnt getting anywhere. So we are in debt and I dont see any happiness in the family, thats why I have been working harder and harder to take the burden of my mothers shoulder. Not a lot of change has occured because I am still in University but hopefully once I am out of University I will be trying to climb the corporate ladder fast and outperform the others just for my parents sake. So they can live peacefully and happily. It hurts to see my parents working and struggling for me and my brother.

So keep working hard at what you are doing and talk to/persuade your husband to work harder and help him find a job. I believe your husband needs some motivation.

revert2007
03-15-2010, 11:11 PM
u have to powerful tool-DUA-

i know it is difficult sometimes .

in sha Allah this is just a test and may everything get better soon

Ali_008
03-16-2010, 03:53 AM
:sl:
Start reciting Surah Waqi'ah before going to sleep.

The benefits of Surah al Waqiah (56)

The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recites surah al Waqiah at night would never encounter poverty’ [Ibn Sunni 620]

The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children’[Ibn Asakir]
Source
It definitely works and I can say that from experience. :thumbs_up

And its not that big a Surah too. Just 4 pages.
May Allah relieve you of your scantiness and distress. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
03-17-2010, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salam alaykum.
Ever since I've been married to my husband we have never had much in the way of wealth. In fact things have always been really tight. But for the last year things have been extremely bad. I just dont know what to do.
I am very religious but my husband is not at all. I have been practising for about 18 months now. I keep away from bad stuff and try to be good all the time. I never miss my salah. No backbiting. I try to teach my children the best I can. I am working and he cant find work.
I try not to but sometimes I feel things are never going to change for us. We can barely afford to eat meat once a month. Fruit is very expensive. I feel for my children the most because they need proper nutrition. I feel sorry for my husband also because he is trying but he just cant find work.
I've tried and tried to get him to be more religious but hes just not interested.
Please can you pray for us?
Jazakallah khair my brothers and sisters.
:sl: it is said that someone complained that we struggle everyday. It was said to that person, but do you just about get by? They said yes we do but we struggle. It was said to that person that then surely you are complaining because you want more than you have.

Whatever is meant for you you will get. With struggles will come fruitful times but it is a test from Allah. We should never say why but we should except it and be greatful. Allah sustains and he will continue to do so.

Be patient and you will get the fruits of your patience. Inform your husband in the most beautiful of manners and leave it at that for you can only inform and ONLY Allah can guide.

Life is a struggle and money does not bring happiness. Some say it makes life easier but those who have money have other struggles just as bad if not worse. So have trust in Allah and be patient for only the best people go through hard trials and come our stronger and closer to Allah for Allah is with them and their reward shall be ETERNITY of bliss.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!