/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To Veil or not

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
:sl:
Is there any evidences from the Quran or Sunnah regarding veiling oneself (wearing the Niqab) ...if so please quote them.
I'm so confused.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sadsister
03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59
O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm.

Hadith - Bukhari 6:282
'Aisha(R.A.) used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

Also you can read some information from here:
http://muttaqun.com/niqab.html

And, if you would like to talk to some sister who is fully veiled, I am here for you
in sh Allah =)

sadsister
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Also:

"...They appeared behind the Messenger of Allah

wrapped up, as if there were crows on their heads?" Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih Bukhari, 8/489

This means that the women were wearing fully black outer garments, full niqab, and cause of that they looked out to be like having crows on their heads.

Hamza Asadullah
03-19-2010, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:
Is there any evidences from the Quran or Sunnah regarding veiling oneself (wearing the Niqab) ...if so please quote them.
I'm so confused.
:wa:
:sl: all the evidances you need are here:

http://ibnfarooq.tripod.com/niqaab.htm

However there is a difference of opinion with regard to this issue and both opinions have their evidances and are therefore accepted and respected but according to the consensus of scholars it is mushtahab(preferrable) to wear niqaab but if one does not then one is not sinful but i guess it comes down to ones level of imaan.

and Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!