/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just a reflection

Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Asalamu alaykum,

There was this man that worked in a hotel I was staying at who was very helpful to me. Even though I couldn't speak much Arabic at all and he couldn't speak English either, we somehow managed to work out a solution to a problem I was facing. What impressed me was his eagerness to help and his sincerity, which were evident in his face and eyes especially. He didn't show any frustration at the language barrier we were having, like most people would tend to. He was dressed according to the sunnah too.

Just thinking about him now and the way he helped me makes me wish good upon him from my heart.

I hope Allah gives me the tawfiq to do good things for people with true sincerity and eagerness to help them with no riya such that some day, if Allah wills, they may remember me in a good light and make a few heartfelt dua.

Allahu Alaam, their prayers could be the deciding factor in me being saved from hell or protected from a worldy calamity.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Reminds me of an old libyan brother who helped me with my arabic in the uni prayer room, minutes before my arabic exam....

Some people are just superb masha'Allah.

aamirsaab
03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
:sl:
The saudis get a lot of shtick but I too had good experiences with them. They're a good friendly bunch. Just don't act pagal and you're a-ok.

جوري
03-19-2010, 02:03 AM
For what it is worth br. Alpha you always extend yourself to anyone who asks.. may Allah swt bless you for that.. and I know you seek no reward for it..

as Allah swt says in his noble book:

55:60 Could the reward of good be aught but good?

so you are met by folks who reflect your person insha'Allah..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!