/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TIF to PDF

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
:sl:

I need to convert a document from a tif to pdf in order to upload it, the site I am uploading it to doesn't support tif... Now, I have tried to go into my drive and 'open it with PDF' but it wouldn't support it, I think I need to convert it first before I can do so.. anyone has a fool proof method for a computer simpleton?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Is it necessary for you to use PDF? Could you make do with another image format, like PNG? If so, open the file in microsoft paint and go to file-> save as and from the drop down menu, chose PNG.

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
asalmu 3lykoum respected br. Alpha that just might work give the site supports that.. let me try it and see how it fares..

Jazaka Allah khyra, that was very helpful may Allah swt bless you

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I was able to convert it but it still won't upload even though it tells me it supports the following files Max file size: 7812.5 KB
Supported File Types: .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .htm, .html, .txt, .ppt, .zip

Not sure, is it a size issue? hmmmmmm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
What is the size of the PNG file? Right click the file -> properties and it should be written there.

Does it give you any error message on why it's not allowed?

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:39 PM
hmmmmmm perhaps it is indeed file size akhi, let me go check on that.. is there a way for me to 'smallify' it? lol

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
that is the size 9.89 MB (10,373,072 bytes)
no error messages I just don't see it uploaded with the rest

Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Ah, ok. So that is definitely over the limit lol.

Open the original TIF file and try saving it as JPG. That should reduce the file size but it will have an effect on the quality.. can't say how much, but it might not look too bad. Try that and see what you think?

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
it is? woops I must have missed something.. that is what it tells me..
No file was specified to upload. Please hit "Browse" button to locate the file that you want to upload.

I need another pair of glasses on top of this pair and an extra cerebrum..

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
how do I reduce file size?

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM
oh sorry you wrote gpj let me try that then..
I really need my vision checked =(

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:50 PM
now it is giving me Unsupported file type.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 09:50 PM
You'd have to resize the image if you want to change file size but again, it would lead to sacrificing the quality of the image. I'd say try converting it to jpeg first and see if that is ok enough? If not, we can look into changing the size.

Alpha Dude
03-18-2010, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
now it is giving me Unsupported file type.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:hmm:

What site is it?

جوري
03-18-2010, 09:53 PM
yeah I must change the size.. I don't care about quality now.. but I guess there is no urgency.. I have lost everything I worked ten years for on monday wal7mdlillah

Vito
03-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Still need help with this? If so I can help.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-23-2010, 06:35 AM
You can use OpenOffice.Org. Since this thread is almost 1 week old, this post doesn't make any sense...However it is a fool proof method...

جوري
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Thank you both..

islamirama
03-23-2010, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
yeah I must change the size.. I don't care about quality now.. but I guess there is no urgency.. I have lost everything I worked ten years for on monday wal7mdlillah
how you loose it? need help?

MMohammed
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Salamz.
You can use an Image Compressor but 9 MB?
Its toooooo much for just an image.
Does these work?
http://www.go2pdf.com/tiff-to-pdf.html
or
http://download.cnet.com/TIF-to-PDF-...-10909237.html
or this http://www.imageconverterplus.com/ho.../TIFF_pdf.html
it should work.
Try them soon.Thanks.Can you send me the file?
So I can give it to you in pdf(if you want)
Mohammed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!