/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 8 Things why our dua is unanswered

Samiun
03-19-2010, 02:21 AM
:sl: Could anyone proof that this is saheeh? Thanks
Ibrahim Bin Adham (RA) was asked as to why our dua’s do not get accepted even though Allah Ta`ala has said, “And ask of me; I shall grant you…”

So Ibrahim Bin Adham (RA) answered:

Your dua’s do not get answered because your hearts are dead.

They said, ‘why are our hearts dead?’

He answered, because of 8 things….

1) You know the rights of Allah upon you but you do not fulfill them.

2) You read the Qur’an but you do not act on its commandments.

3) You claim that you love the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) but you don’t follow his way.

4) You say we fear death, but you don’t prepare for it.

5) Allah says, “Indeed shaytan is your enemy, so take him as your enemy…” but you obey him in committing sins and disobeying Allah.

6) You claim that you fear the hell fire but you have thrown yourselves therein.

7) You claim that you love paradise but you don’t make an effort for it.

8) When you get up from your beds in the morning, you throw your deficiencies behind your backs and involve yourselves with other peoples’ faults.

Thus you have angered your Lord, so why would He answer your prayers?

(Taken from: Ihya Ulum al-Din; Kitab Sharh `Aja’ib al-Qalb)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imam bukhari
03-20-2010, 12:30 PM
assalaam o alaykum,

it logically makes sense... i have heard shaykh feiz say this in one of his lectures aswell.

tho as for the book ihya uloom ad-deen, then the scholars have warned against that book as it contains MANY fabricated events/hadiths/stories etc

may Allaah guide us all

Samiun
03-20-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
assalaam o alaykum,

it logically makes sense... i have heard shaykh feiz say this in one of his lectures aswell.

tho as for the book ihya uloom ad-deen, then the scholars have warned against that book as it contains MANY fabricated events/hadiths/stories etc

may Allaah guide us all
:sl: Thanks for your answers, I have been nail-biting for like 2 days waiting for a response to this(I was being sarcastic, if that make sense)

Anyways, my next question would be off topic but I've got to say it. Could you link me to corrupted books and which Sheikh is the one we all should be aware of? I've heard that Hamza Yusuf is a Sufi and now I'm doubting the Sheikhs that I've been listening to. What has come upon us? This is really getting annoying, I hope this fitnah would end

Eric H
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Nabiel; thanks for posting,

We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

In the spirit of searching for answers

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
03-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought Allah always answered our duas.

islamirama
03-20-2010, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Thanks for your answers, I have been nail-biting for like 2 days waiting for a response to this(I was being sarcastic, if that make sense)

Anyways, my next question would be off topic but I've got to say it. Could you link me to corrupted books and which Sheikh is the one we all should be aware of? I've heard that Hamza Yusuf is a Sufi and now I'm doubting the Sheikhs that I've been listening to. What has come upon us? This is really getting annoying, I hope this fitnah would end
I wouldn't trust Hamza yusuf nor take any knowledge from him. He is deviant as is his ideology. Even Yusuf Estes have spoken out against his ideology. You can read more here:

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ht=hamza+yusuf

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
I thought Allah always answered our duas.
Did your parents give you stuff you wanted when you were being bad?

Why should Allah accept your dua when you are disobeying Him. There are conditions that need to be met if you want your dua accepted.

Why doesnt Allaah answer our duaas?.

cat eyes
03-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Well what if the person is making duaa to be more fearful of thingsimsad

our ummah comes into so much fitna in this generation :( we are bound to make mistakes and nobody is ever going to be perfect in what there doing but im not disagreeing with that hadith

I Just feel so helpless sometimes cos i want to be better :( but its not in me yet but im making duaa

Samiun
03-21-2010, 03:17 AM
I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.
Thanks Eric, does anyone have a reference to it?

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I wouldn't trust Hamza yusuf nor take any knowledge from him. He is deviant as is his ideology. Even Yusuf Estes have spoken out against his ideology. You can read more here:

http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ht=hamza+yusuf

[
:sl: Thanks for the link Brother, I really do appreciate it. About islamqa, could I find a biography about the Sheikh who's making the fatwa? Who knows, after learning the truth about Hamza Yusuf you can never be too cautious

_PakistaN_
03-21-2010, 05:16 AM
I heard Allah even answers the dua's of non believers if they do not associate any partners with Allah.

_PakistaN_
03-21-2010, 05:19 AM
You guys are just taking this one sided. Allah accept's all dua's no matter what.

islamirama
03-21-2010, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel

:sl: Thanks for the link Brother, I really do appreciate it. About islamqa, could I find a biography about the Sheikh who's making the fatwa? Who knows, after learning the truth about Hamza Yusuf you can never be too cautious
:wa:

Anyone here can testify that the shaykh at islamqa.com is a well respected and well learned shaykh. He learned from from great scholars of the ummah, including ibn baaz.

Welcome to Islam Question & Answer! This site aims to provide intelligent, authoritative responses to anyones question about Islam, whether it be from a Muslim or a non-Muslim, and to help solve general and personal social problems. Responses are composed by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid, a known Islamic lecturer and author.
All questions and answers on this site have been prepared, approved, revised, edited, amended or annotated by Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid, the supervisor of this site.

The responses are handled by Sheikh Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid, using only authentic, scholarly sources based on the Quran and sunnah, and other reliable contemporary scholarly opinions. References are provided where appropriate in the responses.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/2
Here's a bio he wrote about one of his teachers, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dawaah/message/1063

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
You guys are just taking this one sided. Allah accept's all dua's no matter what.
Corrections: Allah accepts duas that do not ask for haram, that are asked from Allah alone, and asked out of sincerity (from a muslim or non-muslim).

I suggest you visit the link below before assuming and saying things about Allah without knowledge.

Why doesnt Allaah answer our duaas?.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!