/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whose Lost Out on More?

- Qatada -
03-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Asalaam alaikum Warahmatulah Wabarakatuh

Whose lost out on more?

Someone who had something and lost it
, or Someone who never had it to begin with?

And what are your reasons for saying that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SMA89
03-21-2010, 05:26 PM
If you are talking about Materialistic things and money (tangible things), then the person who had it and lost it lost more..

If you are talking about life, then the person who had nothing to begin with lost more. The reason I say this is because in this world you have to go out to get something and lets say you lose a job, then you really haven't lost much because they can never take away your talents, experience, skills and values. These things grow throughout life and can never lose its value (intangible things). To the person who had nothing to begin with and isnt doing much with his life will lose out on life because he/she has not experienced life at all. How can you waste your life?

PouringRain
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
I think the person who never had it to begin with lost more, because they have never had the joy of experiencing it (whatever it is). Some might argue that if you never had it, then you do not know what you are missing and therefore you can not experience the loss. At the same time, if you never had it, then you have never had the opportunity to experience all the joys that come along with having it. By losing it, you may experience heartache, pain, sorrow, etc. but you will also experience growth and you will have gained so much more than you lost.

Life_Is_Short
03-21-2010, 11:03 PM
"Someone who NEVER HAD IT to begin with."
This person never had/experienced what the other person at least had to loose. Actually, it depends on what you are referring to.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
03-22-2010, 01:51 AM
:wasalamex
it really all depends on what it is that has been lost as well as the person and their way of thinking. for example, even if someone had something and then lost it, that person may not feel at loss because they liked to have that particular thing, even though they have lost it. so i guess its becuase that paricular thing they had maybe changed them for the better (for eg). so even though they lost it, they dont feel at loss because they actually like the experience associated with that particular thing. does that make sense?

likewise, if someone never had that particular thing, then it may cause them to be upset.

as i said, it depends on the person and what the "thing" is.

Danah
03-23-2010, 08:22 PM
I think it depends on the thing we are talking about.

For example if someone was looking for inner peace then this is whom I call lost because he is looking for the truth to be satisfied with.

As for something else like job, money..someone close to you, then this is can be considerd as having something in the past then lost it.

So it depends on the thing itself.

Beardo
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
When you have something, you got the good taste of it, but then you lose it which kills you inside.

If you never had something to begin with, you never got the taste of it so the feeling is not so bad.

Though, some may differ...

Some may say that at least you got the taste of it, so you'll stop dreaming of it.

It depends what it is.

IslamicRevival
03-24-2010, 04:16 AM
The person who never had it to begin with. At least the person who lost out on more had it to begin with so there's 'potential'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!