/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

marwen
03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life :D

I don't know, but is it ok to use facebook ? I know it has many benefits, it helps you get in touch with your friends and helps you share your videos and documents with people. But recently I found myself addicted to facebook, and I think I'm really wasting many hours in it without doing something really beneficient. Plus, I think using facebook can be sometimes harmful : you know, there is a lot of pictures and groups and ... without control, and your account and information can be hacked very easily.
I know facebook is rather like a revolution in internet, It replaced the Internet for some people.
But I don't really like it, and i'm really confused about using it.

what do you think ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
^ Check your rep...

marwen
03-21-2010, 03:52 PM
yes thnx sister. Now I think Facebook is not really necessary for me. Besides, it's more harmful than beneficient. I will certainly close my Facebook account.

If I need to interact with good people, I will use scientific and religious forums instead, it's more beneficient than facebook, in this life and in the hereafter. And I think this Islamic Forum is a good example.

islamirama
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen

I don't know, but is it ok to use facebook ?

what do you think ?
Also, check out the thread below, I devoted a whole thread to FB and other social sites:

Beware of Facebook and other Social sites

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Thanks a lot brother "islamirama". Your thread really clarified things for me. Now as there is a fatwa by muslim imams forbidding the use of facebook unless we are using it to teach islam, there no more confusion in my had about it. Jazak allaho kayran ! :thumbs_up

Uthman
03-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I know that some of my favourite Shuyukh use FB such as Abu Eesa Niamatullah, Suhaib Webb, Navaid Aziz, Bilal Philips, Muhammad al-Shareef and Said Rageah.

If it wasn't okay to use it (for the right purposes in the right way), then they certainly wouldn't be using it.

cat eyes
03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
i dont like it because it makes you feel tempted to put your picture up because all the muslimahs are doing it and you will find alot of married women on there doing it also :hmm:

cat eyes
03-21-2010, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I know that some of my favourite Shuyukh use FB such as Abu Eesa Niamatullah, Suhaib Webb, Navaid Aziz, Bilal Philips, Muhammad al-Shareef and Said Rageah.

If it wasn't okay to use it (for the right purposes in the right way), then they certainly wouldn't be using it.
well im shocked really to hear that and thats unbelievable they shouldnt be using it cos its encouraging other muslims to waste time on there.

So many mufti's have warned against using fB cos of its zina of the eyes

Beardo
03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I personally don't recommend it, but I did find a friend after 6 years using Facebook...

marwen
03-21-2010, 07:13 PM

yes, I have noticed that too, but ithink that 80% of these shuyukh pages are not done by the shuyukh but by fans who liked to collect speechs and videos of them. Facebook can be useful for teaching and learning islam, but any other use of facebook (chatting, webcaming,...) is a sin, that's what I have understood from the previous posts of my brothers and sisters.

cat eyes
03-21-2010, 07:14 PM

instead of following what other muslims are doing brother we should first see what countless hadiths say and what Allah has said before we go following after other muslims. they might think there doing something right when in fact they are doing a lot wrong also.

islamirama
03-21-2010, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
well im shocked really to hear that and thats unbelievable they shouldnt be using it cos its encouraging other muslims to waste time on there.

So many mufti's have warned against using fB cos of its zina of the eyes
Agreed. They maybe doing it to reach out to the audience sitting there but then it could also attract others who normally don't sign up. And once there, i'm sure these mufti's are not given 100% of the attention, too much distraction there. With all the anti-islam groups there that FB doesn't shut down, mufti should be setting example of not using it. IF they want they could use facebook4muslims.com and divert all their followers from FB to a Muslim site...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
How many threads are we going to have about FB? lol

I'm kinda gettin tired saying that some of us know how to use facebook correctly walhamdulillah...yea it's fitnah and so is just about everything else via net...yes may I dare say a forum too! Even an islamic one, it doesnt stop people from doing things...

Let me put it this way...if you can't keep yourself in control or you feel it might affect you, then don't use it..

I wouldnt go out and recommend it to people nonetheless.

:sl:

marwen
03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Let me put it this way...if you can't keep yourself in control or you feel it might affect you, then don't use it..

I wouldnt go out and recommend it to people nonetheless.

Well said sister ! I think your post resumes all.

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
How many threads are we going to have about FB? lol
:giggling: I think I missed the previous threads about FB, because I'm kind of new in the forum :-\ but since I joined, I learned a lot of things about my religion. So I thank all the members here.

Life_Is_Short
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Anyone watch "Facing up to Facebook" on ITV last week? :X

More info here.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I have to admit though, facebook is very creepy in some things..well many. But if ur not doing anything to get into fitnah or somethin unsafe then inshalllah khayr...odawise dude get off :P

:giggling: I think I missed the previous threads about FB, because I'm kind of new in the forum :-\ but since I joined, I learned a lot of things about my religion. So I thank all the members here.
Of course bro, I understand. I'm not blaming ya or anythin inshallah. Just found it funny :D It's like the hot topic as of lately :skeleton:

Glad you're learning loads...I definitely did when I first came here mashallah and still learnin. It won't end ever mashallah :D

Enjoy ur stay :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Anyone watch "Facing up to Facebook" on ITV last week? :X

More info here.
Omg, that's creepy!

Oh yea dont befriend random people and meet up wiv em audhubillah!

Umm Malik
01-18-2016, 04:29 PM
yes that's true
it help in many things
but in general , waste of time
i used to have facebook ... but i blocked it
it waste my time .. and also you can't be friend to everyone
and that can make you lost of many people if you don't accept them

strivingobserver98
01-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Interesting:

azc
01-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life :D

I don't know, but is it ok to use facebook ? I know it has many benefits, it helps you get in touch with your friends and helps you share your videos and documents with people. But recently I found myself addicted to facebook, and I think I'm really wasting many hours in it without doing something really beneficient. Plus, I think using facebook can be sometimes harmful : you know, there is a lot of pictures and groups and ... without control, and your account and information can be hacked very easily. I know facebook is rather like a revolution in internet, It replaced the Internet for some people.But I don't really like it, and i'm really confused about using it. what do you think ?
sometimes I visit fb but it's not a safe place to share your personal info

FrenchMuslim
01-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Facebook its like a trojan for your private life lool

Police searching criminal by facebook with profil their see their face etc... i was see that on documentary

& i think too than facebook is a really distraction & loss of time

emem
02-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Facebook is addicting to most people but I just have some advice that don't be too addicted to it that you will forfeit doing the 5 obligatory prayers. And be mindful of Allah(swt). Indeed, Allah(swt) sees and hears all and is with the patient.

Asiyah3
02-06-2016, 05:14 PM

Positive sides of FB:
-Real people with pics, real name and real personal info --> less trolling, more reliable
- Connect to relatives abroad
- See what's going on in everyone's life - e.g getting married, moving abroad etc.
- search and check people's profiles online --> know their likes etc.

Negative sides of FB:
- Fitnah
- Jealousy and evil eye
- Waste of time

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2016, 10:02 AM
:salamext:

Facebook can be used for Dawah as well, :ia:

Everything you use depends on your niyyah and your actions - you can turn something into the best thing or the worst thing for your deen, depending on how you use it.

Bhabha
05-07-2016, 03:17 PM
I removed Facebook because although it is filled with your friends and family, no one actually talks to you lol and just post pictures of things no one cares about.

ヽ ( ꒪д꒪ )ノ

Plus! It's very invasive. So invasive and if you don't put your picture your family criticizes you and says why? And if you don't put your real name, the same. So it's best to avoid it lol.

noraina
05-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Facebook isn't all bad, granted, but for me it works out not having an account at all. I am pretty much absent from most forms of social media, Alhamdulillah my life feels less 'cluttered' that way. My cousins and friends are always on my case saying I should make an account - no way!

I know that if I ever had kids, I'd rather that if they were into such things, they joined a well-moderated forum like this, rather than the unmoderated world of social media - in fact, they wouldn't even have the 'choice' of using social media, lol.

Bhabha
05-07-2016, 03:30 PM
The scary thing about Facebook is that it collects all sorts of private information from you, and it is sold to third parties (∗ᵕ̴᷄◡ᵕ̴᷅∗)՞

sister herb
05-07-2016, 03:37 PM
The good thing happened to me some years ago with the FB. They kicked me out from there and claimed I am not a real person. After that I didn´t try to join again.

Not a real person? Hmm... who knows? :nervous:

piXie
10-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Re: Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life.
Facebook helps you connect and share with the people online. And it helps u disconnect with the ppl sitting right next to you.

ZeeshanParvez
10-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Social media is made by programmers. They have a purpose. To keep you hooked.

They are masters of neuroscience. Many have studied it. They will structure social media and other apps in such a way so that every time you use their service it triggers dopamine release.

This will make you feel good. You will want to keep using the platform. As a result, as a poster above has correctly pointed out, you will connect with people you do not even know while neglecting the ones who have Islamic rights over you.

anatolian
10-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Cyber world lets you to isolate from the real world and gives a drug like happiness and when you turn back to the real world you start to feel depressed. Social media increases depression.

MazharShafiq
10-24-2018, 02:24 PM
Where Facebook has provided us many information, then the Facebook has far removed us from our hearts. Today we were so busy on Facebook to forget our bloody relationships.

jameelash
10-24-2018, 07:04 PM
Worse is the mobile. Agree or not

azc
10-24-2018, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Worse is the mobile. Agree or not
I use mobile so how I can say it's worse.

HakimPtsid
10-26-2018, 03:17 AM
Facebook exists for three reasons:

1. To addict and distract you from real life
2. To mine your information - The sites you visit and map (along with google) all of your online activity and accounts, addresses, bank info, everything down to your keystrokes
3. To influence the way you think and indoctrinate you into their corporate way of life, ads ads and more ads, filtering politics to influence your leanings and so forth

Facebook is pure evil, the work of Shaitan. :Emoji19:

ardianto
10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Do not blame Facebook, but blame people who use it not in wise way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!