/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start...

Lonely Gal
03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm a born muslim, practise my namaz, Qu'ran, fasting etc,
But i still am not knowledgeable in the religion, especially the foundations and basics
I really want to go Umrah but feel I don't know enough to be able to fully take on the experience..
Any tips to where I can start and what I can start on learning...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
I'm a born muslim, practise my namaz, Qu'ran, fasting etc,
But i still am not knowledgeable in the religion, especially the foundations and basics
I really want to go Umrah but feel I don't know enough to be able to fully take on the experience..
Any tips to where I can start and what I can start on learning...
:salamext:

Strengthen your faith by studying the basics first. 'Aqeedah (Belief) should be your foundation so study it first. It's better to attend classes for whatever you study but do not underestimate the value of books either.

Studying Kitaab at-tahweed would be a good start.

Or a simple book that covers more than just belief is a book by the great scholar of Islam Ibn Qayyim. He wrote a book called Zad Al-ma'aad which is translated as The Provisions for the Hereafter. It's a really good book and I recommend you, rather or I urge you, to read it.

Lonely Gal
03-22-2010, 02:49 PM
thanks bro appreiciated

'Abd-al Latif
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
thanks bro appreiciated
I'm sure sisters here will inform you of all the lessons in and around your city. Many of these gatherings should be free and you should attend as many as time permits you to. If these events, circles or lessons require a fee I still urge you to go to them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
03-23-2010, 02:55 AM
what I basically do is do a lot of research on the internet from trusted sites.

Innocent Soul
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Assalamualaikum
It is better to read the very old threads in our forums(even from other forums if u know) there are very informative threads.

'Abd-al Latif
03-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Etiquettes of the seeker of knowledge. By Bakr Abu Zayd.

Front cover of the book.

Back cover of book

xMujahidaHx
03-24-2010, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

Strengthen your faith by studying the basics first. 'Aqeedah (Belief) should be your foundation so study it first. It's better to attend classes for whatever you study but do not underestimate the value of books either.

Studying Kitaab at-tahweed would be a good start.

Or a simple book that covers more than just belief is a book by the great scholar of Islam Ibn Qayyim. He wrote a book called Zad Al-ma'aad which is translated as The Provisions for the Hereafter. It's a really good book and I recommend you, rather or I urge you, to read it.

Yes mashallah ive heard alot of good reviews about it, akhi, do you have a pdf copy?

'Abd-al Latif
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xMujahidaHx
Yes mashallah ive heard alot of good reviews about it, akhi, do you have a pdf copy?
No, I have a hard copy.

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xMujahidaHx
here u go

http://kalamullah.com/Books/Zaad1.pdf

kelly7898
03-28-2010, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Such a very amazing link!
Thank you for the post.

Still_learning
03-28-2010, 07:38 AM
theres a good boo called Basic of islam by,abdul hye, Phd it has alot of good basic info

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!