/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Quran and Terrorism

muslimah25
03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Salam everyone,

I am writing a paper on how verses in the Quran are misinterpreted and taken out of context, which are then used by terrorists and the media in some cases, to try and convince people that terrorism is supported by islam because it is written in the Quran.

I am having a very hard time find reliable sources (websites or books) that have the quotes there and then explain the true meaning behind them instead of just cherry picking the quote you want to support your cause.

I also need to do an opposing view...which i also need help for.

JAK.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-22-2010, 06:15 PM
:sl:
You may find this website useful: http://www.load-islam.com/classified...assified_id=13

muslimah25
03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Thank you. i have already got that site as a reference....

are there any books? what about the counter argument?

Uthman
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations

How about this one?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Thank you brother Uthman, that has helped me. I always wondered about that Jews and Christian verse and that Islam was strange in the way it's adherents cannot take Jews and Christians as friends. I think that's cleared it up.;D

siam
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Counter argument---?
Robert Pape has written a book called "Dying to win" about the "strategic logic " of suicide terrorism---and as he will tell you ----The Quran and Islam HAVE NOTHING to do with terrroism.-----He states that it is "occupation" that is the direct cause of suicide terrrorism---and his theory is supported by FACTS.

Sampharo
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Argamemnon just posted a thread earlier containing links to very good videos that refuted Geert's allegations that Quran invites people to commit terrorism acts. They certainly will provide enough information for you.

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ers-fitna.html

fahim kamran
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
you can find article about it on learningquranonline

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!