/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop sinning?

AnonymousPoster
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
:sl:
I'm in this strange position where everyday I do tauba from the sins that I commit but the very next day I end up doing them all over again. I keep making resolutions that I'll never commit them again but it happens everytime and everyday. I'm tired of this and I end up hurting my dear ones as well in all this. Its been over six months and it has become a cycle. Please help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Ok ! I know it's not a good thing to make sins then to do tauba, and return to the sins again. But let me tell you something that will make you happy : Allah has a name which is 'Al-Ghafur'=the forgiver. And allah likes when somebody make a sin and than turn back to allah to seek forgiveness, and Allah will be happy to forgive you and to see you coming near to him. It's totally human to do sins repeatedly, but we have to make tauba every time we do a sin. So don"t be sad, because the shaytan (satan) wants you to feel frustrated and weak and wants you to think you're unable to be a good muslim. So you must do these things :
1) every time you do a sin, you should make a tauba and decide not to return to the sin again for the rest of your life. And if you forget, and make a sin another time, don't be sad : it's not really easy to stop doing sins, it can be a long process which requires time.
2) Never give up and try to live a normal life and don't blame yourself: it's ok to do sins if you make a true tauba every time.
3) Be sure that, at the end, and after many times, you will be able to stop doing that sin.
4) Make duaa, and ask allah to help you stop these sins.
5) do reciting and read qur'an every day, and do prayer in time, that will make you stronger and helps you remember Allah every second so you will not have the envy to do sins.

And, be sure that all of us do sins from time to time, so this thread you made is very helpful for all of us.

Mysterious Uk
03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I would suggest seeing why you keep doing the sin again and again. Then you can either solve the reason for doing the sin OR you can stop yourself from getting into situations where it leads you to sin. If that makes any sense.

Asiyah3
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I'm in this strange position where everyday I do tauba from the sins that I commit but the very next day I end up doing them all over again. I keep making resolutions that I'll never commit them again but it happens everytime and everyday. I'm tired of this and I end up hurting my dear ones as well in all this. Its been over six months and it has become a cycle. Please help me.
Choose righteous friends who will help you against your nafs (self) and who will be an alternative to bad company. Strive to attend circles of dhikr and gatherings of knowledge. Fill your time with beneficial things so that the Shaytaan will not find any opportunity to remind you of the past.

Get rid of the things that lead you to sin.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will follow the way of his close friends, so let one of you look to whom he takes as a close friend.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2378) and Abu Dawood (4833). Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

“Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance”
[Hood 11:3]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

When Allaah forbids people to commit sin, He did not leave them without help to do so. He supplies them with means that help them to give up that action. Among these helpful means are:

1- Strengthening one’s faith in Allaah and one's fear of Him.
2- Knowing that Allaah is always watching and bearing in mind that He is with you; He can see you and everything that you do is being recorded.
3- Comparing and contrasting the fleeting pleasure of sin which quickly fades, with the punishment of the sinner on the Day of Resurrection, and the reward of the one who refrained from sin.
4- Keeping away from the things that help one to sin, such as haraam looks, bad company, going to sinful places.
5- Striving to keep company with righteous people.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Duwaysh

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10280

tango92
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
practice doing jihad against your nafs over smaller things, eg lowering your gaze, donate a bit more to charity, pray an extra nafl salah daily. and inshallah itll get strong enough for you to resist bigger sins.

remain in a constant state of zikr, just keep Allah on your mind all day

this one really works for me. right before your gonna sin read surah 114 and 113, learn their translations and reflect on them. InshAllah your tempation will be weakened.

and if you give up just one sin, give up lying. that way the shame of revealing your other sins will stop you doing them. (im not suggesting your a lyer bro)

Sis786
03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I think making mistakes is Human Nature, You need to address the issues why are you making the mistakes, How can you avoid it etc. Its really hard to change and maybe best you take small steps at a time.

The fact that you know you are making a mistake and you want to change that is a start.

Try and get support from around you too, its easier when you have a friend.

tigerkhan
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Bro where r u from ?????
if pakistan, PM me, maybe i can help u....
:wa:

Hamza Asadullah
03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: jazakallah khayran for sharing this with us. Do you minjd me asking specifically what type of sins are you constantly committing?

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!