/* */

PDA

View Full Version : morning sickness

mammyluty
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
asalam alaikum sisters

can i ask for any advise or remedies to try.am 3months pregnant wth second baby an av been sick since day one,vomiting naessea n feeling weak all day.for those who have experienced it do u have any thing for me to try that u tried n worked on u.my firs is 10 months old n its really difficult to cope.even praying i hev to do it while siiting cos when i rukuu i feel sick.please any ideas will be appreciated.

shukran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
03-23-2010, 05:28 PM
sister i think it might be the types of food that your eating?. i think it might be your bodies way of throwing out all the bad stuff to protect the baby thats just a wild guess however i could be wrong maybe a change in diet might help alot.
Ask your doctor and drink plenty of water also

islamirama
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I would ask skye on here, she maybe able to offer the best advice. In the mean time, you can read this...

Ways to Relieve Pregnancy Morning Sickness

Unfortunately, there is no one tried and true method that will cure everyone's case of morning sickness. The only way to find what works for you is by trial and error. Below you will find ideas which you can try:

Try taking your prenatal vitamins later in the day.
Vitamin B6 - 50 mg. daily. Vitamin B6 has been shown to help with pregnancy induced nausea. There are also products available now which contain therapeutic doses of Vitamin B6. One is B-Natal TheraPops are cherry flavored lollipops which have been shown to reduce pregnancy morning sickness. Another Vitamin B-6 enriched product is called Morning Sickness Magic. Morning Sickness Magic is a herbal remedy containing Ginger, Vitamin B-6, Red Raspberry Leaf and Folic Acid.
Ginger in capsules form 250 mg. three times daily can be beneficial. Ginger has long been associated with alleviating nausea. You can also get the benefit of using ginger by chewing on crystallized ginger or sucking on ginger hard candies.
Avoid warm places as heat can increase the nausea feelings.
Take naps during the day (but not right after eating). Tiredness plays a big part in morning sickness.
Get enough sleep at night.
Get out of bed slowly in the morning.
Try eating plain crackers or dry cereal before you get out of bed in the morning.
Open windows or turn on exhaust fans when cooking and after meals.
Cooking in the microwave usually produces less odors.
Silly as it sounds, carry a handkerchief with a few drops of a non nausea causing essential oil (lemon for example) in it and breath through it if you can't get away from the smell that is bothering you.
Avoid greasy or spicy foods as they often cause nausea or heartburn.
Eat what you want when you want it. Your cravings will not lead you the wrong way.
Have frequent protein snacks. (Low fat meats and seafood, nuts, eggs and beans are high protein.)
Eat smaller meals every two hours or so.
Eating something salty before a meal can help you "make it through" a meal.
Do not drink fluids with your meals.
Non caffeinated teas like peppermint and ginger can help came nausea.
Drink small amounts of fluids regularly though out the day to avoid dehydration.
Do not skip meals if you can help it.
Avoid spicy and fried food - both eating and smelling it can increase your nausea.
Cold food may have less nausea inducing smells associated with them.

http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/p...-sickness.html

★ηαѕιнα★
03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Assalamoe alaikom dear sister,,

Found this for you

1. Pyridoxine (Vitamine B6) reduces nausea. Read the information on the package or ask the pharmacist how much you are allowed to have.
2. Dried ginger and gingertea. Studies have shown that ginger reduces nausea and throwing up for pregnant women. The adviced dose is 250 milligrams, four times a day.
3. Eat dry crackers when you wake up even before you get out of bed.
4. Eat a little snack before you go to bed, and if you wish to eat a little snack when you get up to get to the bathroom at night.
5. Don’t drink drinks that contain cafeine.
6. Don’t eat fat and salty food.
7. Don’t eat baked food like nuts, olives, sweet cakes and doughproducts.
8. Don’t eat “gassy” food like cabage, brussel sprouts, onions and cucumber.
9. Don’t eat spiced food, or food that contains taste-enhancers.
10. Don’t eat large meals. Eat something small every 2 hours and drink lots of fluids.
11. Boiled and steamed food are better than fried food.
12. Drink between meals and not during meals.
13. Eat fruit and boiled vegetables between meals.
14. Make sure the house is well ventilated. Don’t leave foodoger hanging around.
15. Lemon: drink lemonade, smell a lemon or eat a piece of lemon.
16. Peppermint, peppermint oil, or peppermint tea. It also gives you energy when your a bit down.
17. Drink your water and other juices in little sips at a time.
18. Push two fingers on your bellybutton for about a minute. It could reduce nausea.
19. Use a neutral natural toothpaste.

I see some of the stuff mentioned here is the same as the previous poster. So maybe you can take the common stuff and try it. My aunt actually used the eating every 2 hours thing. Worked for her so maybe you could try that first. Hope it helps a bit.

Source (Dutch): http://www.babybytes.nl/encyclopedie...Misselijkheid/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM
:sl:

ask your doctor specifically for ondansetron it is a class B drug, it causes no fetal harm as opposed to the cheaper alternatives that they always dispense because they are more cost effective and are a class C or worse like metoclopramide. I don't know if your insurance covers this and I imagine if you are in the U.K you'd be better off but this medication costs about $400, perhaps it has gotten cheaper by now.. It is excellent for all kinds of nausea!

fi aman illah

:w:

cat eyes
03-23-2010, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Assalamoe alaikom dear sister,,

Found this for you

1. Pyridoxine (Vitamine B6) reduces nausea. Read the information on the package or ask the pharmacist how much you are allowed to have.
2. Dried ginger and gingertea. Studies have shown that ginger reduces nausea and throwing up for pregnant women. The adviced dose is 250 milligrams, four times a day.
3. Eat dry crackers when you wake up even before you get out of bed.
4. Eat a little snack before you go to bed, and if you wish to eat a little snack when you get up to get to the bathroom at night.
5. Don’t drink drinks that contain cafeine.
6. Don’t eat fat and salty food.
7. Don’t eat baked food like nuts, olives, sweet cakes and doughproducts.
8. Don’t eat “gassy” food like cabage, brussel sprouts, onions and cucumber.
9. Don’t eat spiced food, or food that contains taste-enhancers.
10. Don’t eat large meals. Eat something small every 2 hours and drink lots of fluids.
11. Boiled and steamed food are better than fried food.
12. Drink between meals and not during meals.
13. Eat fruit and boiled vegetables between meals.
14. Make sure the house is well ventilated. Don’t leave foodoger hanging around.
15. Lemon: drink lemonade, smell a lemon or eat a piece of lemon.
16. Peppermint, peppermint oil, or peppermint tea. It also gives you energy when your a bit down.
17. Drink your water and other juices in little sips at a time.
18. Push two fingers on your bellybutton for about a minute. It could reduce nausea.
19. Use a neutral natural toothpaste.

I see some of the stuff mentioned here is the same as the previous poster. So maybe you can take the common stuff and try it. My aunt actually used the eating every 2 hours thing. Worked for her so maybe you could try that first. Hope it helps a bit.

Source (Dutch): http://www.babybytes.nl/encyclopedie...Misselijkheid/
good advice sis. it is alot to do with what you put in your stomach

Raaina
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Loads of good advice here!

I'd go see your doctor for some advice or a pharmacist :)

Donia
03-23-2010, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

ask your doctor specifically for ondansetron it is a class B drug, it causes no fetal harm as opposed to the cheaper alternatives that they always dispense because they are more cost effective and are a class C or worse like metoclopramide. I don't know if your insurance covers this and I imagine if you are in the U.K you'd be better off but this medication costs about $400, perhaps it has gotten cheaper by now.. It is excellent for all kinds of nausea!

fi aman illah

I was going to suggest medication also if nothing else seems to be helping.

Sister Skye what about Zofran? What is your opinion on that medication?

جوري
03-23-2010, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
I was going to suggest medication also if nothing else seems to be helping.

Sister Skye what about Zofran? What is your opinion on that medication?

zofran is ondansetron:
http://www.drugs.com/zofran.html

and there are new formulations dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), or palonosetron (Aloxi).

since I don't know the sister's country of origin I went by generic name.. brand names change from country to country.

it is relatively safe and works on both central and peripheral nerves.
it is used for nausea from chemotherapy to morning sickness and is quite effective.. my sister who was sick for the entire duration of her pregnancy even water caused her nausea so she used to simply fast which wasn't healthy at all, but because any substance entering her body caused her severe retching.. since her insurance didn't cover this medication she had to pay for it out of pocket but she pretty much took it for the entire 9 months and surprisingly she said that it took a while after birth before she was back to normal..

Anyone who has morning sickness past the first trimester however should consult with a doctor since it isn't physiologically normal. the nausea is caused by HCG which rises in the first trimester but decreases thereafter, as such though there are rare cases of this being normal and physiological, continuation of nausea usually denotes a continued rise in HCG and that could mean a molar pregnancy.

and Allah swt knows best

Ummu Sufyaan
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
i have not the foggiest idea, but ginger tea with lemon seems to be a good source help for anything.

Donia
03-24-2010, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

zofran is ondansetron:
http://www.drugs.com/zofran.html

and there are new formulations dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), or palonosetron (Aloxi).

since I don't know the sister's country of origin I went by generic name.. brand names change from country to country.

it is relatively safe and works on both central and peripheral nerves.
it is used for nausea from chemotherapy to morning sickness and is quite effective.. my sister who was sick for the entire duration of her pregnancy even water caused her nausea so she used to simply fast which wasn't healthy at all, but because any substance entering her body caused her severe retching.. since her insurance didn't cover this medication she had to pay for it out of pocket but she pretty much took it for the entire 9 months and surprisingly she said that it took a while after birth before she was back to normal..

Anyone who has morning sickness past the first trimester however should consult with a doctor since it isn't physiologically normal. the nausea is caused by HCG which rises in the first trimester but decreases thereafter, as such though there are rare cases of this being normal and physiological, continuation of nausea usually denotes a continued rise in HCG and that could mean a molar pregnancy.

and Allah swt knows best

Thank you for clarifying that.
I have been told that Zofran can be a really good medicine for nausea/vomiting.
You are also correct with it being costly. :hmm:

To the original poster..
Sister, I hope you find something that will work for you. The good news is that your nausea, vomiting, and fatigue should start to decrease as you near your second trimester. Just try to keep in mind that your body is working hard for your baby masha'Allah.
If you find that you cannot even keep fluids down, then you should consult a doctor.
There is a condition called hyperemesis.. but it doesn't sound like you have that or you probably wouldn't even have the strength or want to post on this forum about it.

May Allah bless you with a very healthy baby. Ameen. :)

mammyluty
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
thnx alot for all ur remedies.i went to de doctors n they gave me cyclezine pills.i get them for free cos am in uk.

av tried the eating small frequently helps n not along with fluids.i think am geting better.its just worse in the morning when i get up but gets better during the day so dats a relief for me.

surprisingly i feel really good when i eat stachy foods n spicy ones n i manage to keep them down.the only ones i cant eat r the bland ones like salad or bread.

n cofffee helps me settle in the morning because i like the smell of it.but most of all am patient i know its only for a while n thnx again 4ur support and advice.

★ηαѕιнα★
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
^^ I dont know whether coffee is a good thing to drink. Is cafeine a good thing to have when being pregnant?

mammyluty
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
caffeine is not good only if u r taking it in excess.but am only drinking it only in the morning n dats it.n i put very litlle in the hot milk just to smell it.inshallah i think it should b fine..

julie sarri
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
the doctors say try to stay away from to much caffeine but one cup should be ok i found that when i ate biscuits in the morning it helped and i was really sick with the twins couldent keep anything down except the biscuits until i was 5 months inshaallah sis it will became easier for you

cat eyes
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
i thought that spicy foods is meant be harmful as well?

Donia
03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
caffeine is not good only if u r taking it in excess.but am only drinking it only in the morning n dats it.n i put very litlle in the hot milk just to smell it.inshallah i think it should b fine..
Have you tried using de-caffeinated instead?

Should still have the same smell.

cat eyes
03-24-2010, 07:26 PM
yeah the de caff is just as nice i think:statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
asalam alaikum sisters

can i ask for any advise or remedies to try.am 3months pregnant wth second baby an av been sick since day one,vomiting naessea n feeling weak all day.for those who have experienced it do u have any thing for me to try that u tried n worked on u.my firs is 10 months old n its really difficult to cope.even praying i hev to do it while siiting cos when i rukuu i feel sick.please any ideas will be appreciated.

shukran

MORNING SICKNESS

The main culprit for morning sickness is Beta hCG, a pregnancy hormone that is present in blood during the first trimester. Couple that with a growing uterus, sluggish digestion and increased levels of stomach acid and the likelihood is you're probably feeling a little queasy! Many pregnant women also find they have a heightened sense of smell during this time which can spark off unexpected bouts of nausea.

Remedy: there is plenty you can do to help alleviate nausea but not everything works first time and you may have to embark on a little trial and error exercise to find the right remedy for you.

Eat little and often to keep blood sugar levels high

Avoid being close to foods that make you feel sick

Drink lots of fluids and if you're struggling to keep food down, consider an antenatal supplement

Try ginger - biscuits, tea or ale can all help battle sickness

Tiredness can contribute to nausea so get as much rest as possible

Ginger

In any form, although it's best to get the real thing: you can get it in the supermarkets and it looks like a piece of dead wood. Peel the "bark" off and cut a few slices or grate some into a cup and fill with hot water to infuse. Add honey to taste. Sip through the morning or through the day as necessary. Otherwise, ginger biscuits are pretty effective too and ginger tea bags are widely available.

Sea-sickness bands

Available from most chemists, these are bands you wear on your wrist with a plastic nodule that digs gently into the acupressure point for nausea. Reportedly very effective for morning sickness.

Fresh air

Open the windows or go and sit outside. Central heating can make you feel worse.

Nibbling crackers

Cream crackers or water biscuits. Just keep a supply with you and nibble them throughout the day. Keep them by your bed and try and have a couple before you get up.

Vitamin B6

50mgs a day has been shown to be effective, but as always with any supplements ask your doctor or midwife if this is OK.

(Source: NHS.gov.uk)

and Allah knows best

:wa:

mammyluty
03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Have you tried using de-caffeinated instead?

Should still have the same smell.
i have not tried the decaf bt il try.i hope they taste the same.

mammyluty
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i thought that spicy foods is meant be harmful as well?
am not sure about that sister bt i know for some women it makes them sick cos of too much acidity.but for me is the opposite i can eat it bt only once i cantt repeat the same food twice otherwise il puke.

mammyluty
03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
i have to say that i feel better just to know that i have people who care to support someone for tha sake of Allah.May Allah reward all of u for this.

SMA89
03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Take Vitamin B6
Treating Morning Sickness
Various studies have been done with respect to vitamin B6 benefits and pregnancy. In a case study, it was found that vitamin B6 can be used for treatment of morning sickness, which many women experience during the first months of pregnancy.

syilla
03-26-2010, 02:36 PM
:salamext:

looking at the number of this thread pages...i was at first was soooo happy to find lots of mothers in this forum... ;D

Ukhtee... avoid eating spicy food... during the middle period of pregnancy your heartburn might get worse.

Try this...

1. Bring a soap in your handbag and smell it when you don't feel well.

2. don't be near to those people who have strong smell :omg:

3. if you don't think soap will help you try smelling lemon or lime or anything like it.

4. Just remember if your vomiting is getting worse, why not just relax at the hospital for a few days while they put some liquid in you. InshaAllah you'll feel much better after that.

:)

Lonely Gal
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
my sister was really bad in her pregnancy in terms of vomiting all the time.. after few months is did get better for her.. i think its something that u cant really avoid.. i heard that if the mother vomits alot it means the baby is well connected in the womb or something.. not sure how much truth is there tho..
my sis did have to go into hosp as she became very dehydrated and they had to put her glucose a few times so make sure if u aint feeling well and still vomitin constantly then go hosp, it makes a huge difference, my sis came back from hosp like a new lively person lol
She's had a baby girl a mnth ago..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!