/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim graves damaged in Leeds cemetery

Uthman
03-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Nineteen gravestones have been vandalised in a section of a Leeds cemetery used by Muslims.

One headstone was broken and a number of name plaques on wooden stands were damaged at Harehills Cemetery.

Police said they were "keeping an open mind" on whether the graves were deliberately targeted because they were linked to Muslim families.

The damage is believed to have happened overnight last Thursday. Witnesses are being asked to contact police.

Insp Nik Adams said: "This incident has caused a great deal of upset and distress to a number of people in the local community.

"Over the weekend we have worked alongside community and religious leaders to identify and contact the next of kin of those whose graves have been affected by this mindless vandalism.

"At this stage in the investigation we are keeping an open mind on whether the graves were deliberately targeted because they were linked to Muslim families or whether they were vandalised because of their proximity to a nearby path and two thoroughfares that run through the cemetery."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
03-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Whether they were deliberately targeted because the graves are linked to Muslim families is irrelevent in my view. Desecrating a grave is disgusting and wrong.

Uthman
03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Leeds: Police probe as yobs desecrate Muslim graves

Raaina
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree with Muezzin. Regardless of what religion someone is burried by.
I hope those who did this get what they deserve, for such a heartless act.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!