/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal and Haram Foods

Nimboo
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Anyone know where I can find the scholarly opinions on what type of food is Halal and Haraam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
03-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Al-Maeda 5:3]

A Guide to Halal Food Selection

http://www.cookeryonline.com/Vegetarian/halal.html

Halal Shopper Guide

http://www.ifanca.org/guide/

Muslim Consumer Group

muslimsister1
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM
:sl:

Hope ur all in gud health, brother if u put in google GMWA it will direct u to a website which gves a list

Hope it helps

:wa:

Nimboo
03-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Thanks Very Much for those :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nimboo
Anyone know where I can find the scholarly opinions on what type of food is Halal and Haraam?
:sl:

In the name of Allah, the Inspirer of truth

Uncertainty in ingredients can be relived by contacting the company in questions. One can email, write, or call the cheese processing plant or the bread company and ask them for the source of their ingredients. Most companies are happy to oblige.

One should abstain from foods that have a possibility of being haram, until this uncertainty can be lifted in some way.

Since ingredients are changing everyday, it is very difficult to provide any absolute answer in terms of which breads or cheeses, etc., are halal at any given time. Muslims are need of organizations that can provide this research on a permanent and regular basis. You can visit:

For general food

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/index.php

For meat

www.halalmc.co.uk

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!