/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my husband wants to be a taxi driver

innocent
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Salam alaikum

I did have my doubts about this job being totally halal. And then I saw this.

http://www.muftisays.com/qa/question...i-drivers.html

What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-24-2010, 06:17 PM
you can always refuse to pick up a person once you know where they are headed, also I doubt people say take me to club 59 rather they say take me to 54 and lexington so you don't really know whether they are going to club 59 or the deli next door..

my two cents and Allah swt knows best

:w:

innocent
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I've just found another reason-
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10374/taxi%20driver

cat eyes
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
sister i read that fatwa however i would get many different opinions on this. there is a difference between a man who WANTS to be alone with a non mahram woman and the person who dose not WANT but he has to because its part of his job. Allah surely knows whats in the heart of a person and thats all that matters. i cannot say whether your husband would be tempted to do evil or not, nobody can say only Allah knows and if hes intention is not bad he wont be held accounted for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
03-26-2010, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Salam alaikum

I did have my doubts about this job being totally halal. And then I saw this.

http://www.muftisays.com/qa/question...i-drivers.html

What do you think?
:sl: there is a difference of opinion in regards to this matter, however it is best to take precautionary measures and therefore your husband should try to look for other alternative work.

He should also try to avoid working in certain areas on Friday and Saturday nights when people go out for drinking and to clubs and women are dressed up innappropriatley.

There is also a lot of danger to taxi drivers on these particular nights because of the binge drinking culture in the west which is the cause of a lot of voilent and unsocial behaviour.

He should also try his best not to pick up non mahram women who travel alone.

He should constantly repent and make dua for Allah to give him alternative work as Allah helps those who help themselves.

and Allah knows best

:wa:

Snowflake
03-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

A 'kind of' relative who is a black cab driver told our elders the following things that taxi driver experience in their jobs:

1. Immoral women offering to commit haram acts with taxi drivers if they cannot afford the fare.

2. Drunkards vomiting in the taxi, not to mention abusing the drivers.

3. Shameless couples openly committing indecent acts.

4. People who living in high-rise flats claim to have to go up to their flat to get money for the fare only to never come back.

It may be good money but what use is that money if we are exposed to so much haram and fitnah in order to acquire it. It is better to earn less and keep our mind and senses pure from contamination. The real value is not in the money but in the amount of barakah it contains. InshaAllah, if both of you beg Allah to help you and be patient and grateful for what you have, help will come from Allah Himself. And nothing is better than what comes from Allah. May Allah grant your family halal rizak. Ameen.

cat eyes
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
what can a person really expect living in a non muslim country though. there is going to be a certain amount of fitnah in every single job. there is no such thing as a perfect job there is no such thing as a perfect anything in this world. there is so many haraam stuff which comes in to working in places. the scholars have to go with the times and the country muslims have choosen to live in thats why there comes a difference in opinion between them. anyway never fear poverty Allah will always have the food on the table inshaAllah

GuCcI
03-28-2010, 01:48 AM
:sl:

the good thing is is that there is no compromise in salah time, and other important areas one wants to dedicate his time to.

it allows for flexibility during ramadan, salah, and other practices that other jobs dont

- this is my first post in 2 yrs!! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!