/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photography allowed?

new2010
03-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Salamunaleykum brothers and sisters,

I new here, and I would like say at first some thinks about me. And yeah I know, the nickname isn't very creative

Also I thinking the most important think what must I say is - I believe you can now assume what I mean - my english is not really good. But I give my best, to articulate me.

And still a beside question: Is this an Sunnah Forum? Sorry, for this stupid question.

Ok my head question is: Is photographying allowed? I had read many sites and asked an imam, but am not sure. Because I thinking, in case that these is an haram, then is it an big haram. Because of Allah is only! So "la illahe illalah" and you can never know what other people doing in future with the photos.

I would photographing at first for journalism. would that be haram? Because you photographying humans etc.

And would it be haram when I photographying aircrafts? I have seeing an Video on Youtube and an Iman tells, that this is not allowed too, to make photos of thinks without an soul. But at the background he had an Big Poster of an Mosque. I think it is a little bit a antagonism.

What do you think, what should I do? And please use not so difficult sentences, I not so good. Still not!

s.a

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
03-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam

visit here: Picture Making

new2010
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Thank you very much for link!

Understood I right that it is helal to photography with an digicam when I not print this pictures.

But it is haram, when I making pictures with an analog camera because I make this picture as I pressing the shutter?

But I pressing the shutter with a digicam, too.

But it's helal to photography aircrafts because those haven't an soul's?

This topic about photography is really confusing and everybody had an diffrent opinion.

I wish allah, can tell me the right answer.

islamirama
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Thank you very much for link!

Understood I right that it is helal to photography with an digicam when I not print this pictures.

But it is haram, when I making pictures with an analog camera because I make this picture as I pressing the shutter?

But I pressing the shutter with a digicam, too.

But it's helal to photography aircrafts because those haven't an soul's?

This topic about photography is really confusing and everybody had an diffrent opinion.

I wish allah, can tell me the right answer.
It is not as confusing as you think. The right answer is given there.

You can take pictures with a digitial camera because everything is digitized, meaning stays in the electronic world. If you print those pictures out than that's haram. The normal camera photography is haram because you print the film out so you have pictures on paper and that is not allowed according many scholars.

And yes you can take pictures of any thing without a soul, meaning not humans or animals and you can print that out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sully
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Did any of you guys visit the Science Museum?! The camera was discovered by a Muslim bro! Did you know that huh? huh, huh, well did ya? huh? I think it was Ibn Haitam or someone. Check it out! It's called 1001 Inventions

ardianto
03-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Photography is not hand drawing.

new2010
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you know, what I mean now? Anybody had an own opinion.

ardianto
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Do you know, what I mean now? Anybody had an own opinion.
Different opinions.

And according to many scholars in my place, Difference is a 'Rahmat'.

new2010
04-04-2010, 06:26 PM
How do you mean it?

And how it is, when the focus isn't of the thing without a soul. Also when you photographying a building and humans or many birds are before of this. Is this haram to print these?

And why are the opinions diffrent? Really when you use google you find hundrests of post for this topic but how can we know which opinion is right.

Because of: In all over the world there are newspaper and in those newspaper are pictures of humans, bird and buildings.

s.a

ardianto
04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
How do you mean it?

And how it is, when the focus isn't of the thing without a soul. Also when you photographying a building and humans or many birds are before of this. Is this haram to print these?

And why are the opinions diffrent? Really when you use google you find hundrests of post for this topic but how can we know which opinion is right.

Because of: In all over the world there are newspaper and in those newspaper are pictures of humans, bird and buildings.

s.a
The difference of opinion is not in photography but in objects of photography.

All scholars agree if photography is not haram, but they are not in one opinion about object that halal for taken in photography. There are scholars who say taking picture of life being is haram, there are scholars who say taking picture of life being is allowed but must according to sharia, in example, is not allowed to take picture of immodest dressed people.

And why the opinions are different ?. That's why scholars in my place say, difference is a rahmat.
It is not wrong if we have different opinion as long as 'daleel' for this opinion is according to sharia. And of course, we must respect to Muslims who hold different opinions.

new2010
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes, but I don't unterstand, why is printing of photography haram. It is just an 2D Picture. And I don't know any religions which adore an Picture. It is just an Picture, of the creation thinks from Allah not an statue.

Then it is haram, when I photography for an photo agency. Because this photos will be prit in newspaper's etc.

In case of, that it is really haram. And I don't do it. Have I choise the right way. But
In case of, that it is helal. And I regardless don't do it for Allah, get I enjoyment from Allah?

For example I've ask last year an Imam in my mosque and he had said, that is not haram, because of tin god worship is at this time not currently.

I hope really, that I not anger you or Allah. I want like to just have an job but I don't want like to get Allahs enragement. Please are not mad with me.

s.a

CosmicPathos
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Tomorrow we will have issues that "if intimacy with one's wife is allowed or not."

How can photography by itself be haram? Is knife haram? Is creating things haram? Photography which goes against Sharia is haram. I think we all know what that sort of photography is.

Secondly, putting pictures of humans on walls is also haram.

new2010
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Also is it for journalism not haram, because I don't goes against Sharia?

BIG SORRY. The post is little cryptographically secured or it is my bad english. Although I think I've unterstand what you mean just the sentence with "humans on walls" have I not unterstand correct.

islamirama
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Also is it for journalism not haram, because I don't goes against Sharia?

BIG SORRY. The post is little cryptographically secured or it is my bad english. Although I think I've unterstand what you mean just the sentence with "humans on walls" have I not unterstand correct.
Islam is clear on whats haram and whats halaal. What other people do does not determine Islam. What pictures journalists take or what not is our concern as they have their own path they follow. People do what they want regardless of what shariah says.

The humans on the wall is referring to the hadith of the prophet (s) that states that no angel of mercy will enter a house in which pictures are hung on the walls or a dog is in the house.

new2010
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Ok, when I make for example that photo: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot..._1/default.stm and this will print in a magazine. Then it is haram?!

The Link is arbitrarily.

islamirama
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Bro everything is clear, read the islamic rulings given here. If you want to take pictures and have them printed out than that's your call even though there really isn't a need for pictures to tell a story.

new2010
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Ok, I will not do it! Only Pictures without an soul. Aircrafts, Buildings etc. And when I make pictures of humans then I don't print it.

But a last question (really): What is when I make an picture of an mosque, and humans are in the picture. Then can I print it? Because, it would be very hard to delete the humans of the picture.

But I thanks you all for your endurance

tango92
04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
is it haram to have a mirror? digital cameras are just that, they reflect reality. i think its ok even if you print them, cause its not like your trying to imitate what Allah swt created your just preserving that moment exactly as it was

islamirama
04-13-2010, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
i think its ok even if you print them, cause its not like your trying to imitate what Allah swt created your just preserving that moment exactly as it was
And what is your thinking based off of? Did you read any islamic book on this topic or is this "thinking" based off of your personal belief and reasoning?

We should be careful to what say in regards to religious matter, because you tell someone you "think, its ok" and it really is haraam than you have misguided someone and gained yourself a share in their sins.

As for printing pictures on paper, the ruling giving in this thread is that digital photography is ok so long as you don't print the pictures like normal photography. As stated, there is a difference of opinions among some scholars who say its ok and what not to take pictures and print them and what not. Our job should be see the evidence and proof presented by both scholars and see which one makes more sense to us as to what is right and go with that scholar, and not pick one that agrees with our nafs. This is a general advice to everyone inshallah, include myself.

CosmicPathos
04-14-2010, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
And what is your thinking based off of? Did you read any islamic book on this topic or is this "thinking" based off of your personal belief and reasoning?

We should be careful to what say in regards to religious matter, because you tell someone you "think, its ok" and it really is haraam than you have misguided someone and gained yourself a share in their sins.

As for printing pictures on paper, the ruling giving in this thread is that digital photography is ok so long as you don't print the pictures like normal photography. As stated, there is a difference of opinions among some scholars who say its ok and what not to take pictures and print them and what not. Our job should be see the evidence and proof presented by both scholars and see which one makes more sense to us as to what is right and go with that scholar, and not pick one that agrees with our nafs. This is a general advice to everyone inshallah, include myself.
TO be honest with you, this is more of a philosophical issue. That is: if there is a difference in keeping the pics in digitized form or to print them. Even when you are printing them, you are not creating them with your hand. The arguments by scholars in this regards have been very simplistic. I am not entirely convinced. Even though I DONT print pictures of humans, I am not convinced by the evidence presented that printing pictures of humans taken by camera is haram. I however do believe that creating pictures of things with soul by painting or sculpturing is haram. The evidence is clear cut.

If pictures were haram then why do our eyes capture the reality? Using a camera to take pictures is capturing reality, not imitating it. The iris and cornea in our eyes is also "printing" the image onto the retina. If it is so haram then why we have been given this tool? One can argue that the image on retina is not permanent. Sure. The image on the paper is also not permanent. The ink can be faded away.

islamirama
04-14-2010, 03:33 AM
The retina is a creation of Allah, He gave it its purpose for what it is used. I do somewhat share you view though that photographs, whether digital or not, could be seen as the same thing with the difference that digitial is just bunch of 010101's where as other is hard copy. It would be interesting to actually sit with a scholar and discuss this issue more thoroughly. In any case, lets not forget the hadith stating angels of mercy do not enter a house where pictures are hung. So just to be on the safe side, it would be better not to have hard copy of the pictures or take them. Considering the technology of today, one should actually go with digital camera and also digitize their hard copies instead go the other way.

new2010
04-15-2010, 06:11 PM
But a last question (really): What is when I make an picture of an mosque, and humans are in the picture. Then can I print it? Because, it would be very hard to delete the humans of the picture.
Can everyone answer the last question? It is important for me. And yes it would be amazing to discuss with an scholar about this topic. But actually you respect Allah's creation with an photo. But it is 1:1.

S.A

ardianto
04-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Can everyone answer the last question? It is important for me. And yes it would be amazing to discuss with an scholar about this topic. But actually you respect Allah's creation with an photo. But it is 1:1.

S.A
Remember when I said "Difference is a Rahmat" ?.
Actually, that statement is for you.

I give you an answer, take that photo and print it. But do not provoke other Muslims who hold different opinion. Always respect to the differences. Okay ?.

new2010
06-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmetullahi wa Barakatuhu,

ok, we've clarified the base question. But I had some days ago edited an aircraft picture. And I've change the contrast with photoshop. And the colour of the sky was changed. It is in this case so, that I change that was Allah has created?

I'm I little unsure. There is or are any fatwa's or other informations about this question?

new2010
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry but I can't find the edit button. The last sence must be: I'm a little unsure. Are there any fatwa's or other informations about this question? It was a little misspelling.

ardianto
06-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmetullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
ok, we've clarified the base question. But I had some days ago edited an aircraft picture. And I've change the contrast with photoshop. And the colour of the sky was changed. It is in this case so, that I change that was Allah has created?
Bring your camera and take picture of the sky. Then change color of the sky in this picture in many different colors, purple, yellow, pink, etc. Now look at to the sky. Is the sky color changed according to your pictures ?. Of course not. ;D

You did not change anything that was Allah has created. You only change your own creation or someone else creation.
I'm I little unsure. There is or are any fatwa's or other informations about this question?
About photo manipulation ?.

You can manipulate photo with photoshop, as long as not for lying or fitnah. In example, you take photo of Mr.Najib, then you take picture of Mr.Farouq. You combine those pictures and you tell everyone, this is picture of Mr.Najib when he meet Mr.Farouq. Manipulated photo like this is considered as fitnah.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!