PDA

View Full Version : So you think you have it bad..



جوري
03-25-2010, 12:25 AM
:sl:

I have been wallowing in my woes for several days now and it has been difficult for me to even get out of bed at times, in fact there was a period of 33 hrs when I didn't see sleep or food.. so this is more for me than anyone else.. but to remind ourselves what it truly means to think of those less fortunate:

(removed images because I thought they might be upsetting for some members)

this last baby wasn't abused, he has neuroblastoma (brain tumor) imsad

:w:

Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
:cry: are those pictures really real?
Reply

Life_Is_Short
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Jazak'Allah Khair. For a minute there i thought this was one of your medical threads. Are all of the above, except the baby, abused?
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
yeah, they are all medical conditions, some of them are more disfiguring than anything really but the baby at the bottom is the worse of the lot..the other baby with (the dots) has congenital CMV will most likely be disabled but at least it isn't a brain tumor..

al7mdlillah alzhi 3afana mima ibtala beh ghyrona.. we are truly blessed even if we might not see it.

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
جوري
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Jazak'Allah Khair. For a minute there i thought this was one of your medical threads. Are all of the above, except the baby, abused?
:sl: sis

none of the are abused they have medical conditions.. the baby appears abused because of the bruises but he has cancer..

:w:
Reply

Salahudeen
03-25-2010, 12:36 AM
isn't there any treatment for these skin disorders :(
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
yeah but they are not usually very successful and for some there is just supportive care ..

:w:
Reply

Life_Is_Short
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I know someone who has brain tumor. imsad
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 12:55 AM
the first one the Cutaneous larva migrans is self-limited.. the lady with the Ostraceous psoriasis can go into remission with treatment but it can recur, it is emotionally scaring and disfiguring. The kid with the tumor, well it depends on the stage and spread.. the foot with the Chromoblastomycosis (fungal infection) is kind of refractory to treatment, sometimes anti-fungals are used sometimes surgery, but this usually affects poor people who work in bad conditions and usually never seek treatment.. the kid with the CMV is likely to be disabled for the rest of his life..

:w:
Reply

Alpha Dude
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
:sl:

This is a potent reminder. JazakAllah Khayr. Us in the developed world tend to judge our situation against other people around us but there's almost 3 billion people who only live on something measly as $2.50 a day. I bet they work so many ludicrous hours under terrible conditions to earn that too.

When we're suffering, we think we're the only ones that have had it so bad. We're just insulated from the suffering of others.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
:sl:
deep reminder...

can i know what are the names of the conditions, especially the ones that look like fungus. and why does is that guys head only partially affected :?
Reply

gladTidings
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
=(

I have nothing to say, but, alhamdullilah.
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
:sl:
deep reminder...

can i know what are the names of the conditions, especially the ones that look like fungus. and why does is that guys head only partially affected :?
:sl:
the guy has zoster (shingles) I must admit I have never seen a case quite so bad!

:w:
Reply

Supreme
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Are those sorts of digusting pictures appropriate?

Nevertheless, the point is still the same. I have been suffering lately too, as I worry too much about my height. It really does help to think of those poor souls who are in wheelchairs, who have cancer, who are blind, who have lost an arm or leg, etc. It really does put your own problems in perspective.
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Are those sorts of digusting pictures appropriate?
Do you think human suffering is disgusting?

Nevertheless, the point is still the same. I have been suffering lately too, as I worry too much about my height. It really does help to think of those poor souls who are in wheelchairs, who have cancer, who are blind, who have lost an arm or leg, etc. It really does put your own problems in perspective.
I am sure many would love to switch places with you.. nonetheless if you are not yet of a certain age there are things you can do to help your height problems!
Reply

Supreme
03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Do you think human suffering is disgusting?
Yep. I certainly don't think it's happy or joyful, if that's what you mean.

am sure many would love to switch places with you.. nonetheless if you are not yet of a certain age there are things you can do to help your height problems!
Indeed.
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Yep. I certainly don't think it's happy or joyful, if that's what you mean.



Indeed.
Joyful doesn't equate to eliciting disgust, else they'd be synonymous in the dictionary.. sometimes when one has nothing nice to say it is best not to say anything at all!

all the best
Reply

piXie
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
:sl: skye, is there a known cause for these diseases? May Allaah ease their suffering and give u ease too - and everyone else going through a tough time. Aameen.

Jazak Allaah Khayr for the reminder.
Reply

Supreme
03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Joyful doesn't equate to eliciting disgust, else they'd be synonymous in the dictionary.. sometimes when one has nothing nice to say it is best not to say anything at all!

all the best
I've always thought disgust was the suitable reaction for human suffering. I've always been disgusted, whether it be a genocide or a serious disease.
Reply

جوري
03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by piXie
:sl: skye, is there a known cause for these diseases? May Allaah ease their suffering and give u ease too - and everyone else going through a tough time. Aameen.

Jazak Allaah Khayr for the reminder.
:sl: dear sis

some are latent viruses, some are from various parasites and worms, fungal infections, sexually transmitted then vertically transmitted some are genetic and some are idiopathic.. but It is Allah swt that heals and Allah swt that we should ask for aid at every hours.

:w:
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Supreme
I've always thought disgust was the suitable reaction for human suffering. I've always been disgusted, whether it be a genocide or a serious disease.
your *wannabe* smart alec attitude should go somewhere where its actually wanted and appropriate.
Reply

Ramadhan
03-26-2010, 04:47 AM
In my previous job, I visited many AIDS patients in their terminal stages where they developed ALL kinds of (non-genetic) diseases you can find in a medical handbook and those diseases manifested in their full glories because there is nothing left in their immune system to stop/minimise it.

Some patients had full bloom big champignon mushroom-like all over their bodies, very much alike the mushrooms you find on a rotten wood. It was not a pretty sight.

A quick visit to these patients should be made compulsory to teenagers who will no doubt think twice about extra-marital sex or drug use for the rest of their life after seeing the consequences, that is, if their eeman is not strong enough.
Reply

Donia
03-26-2010, 05:05 AM
:sl: Sister Skye,

Thank you for posting this. It is a reminder. I think sometimes we don't realize how bad things really can be if we are never exposed to true suffering and tragedies first-hand.

All of these cases are sad. The pictures of the two babies just... :cry:

SubhanAllah - May Allah heal them because Allah is the best of healers. Ameen.

JazakAllah khair sister.
Reply

CosmicPathos
03-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by naidamar
In my previous job, I visited many AIDS patients in their terminal stages where they developed ALL kinds of (non-genetic) diseases you can find in a medical handbook and those diseases manifested in their full glories because there is nothing left in their immune system to stop/minimise it.

Some patients had full bloom big champignon mushroom-like all over their bodies, very much alike the mushrooms you find on a rotten wood. It was not a pretty sight.

A quick visit to these patients should be made compulsory to teenagers who will no doubt think twice about extra-marital sex or drug use for the rest of their life after seeing the consequences, that is, if their eeman is not strong enough.
:sl:

How did you balance such a reality with your faith in the All-Merciful Allah? Did you think that these diseases are because of the Wrathful attribute of Allah? Are we allowed to think like that? If I cannot think after seeing someone in such a humiliating punishment that it is due to Allah's wrath, should I say it is because of Allah's mercy? Its pretty confusing, lets say the person with those mushroom blooms asks for forgiveness day and night for his pre-martial sex, would he be forgiven? If he will be forgiven, would his disease go away? So far I have not seen a miracle occurring in the terminally ill AIDS patients, ALL of them die because of immune dysfunction. No divine intervention for them. Why should we expect divine intervention in our trivial matters then?
:wa:
Reply

Alpha Dude
03-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

mad_scientist, why would you feel the need to contemplate it? Can you not just assume that it is purely a test and leave it at that? A test for the person with the illness and also a test for those around him.

Also, remember Ayub Alaihe Salam was severely tested with illness that was visually unappealing too. We wouldn't say it was out of punishment.

Edit: You might be talking specifically about those people that have gotten AIDS due to zina, in which case you might be right that it might be a punishment. However, as part of husn al dhan, it's better not to delve too much into it and assume they are the worst people or anything of the sort.
Reply

CosmicPathos
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wa alaykum salam,

mad_scientist, why would you feel the need to contemplate it? Can you not just assume that it is purely a test and leave it at that? A test for the person with the illness and also a test for those around him.

Also, remember Ayub Alaihe Salam was severely tested with illness that was visually unappealing too. We wouldn't say it was out of punishment.

Edit: You might be talking specifically about those people that have gotten AIDS due to zina, in which case you might be right that it might be a punishment. However, as part of husn al dhan, it's better not to delve too much into it and assume they are the worst people or anything of the sort.
jazakAllah for that. What you said is one way of avoiding this dead-end in thoughts.

I think no human with a soul can call these people bad when he/she sees them lying in death bed with all those mushroom blooms just because they were prostitutes in the past and got AIDS due to it .... it could be that Allah (swt) has given them this disease to forgive them ....

What is confusing is the whole mystery around the end of each and every human .... its quite interesting that we can never know what God wanted or wants, except from that which has been revealed in Quran and Sunnah.

Even a mulhid is brought to his knees and tears when he suffers ... what a sorrowful reality of worldly life while I was continuously told by family and society while in school to develop high ambitions for this life and to be "successful" whatever that meant to them ... and to be competitive and to excel in studies and to be scholastic and to be athletic and to be remembered in history ...
Reply

gladTidings
03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by mad_scientist

Even a mulhid is brought to his knees and tears when he suffers ... what a sorrowful reality of worldly life.
Indeed.

We were not made to understand His infinite wisdom. We were made to worship Him.
Reply

Argamemnon
03-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I couldn't look at the pictures. I'm going to say something that I shouldn't, but knowing that many others are suffering a lot more than myself doesn't relieve my own pain and suffering. I continue to suffer horribly. We were meant to suffer, some more than others. Life is not beautiful and we are not in Paradise. I know we must cope with all difficulties life throws at us, but I find it annoying when people say that life is so wonderful. It's just not true..
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by mad_scientist
jazakAllah for that. What you said is one way of avoiding this dead-end in thoughts.

I think no human with a soul can call these people bad when he/she sees them lying in death bed with all those mushroom blooms just because they were prostitutes in the past and got AIDS due to it .... it could be that Allah (swt) has given them this disease to forgive them ....

What is confusing is the whole mystery around the end of each and every human .... its quite interesting that we can never know what God wanted or wants, except from that which has been revealed in Quran and Sunnah.

Even a mulhid is brought to his knees and tears when he suffers ... what a sorrowful reality of worldly life while I was continuously told by family and society while in school to develop high ambitions for this life and to be "successful" whatever that meant to them ... and to be competitive and to excel in studies and to be scholastic and to be athletic and to be remembered in history ...
:sl:

Allah, Glory be to Him, says in the Quran: "Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, 'We believe,' and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false" (Quran, 29: 2-3).

Please read my posts in this thread and things will become clearer inshallah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...est-allah.html

:wa:
Reply

Misz_Muslimah
03-26-2010, 06:46 PM
^ Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing..
Subhanallah, may Allah ease their suffering imsad
Reply

Beardo
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh my God. Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon.

But perhaps you could have put a warning before the pictures for those who are sensitive towards these type of things. I know people who pass out at these type of sights...
Reply

جوري
03-27-2010, 12:20 AM
:sl:

I have removed the images, I thought they made an indelible impression on everyone and as such no reason to hammer it in on daily basis..

al7mdlillah I think the point was made!

:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!