/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Only Fasting!

paradise88
03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
:sl:

Before I say anything only Allah (swt) knows if our prayers and fasts are accepted (Inshallah they are)...

However I know of people who do not pray (offer salah) at all or wear hijab (in terms of women) and generally 'inislamic' yet they do fast (sometimes with or without praying). I wanted to know views and facts (thats if it is known) are the fasts valid?? Surely praying 5 times a day is fard too so why just do one and fast?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
03-27-2010, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786

Before I say anything only Allah (swt) knows if our prayers and fasts are accepted (Inshallah they are)...

Surely praying 5 times a day is fard too so why just do one and fast?
:wa:,

because we have become weak in faith and therefore lazy. its easy for us to fast but not making salah. we dont ponder over reward for praying and sin for not praying.

may Allah help us to walk in His path.

Rafeeq
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
A better answer can be given by the one who does so.
I understand it is our weekness in our faith. We feel easy not to eat all the day but bother offering Sala 5 times.

paradise88
03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Hmm.. True.. I just wondered if its valid..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
03-27-2010, 11:47 AM
It's not valid !
I read a fatwa made by sheikh ibn Otheimeen (Rahimaho Allah), and he said :
fasting without doing prayer is not accepted by Allah, that's because if someone stop doing prayer (salat) he becomes a kafir (non beliver), and a kafir's fasting is not accepted, the prophet PBUH said a hadith which meaning is : "the only thing that separates one from kufr and shirk is the salat",
so who is not doing prayer (salat), his fasting is not accepted. wallahu aalam.

Hamza Asadullah
03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786

However I know of people who do not pray (offer salah) at all or wear hijab (in terms of women) and generally 'inislamic' yet they do fast (sometimes with or without praying). I wanted to know views and facts (thats if it is known) are the fasts valid?? Surely praying 5 times a day is fard too so why just do one and fast?
:sl: we should always approach our brothers and sisters when giving them dawah with wisdom and tact. Is it not better that they do something than they do nothing at all? It may be that because they pray one or two prayers and fast in Ramadan that they may be given guidance and the ability to start fulfilling all their obligations to Allah. Therefore we should never say to them "Because you don't pray none of your deeds are accepted".This is not the way to approach anyone who is not practising for they will be pushed further away with this type of arrogance.

One should also remember that the act of not praying is an act of kufr but does not make one a kaafir. Therefore one must NEVER refer to someone who does not practice as a kaafir.

Allah alone is the judge in all matters therefore we should approach our brothers and sisters who are not practising as in a most beautiful and gentle manner using wisdom and tact and tell them of the importance of fulfilling our obligations to Allah aswell as the benefits and consequances if we don't.

We should also remind them of death, the grave and there hereafter as these will bring back one into reality.

We should also make dua for them and we should remember that we are only informers and that we cannot guide anyone but Allah is the ONLY one who can guide.

We should also not have an arrogant attitude because it may be that Allah may love a thing that they have done or will do and there status would rise above ours. Iy may also be that none of our deeds are accepted so we should have a humble attitude and pray to Allah for our deeds to be accepted and we should never think of ourselves above anyone else even if they don't pray because it may be our arrogance and pride lowers our status and destroys our good deeds.

So let us call others towards fulfilling Allah's commands in a most beautiful manner and rid our hearts of arrogance and pride lest our own deeds are destroyed. Let us be humble slaves and never think of ourselves above anyone else lest our status becomes the lowest of the low.

and Allah knows best in all matters

:wa:

ahmed_indian
03-28-2010, 07:24 AM
well said bro Hamza81 mashallah

Still_learning
03-28-2010, 07:31 AM
you know what my grandpa always says

"fasting without prayer, is like an animal trying to eat with its mouth closed."

im not sure if he was quoting someone else, Allah knows best but eve if it was something he made up himself he has a good point.

Still_learning
03-28-2010, 07:35 AM
also i just read Hamza81 response MashAllah very well said.

noorseeker
03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
So let us call others towards fulfilling Allah's commands in a most beautiful manner and rid our hearts of arrogance and pride lest our own deeds are destroyed. Let us be humble slaves and never think of ourselves above anyone else lest our status becomes the lowest of the low.

and Allah knows best in all matters

May we all get this point Inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!