/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Nurse Training in an Islamic Nursery

tinkerbell
03-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Hello

I am a trainee nursery nurse with no prior knowledge of Islam and the faith itself, but I have some questions that I feel I cannot ask whilst I am in placement at the nursery.

Why are the eyes in the picture books and on posters not displayed?

Why do some women wear veils and others dont wear the veils?

I hope I have not been to rude in asking.

Katie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Hello Katie and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the late reply. You are most welcome to ask your questions here, and no, you haven't been rude at all.

It's a shame that you can't ask the staff in the nursery about questions such as these. I would have thought that they'd only be too happy to explain.

Images of animate beings aren't allowed in Islam. If using conventional books that already have images drawn in them, sometimes people cover up the eyes, or more usually the whole face, as it is the face that's regarded as the essence of the image.

With regards to the veil, I'm not sure if you were referring to the covering of the head or the face. Nevertheless, women in Islam are commanded to protect themselves with hijaab (covering). Some women don't do it, because perhaps they don't yet have the courage to do so, some don't because their families don't yet know that they're Muslims, and some unfortunately don't consider it an obligation. But Islamically all women should cover themselves including their hair at the very least, and many would include the face in that. Anything less than hair and/or face would not be considered proper covering.

Hope that helps a bit.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and we'll do our best to help.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!