/* */

PDA

View Full Version : London 7/7 bomber's mother-in-law speaks about attacks

Uthman
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
The mother-in-law of the ringleader of the 7 July bombers has spoken publicly for the first time about the effect the attack had on her family.

Fifty-two people died when four men, including Farida Patel's son-in-law Mohammed Siddque Khan, bombed London's transport network on 7 July 2005.

Farida Patel, from Dewsbury, told an anti-racism conference in Bradford how police searched her family's homes.

She said her life "came falling down" when armed police knocked on her door.

I do not take for granted the freedom and rights that I enjoy in this country because I have seen how oppressive other regimes can be

Farida Patel

Mrs Patel said: "When I opened the curtains all I saw was armed police officers with guns looking at me.

"When they walked in I asked 'why are you here', they said they are investigating the 7 July bombings and they will need to search the premises.

"They told me, my son and my daughter-in-law to take a few essentials and find alternative accommodation for a few days. That turned into two weeks."

The home of Mrs Patel's daughter, who was separated from Khan at the time of the bombings, was also searched.

Mrs Patel told The Monitoring Group conference that it was the most "difficult times of our lives".

Family estranged

The community activist said she later sold her home because pictures of the house and its address had been printed in newspapers and shown on television, and she no longer felt safe there.

She said: "When I left my home in Thornhill with Scotland Yard officers in their car little did I know that it would be the last time I would be stepping out of the house, a little beautiful bungalow I had bought with my late husband as a retirement home."

Mrs Patel said family members had cut all contact with her afterwards, "in case they got linked to the bombings as well", and she had not spoken to them since.

She said her son, who was questioned by police in 2007 and later released without charge, had been confronted by people about the attack.

She said: "My son... was asked 'have you done your time in prison, you did not get much for 7/7'."

Mrs Patel said she had worked "tirelessly" for 30 years to help build community relations and "help the Muslim community to integrate into British society".

She added: "I consider myself to be a British Muslim and England is my home.

"I do not take for granted the freedom and rights that I enjoy in this country because I have seen how oppressive other regimes can be."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
"I do not take for granted the freedom and rights that I enjoy in this country because I have seen how oppressive other regimes can be."

Source
She forgot to mention how oppressive her current regime is also. Poor woman has no choice but to say this is her "home" and what not for fear of more terrorizing from the "civilized" citizens and the "here to serve and protect" law enforcement...

CosmicPathos
03-26-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
The mother-in-law of the ringleader of the 7 July bombers has spoken publicly for the first time about the effect the attack had on her family.

Fifty-two people died when four men, including Farida Patel's son-in-law Mohammed Siddque Khan, bombed London's transport network on 7 July 2005.

Farida Patel, from Dewsbury, told an anti-racism conference in Bradford how police searched her family's homes.

She said her life "came falling down" when armed police knocked on her door.

I do not take for granted the freedom and rights that I enjoy in this country because I have seen how oppressive other regimes can be

Farida Patel

Mrs Patel said: "When I opened the curtains all I saw was armed police officers with guns looking at me.

"When they walked in I asked 'why are you here', they said they are investigating the 7 July bombings and they will need to search the premises.

"They told me, my son and my daughter-in-law to take a few essentials and find alternative accommodation for a few days. That turned into two weeks."

The home of Mrs Patel's daughter, who was separated from Khan at the time of the bombings, was also searched.

Mrs Patel told The Monitoring Group conference that it was the most "difficult times of our lives".

Family estranged

The community activist said she later sold her home because pictures of the house and its address had been printed in newspapers and shown on television, and she no longer felt safe there.

She said: "When I left my home in Thornhill with Scotland Yard officers in their car little did I know that it would be the last time I would be stepping out of the house, a little beautiful bungalow I had bought with my late husband as a retirement home."

Mrs Patel said family members had cut all contact with her afterwards, "in case they got linked to the bombings as well", and she had not spoken to them since.

She said her son, who was questioned by police in 2007 and later released without charge, had been confronted by people about the attack.

She said: "My son... was asked 'have you done your time in prison, you did not get much for 7/7'."

Mrs Patel said she had worked "tirelessly" for 30 years to help build community relations and "help the Muslim community to integrate into British society".

She added: "I consider myself to be a British Muslim and England is my home.

Source
Nice home it is. Home bitter home.

Supreme
03-26-2010, 11:11 PM
How utterly selfish her son was. This woman had worked her whole life for better relations with the non Muslim community, and had bought a little bungalow. Not only was her son a selfish suicidal murderer, he also ruined his parents lives by his act of terrorism, forcing them from their home and disgracing their family name. So much for the Islamic creed of respecting one's mother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
03-26-2010, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
How utterly selfish her son was. This woman had worked her whole life for better relations with the non Muslim community, and had bought a little bungalow. Not only was her son a selfish suicidal murderer, he also ruined his parents lives by his act of terrorism, forcing them from their home and disgracing their family name. So much for the Islamic creed of respecting one's mother.
seems like she failed as a parent to raise a proper son than if he would run off and do a thing like that. But then again there is plenty of evidence out there showing it as nothing more than a false flag op like 9-11. Keep repeating your lies long enough and many will believe it but not everyone....

Supreme
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
seems like she failed as a parent to raise a proper son than if he would run off and do a thing like that. But then again there is plenty of evidence out there showing it as nothing more than a false flag op like 9-11. Keep repeating your lies long enough and many will believe it but not everyone....
I was being serious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!