/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sorry i have been absent...

Grofica
03-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey sorry guys and gals,

I know i have not been online for a while. but i got a new job and then my hubby and i had a small vacation and its been crazy but now i am back.

the hubby and i are also working on putting new floors into our home.... so yeah everything is crazy. i have missed you all...

i notice we have a lot of new screen names here... tons of new people.... Any sisters in vegas? ha ha ha ha ha ha

but hey have a question... what happened to Italianguy???? his account is disabled. wow i have missed so much!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ژاله
03-27-2010, 08:04 AM
welcome back Grofica :)

Grofica
03-27-2010, 08:49 AM
thank you Malaak!

its great to be back!

★ηαѕιнα★
03-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Im glad I werent the only one with big questionmarks. Here is a link to a thread sis:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ot-banned.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Im glad I werent the only one with big questionmarks. Here is a link to a thread sis:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ot-banned.html
thanks sis... imsad that just sucks imsad he seemed so nice. I still wish we could know :hmm:

So what else did i miss in the forum?!?!?!?! How are you?

Rafeeq
03-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Welcome back to IB again

★ηαѕιнα★
03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
thanks sis... imsad that just sucks imsad he seemed so nice. I still wish we could know :hmm:

So what else did i miss in the forum?!?!?!?! How are you?
Yeah I know, didnt expect it either really..but guess were better off.
Im good alhamdoellilah. Well im a new member, joined in january so i actualy dont know a lot. Dunno what to tell you really. :)

Maryan0
03-27-2010, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Hey sorry guys and gals,

I know i have not been online for a while. but i got a new job and then my hubby and i had a small vacation and its been crazy but now i am back.

the hubby and i are also working on putting new floors into our home.... so yeah everything is crazy. i have missed you all...

i notice we have a lot of new screen names here... tons of new people.... Any sisters in vegas? ha ha ha ha ha ha

but hey have a question... what happened to Italianguy???? his account is disabled. wow i have missed so much!
I was wondering about that too it was so random...
Welcome back sis

Grofica
03-28-2010, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
I was wondering about that too it was so random...
Welcome back sis
Thanks i missed ya'll bunches.... i am sure the moderators had reason... (sigh)

So you are you?

Im so excited my hubby and I are working on making our house the way we want it. And the he has been helping me pick everything! I just feel fantastic! Like I am floating.

Work has been crazy too I mean I dont know if I posted it but about uhmmm almost two months ago i got a promotion into a job that suites me better. I get to work with ms access a bunch and for some crazy reason i love ms excel. formulas are just so awesome i love them. (yes i realize i am a geek)

but the two ladies i get to work with are soooooo crazy smart that Im sort of shy. (i know them both for quite a while they are the nicest gals you could ever meet) i mean i know quite a bit about MS but i dont even know half of what they know. Seriously this one gal i work with i have known for about 6 years and she built some really really complex things in access. i mean she built them. so i have been learning so much and its so hard but in a fun way... (for me at least) there are some days that i am just wipped out by the time i get home though. its so much thinking and blah blah.

so anyway thats all thats been going on and why i havent been online so much.

the floor material is supposed to be to my home in a couple days so the work people should start the floors maybe.... uhmmmm in 10 days or so... i could just scream i am so excited i dont even know what to do with myself and i got such an awesome deal on material (why i bought it myself) 1.65 a square foot for 12mm laminate ;D

ok so write back. i will keep you updated :D

★ηαѕιнα★
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
^^ Haha how nice to see there are actually open people on here. Meaning you share stuff about your life. Find it fun to remodel your house. Accesories are fun to pick out.
And laminate looks more stylish than carpet and what not. What else you gonna have done?
Haha your are a geek indeed sis but thats not a bad thing. Atleast you understand math! Which i dont obviously..;D accepted it a long while ago. Have fun at work inshallah!

Grofica
03-28-2010, 12:48 PM
^^ Haha how nice to see there are actually open people on here. Meaning you share stuff about your life. Find it fun to remodel your house. Accesories are fun to pick out. And laminate looks more stylish than carpet and what not. What else you gonna have done?
Yeah i got them all picked out but I cant buy anything until the floors are finished...

The floors are going to be black but with little bits of natural color showing through to make it warmer and more inviting...

the floors in the kitchen, Laundry room, Bathrooms and just a little bit in front of the door so people have a place to take their shoes off will be a high gloss white tile (i found an awesome deal on that too)

for the cabinates those will be either refinished and new doors added or replaced all-together. the guy is going to price it both ways. but i want the european style cabinates in a solid white. (i would love the high gloss but i cant afford it) and then the countertops are going to be solid white also.

the same will be done to the cabinates in the bathrooms also. :statisfie

Haha your are a geek indeed sis but thats not a bad thing. Atleast you understand math! Which i dont obviously..;D accepted it a long while ago. Have fun at work inshallah!
oh no no no see thats where you wrong i am horrible at math but excel will do everythning for you... the forumlas are just the way of telling excel how you want it to count. and what other special things you want it to do.... thats why i learned to use excel.... why add things or count something in one area when the computer can do it for me ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

im lazy.... ;D;D;D

i do have some other projects for the house but they will have to wait until way later....

i would like to take out the tubs in the guest bathroom and replace it with a normal tub and then place tile on the wall (to match the high gloss white on the floors) right now we just cant really do it... now we have those stupid drop in tubs with the plastic walls that they use in all homes anymore (in the states) its so ugly having plastic fake tiled looking walls but a little bit at a time.

Also i would like to do the garage and make it really nice with some storage and a wall of peg boards... (did i mention i am slightly obsessive when it comes to things always being in their place...) it drives me nuts if i cant see where everything is in one glance... everything has to be arranged perfectly. my hubby loves it and hates it at the same time. ha ha ha ha ha ha ;D

I have just about all the furniture picked out but like i said i have to wait till the floors are done.... i could so cry i just want to set up the house imsadimsadimsad

★ηαѕιнα★
03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
^^ aww sis dont be sad alhamdoellilah. Im sure everything will be perfect in the end.
You just need a little bit of patience (i hope the guy your hiring aint a slow worker ;D)
I know us women like the houses to be all perfect and comfortable and all.
But I think we stress to much about it sometimes. And besides we can't take it with us when we die. Everything has its time sis. It would be a nice house inshallah. Though I think its best to finish all before the kiddies arrive. Then it will be more stressfull!

And crying wont help the floor get done. You will just wet it with your tears and the guy will have to wait till everything dries up. ;D

Grofica
03-28-2010, 02:06 PM
^^ aww sis dont be sad alhamdoellilah. Im sure everything will be perfect in the end.
You just need a little bit of patience (i hope the guy your hiring aint a slow worker ;D)
I know us women like the houses to be all perfect and comfortable and all.
But I think we stress to much about it sometimes. And besides we can't take it with us when we die. Everything has its time sis. It would be a nice house inshallah. Though I think its best to finish all before the kiddies arrive. Then it will be more stressfull!

And crying wont help the floor get done. You will just wet it with your tears and the guy will have to wait till everything dries up. ;D
I just want the big things done before July... actually the floor people will take 5 days once they start and then the cabinate guy will take 2 maybe 3... so its not a big wait... the painting guy maybe 2

I dont worry about the kids things. i am fixed i cant have kids anymore i had my tubes tied when i was 20...

Grofica
03-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey i got my blog updated! now its in english too :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!