PDA

View Full Version : Canadian province set to limit use of Muslim veils

Uthman
03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Canadian province set to limit use of Muslim veils

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
idiotic Quebecois taking orders from the French.

Maryan0
03-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I read somewhere that only 25 people in the whole province wear the veil and that even in France less than 0.01% wear the niqab. These people have an agenda. It's the niqab today than it will be the hijab tomorrow. Ignatieff has also voiced his agreement with Quebec. I never thought this kind of thing would reach Canada.
Salam

islamirama
03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Even more idiots are the musilms who continue to live under such oppression. Have they not read the hadith of such people who fail to migrate and so they will be thrown in hellfire.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
03-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Uthman dude, just a little constructive criticism, and you don't have to take it heart, but do you mind posting the first part of the article in your post without one having to click on the link?

Anyway, it's dicrimination of a minority (women who wear the veil) of a minority (Muslims). When so few people wear it anyway in Quebec, Canadian taxpayers have to ask themselves whether their hard earned cash is being put to good use...

Uthman
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Uthman dude, just a little constructive criticism, and you don't have to take it heart, but do you mind posting the first part of the article in your post without one having to click on the link?
Sorry about that. I think I read on the website that Reuters doesn't allow republication of their material on the internet? That's why I just posted the link.

Uthman
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Most Canadians want niqab restricted

Quebec's niqab bill is unclear, sloppy and poorly-written

Niqab ban gets unanimous support in Canada

Uthman
03-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Tories, Liberals back Quebec’s veil ban

It strikes me that one of the best places in the Western world for a Muslim to live right now, in terms of religious freedom, is, in fact, Britain. There's no denying that the British have been, and by and large continue to be, extremely tolerant.

Supreme
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Tories, Liberals back Quebec’s veil ban

It strikes me that one of the best places in the Western world for a Muslim to live right now, in terms of religious freedom, is, in fact, Britain. There's no denying that the British have been, and by and large continue to be, extremely tolerant.
Indeed. Freedom of religion is a fundamental British ideal, and one that I take very serious pride in!

islamirama
03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I'm not sure i can agree with that. politicians in the US don't jump on any anti-islam ban this or ban that bandgon as they do in Britian. Also, i hear britian is full of prejudice and racism. Americans by far have manners and tend to be nice and diplomatic even if they cuss you behind your back, unless you run into your average ill educated low life. You guys can't even walk down the street without being called some racial slur.

CosmicPathos
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I cant believe that most Canadians are coming out with their true "canuck" roots.

Pygoscelis
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
A rational balance needs to be struck. Don't ban muslim head gear perse, but don't make special exceptions for muslim head gear either. Anywhere I can wear a hood, a muslima should be allowed to wear a headscarf. Anywhere I can wear a ski mask, a muslima should be allowed to wear the full head gear. There is no reason to mix in any prejudice, for or against.

Uthman
03-31-2010, 05:29 PM
I highly recommend this piece: Quebec's veil law is a slap in the face to Muslim women

Uthman
03-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Quebecers opinion of Muslims on the decline: poll

Supreme
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the articles, Uthman. The woman in the first one raises a good point. How can Canada claim to be better than the Taliban when women have to adhere to a certain dress code, just like the Taliban forced women to wear certain clothing when they were in power? It is hypocrisy.

Uthman
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Indeed. :exhausted

Another one: Quebec's veil ban will 'isolate' women

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!