/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones In The Musjid

Cursed Words
03-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Assalam
I am working on a islamic school project and I need help. I need a way to connect putting your cell phone to silent/vibrate in the musjid to "modesty"

Jazakallah for helping me out

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakknight1
04-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Sorry I dont understand what your asking ?

You want to put your phone on silent to a custom profile for a project?

islamirama
04-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

one of the definition of modesty is: Behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency

One is behaving in a manner that is very indecent when having their phone on in the masjid. you are in the house of Allah and as his guest you should show some respect and modesty and silence your phone and leave the duniya outside the masjid, unless you think you or your people on your phone are too important to put on vibrate and its ok to insult your host (Allah) and other guests of Allah by disturbing them with your ring ring...

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-10-2010, 06:48 AM
:sl:
Install a jammer (Mobile Phone Jammer) in the Mosque so that it can block all the EM waves and practically leave the phone with no network:shade:. However use of jammers in your country may be illegal:p, where I live, the use of jammers at religious places are legal.:hmm: Many mosques here use jammers also the mosque where I pray regularly,so that way we dont have to always remember to put my phone on silent mode or switch off...I just walk into the mosque and the network disappears.;D There's no problem in this unless you have an emergency and need to call an Ambulance or 911/999 whatever it may be.;D;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Some restrooms in officers have jammers to prevent workers from talking there . The same can be installed at the Mosque to prevent the phones from ringing

ardianto
04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Is sign "Turn off your cellphone, please" not enough ?.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-10-2010, 01:42 PM
^ No, the sign does not help most of the times and some people somehow manage to enter the mosque overlooking the sign and eventually keeping the phone switched on and on ringing profile. To avoid the disturbance to the fellow brothers in mosque one should develop a habit of atleast changing to silent or vibrate profile. The idea of jammers is flawless if people forget to change the profile which often happens and forcefully block the network in the building if your jurisdiction permits.

M.B
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM

theres a mosque in our city that if a persons mobile phone rings in the masjid they have to pay 5 pounds every time it rings it was a really good idea but sometimeswhen they r told to pay the money they would refuse and even worse sometimes they would stat to fight with the committee of the masjid this is really funny sometime!!!! ;D

when they r told to turn off their mobile phones in the masjids they still dnt listen and this makes alot of people angry.:raging:

:w:

GuCcI
04-13-2010, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Nope, either people never notice it, or simply ignore it, or see it and end up honestly forgetting to turn it off. I've never heard of a jammer before though.

Worst is when cell phones ring to the tune of 50 cents rap songs in the middle of salah >.<

ardianto
04-13-2010, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
Nope, either people never notice it, or simply ignore it, or see it and end up honestly forgetting to turn it off. I've never heard of a jammer before though.

Worst is when cell phones ring to the tune of 50 cents rap songs in the middle of salah >.<
What's Indonesian imam say before salah ?.

"Turn off your cellphones !"

:D

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Yes, some Imams say, "switch off your mobiles, keep your trousers above your ankles, keep the row straight and keep shoulder to shoulder and feet to feet". But what if a man quickly comes in the second or third rakah and forgets to switch off his mobile, only because he hurriedly came and joined the congregation so as to not miss any more rakahs...:p

Beardo
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Perhaps it is enough in dreamland, but no, not in real life.

Donia
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

one of the definition of modesty is: Behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency

One is behaving in a manner that is very indecent when having their phone on in the masjid. you are in the house of Allah and as his guest you should show some respect and modesty and silence your phone and leave the duniya outside the masjid, unless you think you or your people on your phone are too important to put on vibrate and its ok to insult your host (Allah) and other guests of Allah by disturbing them with your ring ring...

I think I understood the question the same way as islamirama.

I agree that behavior is a way to portray modesty.
I just wanted to add that often in masjid, the imam may be giving a khutbah or lecture and it's pretty rude to have your phone go off in the middle of it.

Cabdullahi
07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
"keep modest by putting your phone on silent or even better off it!""

something like that ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!