/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moscow Metro Hit By Deadly Suicide Bombings

Supreme
03-29-2010, 03:25 PM
At least 38 people have been killed after two female suicide bombers blew themselves up on Moscow Metro trains in the morning rush hour, officials say.

Twenty-four died in the first blast at 0756 (0356 GMT) as a train stood at the central Lubyanka station, beneath the offices of the FSB intelligence agency.

About 40 minutes later, a second explosion ripped through a train at Park Kultury, leaving another 14 dead.

The FSB said it was likely a group from the North Caucasus was responsible.

The BBC's Richard Galpin in Moscow says no group has yet said it carried out the attacks, but past suicide bombings in the capital have been carried out by or blamed on Islamist rebels fighting for independence in Chechnya.

In February, Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov said "the zone of military operations will be extended to the territory of Russia... the war is coming to their cities".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8592190.stm

Well, the Russians couldn't think that their oppression of Chechnya could go on without any major attacks on Russian soil, although I utterly condemn these brutal and murderous attacks on Russian civilians.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
This time it doesn't look like inside job, at least it seems like that. Personally, Russia, our big neighbour is a big mistery for me.

Amadeus85
03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Some Chechen guerilla just admit that it was their job.

Yusuf Saeed
03-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Occupation breeds terrorism.

Chechnya in that sense is no different from Iraq and Afghanistan.
People who feel they are occupied by some force a lot powerful than theirs turn to terrorism against the occupier, regardless of their religious or cultural background.

(Not that I support such attacks as suicide and killings of innocent people is strictly forbidden in Islam.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
03-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Yep Dokka Umarov from chechnyan mujahideen admitted he was behind them, he justifies them saying that FSB had been killing local civilians and making mockery of their bodies

Islamically its unjustified and forbidden, but then again you can understand it wasn't for no reason.

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/cont...31/11760.shtml

marwen
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm not yet sure these attacks were from an islamic side (though I think they are).
As muslims we totally disagree with this type of attacks on innocent civilians whatever was the reason.
We cannot give any justification for such acts. But we can give an explanation of the causes that led to these events: the occupation and aggression by the russian government, with the few defensive capacities of chechnyan militants pushes them to use inappropriate methods to make pressure on the russian government.
But as I said, these methods do not represent the correct islamic way of dealing with enemies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!