/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a kaafir

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
:sl:

I am in deep trouble. My faith in Allah (swt) is on shaky grounds. I am a born Muslim and was very practicing in the past. But some depressive experiences with myself and on my family and the humans around me forced me to question whether Allah really cared for me or for us .... I momentarily felt that there is no one to hear me ...

I am feeling more depressed, I cannot imagine living a life without faith ... It is so empty ... my whole existence becomes useless ... I love Allah but I have been led astray by my mind and my heart has become silent in response to the tyranny of the questions with no answers revolving in my mind ...

I just got to hear that a certain family member has passed away. needless to say, I am depressed and wondering why?? then one of my parents was supposed to go to see a doc yesterday, they didnt, I was out of town and came today and am pissed that why they didnt go because I care about their health. So i asked them why didnt you go, they replied "Allah will take care of me ... " to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you .... my parents are shocked at this statement of mine and so am I ....

I need Allah back in my life .... plz help me ...
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
:salamext:

The Prophet :saws1: said, '...When Allaah loves a people He tests them...' [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. ]

And Allah (swt) said:

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَن تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِكُم مَّثَلُ الَّذِينَ خَلَوْا مِن قَبْلِكُم ۖ مَّسَّتْهُمُ الْبَأْسَاءُ وَالضَّرَّاءُوَزُلْزِلُوا حَتَّىٰ يَقُولَ الرَّسُولُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ مَتَىٰ نَصْرُ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ

"Or you think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty, ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who had faith with him said, ‘When will the Help of Allah come?’. Yes! Indeed Allah’s help is close!" (al-Baqarah 2:214)

View more here http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...alamities.html

Alpha Dude
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Broter/sister, this is something I have written on a similar type of issue. Please read it.

Hardships are a necessity. We have to look at things that happen to us in this world in the most basic sense of it being a test and all we must concentrate on is passing this test. Don't try to fight it and assume you are entitled to having all good things happen to you cos you pray and do what Allah has asked.

cat eyes
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
just remember that you are a traveler in this dunya. tests will come of course but you have to bear them. this dunya is temporary and is not meant to be an enjoyment for the believer but jannah is forever. if only we knew what jannah is like, we'd probably chop off our own arm for it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint begum
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Please read this Inshaa Allaah. :)

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12315/shaytaan

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2010, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
just remember that you are a traveler in this dunya. tests will come of course but you have to bear them. this dunya is temporary and is not meant to be an enjoyment for the believer but jannah is forever. if only we knew what jannah is like, we'd probably chop off our own arm for it
we all know that we humans work hard for those goals whose reward is tangible and we have experience of how it feels. Dont you think it would be more just if we had seen Jannah with our own eyes and then were put in this filthy test of life? Surely then we would have worked hard to go to Jannah ...

plz Allah ... remove my doubts

bint begum
03-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Also, try to get hold of this book. Wallaah, it's very good. :)

http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/...zaan-book.html

May Allaah make things easy for you.

bint begum
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
we all know that we humans work hard for those goals whose reward is tangible and we have experience of how it feels. Dont you think it would be more just if we had seen Jannah with our own eyes and then were put in this filthy test of life? Surely then we would have worked hard to go to Jannah ...

The Prophet :saws: and the Sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) went through a lot more than any of us.

Allaah says:
1. Alif Laam Meem.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'aan, and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]
2. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.
3. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test).
4. Or those who do evil deeds think that they can outstrip Us (i.e. escape Our Punishment)? Evil is that which they judge!
5. Whoever hopes for the Meeting with Allaah, then Allaah's Term is surely coming. and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

And don't worry, it's just whiswaas from the shayateen. And because you hate it sooo much, it shows a sign of your eemaan.

Dagless
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
So i asked them why didnt you go, they replied "Allah will take care of me ... " to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you
Can someone confirm this type of statement implies disbelief? Just because you think God won't do something, it doesn't mean you think God can't do something.

cat eyes
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM

this is where the belief is meant to come in, you would not need to see jannah if you believed in it. i would suggest you work your hardest on gaining knowledge imsad your iman is very weak. will keep you in you in my dua inshaAllah

Alpha Dude
03-30-2010, 08:38 PM

Brother or sister, Allah has proven his existence, through his creation, and has done so definitively. The matter is just that it takes a sincere heart to recognise and, more importantly, accept, the writing on the wall.

When Allah says in the Qur'an, "And from His signs is x, y, z.." "And in a, b, c there are signs...", all these created things are pointed to as signs of His existence and His majesty and they are defintive. It only takes sincere reflection upon them to reach that conclusion. Due to the fact that the matter is so plain, non-muslims have no excuse and are ****ed to Hell on count of their rejection.

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

"If We will, We can send down a (compelling) sign on them from heaven, so that they are forced to bow their necks before it (in humility)"

1. If God willed, He could, for example, write His Name on the surface of the heavens with stars or, as He caused Mount Sinai to tower above the Children of Israel to compel them to keep their covenant (2: 63), He could compel people to believe in some way. However, the signs He provides in creation and the lives of humankind, as well as through the Prophets, are perfectly sufficient for one who is not overcome by arrogance, wrongdoing, misjudgment, and carnal desires; if God were to provide a more obvious sign, this would mean negating human free will and nullifying the purpose of the tests we are put through.

God has endowed human beings with distinguishing faculties and honored us with free will. He has also created us with a disposition to believe and worship. Moreover, just as the whole universe and our physical composition provide multiple signs for the Existence and Unity of God, each human being has many experiences throughout his or her life that also give certainty to his or her conscience about this same, cardinal truth. In addition, God sent numerous Prophets throughout history, the character and life of each of whom, along with the many miracles God created at their hands, were an undeniable sign for the truth of the Message from God. In short, God opens all the doors to faith for human reason and conscience. However, He never compels human beings to believe, because this would be in contradiction to the dignity of free will. Unbelief arises not from there being a lack of sufficient signs, but rather from human arrogance, wrongdoing, misjudgment, an attachment to the world and worldly benefits, or carnal desires. This is clear in the history of many peoples who refused to believe, even when the miracle they asked their Prophet to perform had been shown to them, and who were subsequently destroyed as a result. (For example, see 7: 73–79.)
Source.

Also, keep in mind that the people of Musa Alaihe Salam, having seen directly the splitting of the sea, started going astray even while Musa Alaihe Salam was alive.

The people at the time of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him didn't even accept faith upon seeing the moon being split in front of their eyes.

If you keep wanting signs, you will always be doubtful and open yourself to unnecessary shaytanic whispers.

I say, even if you have an inkling of faith, you owe it to yourself to speak to Allah from your heart sincerely and ask his guidance, whilst submitting to his commandments as best you can. Drop any expectations that you should be given peace and happiness in this world. The whole point is that it is a test.

CosmicPathos
03-30-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Brother or sister, Allah has proven his existence, through his creation, and has done so definitively. The matter is just that it takes a sincere heart to recognise and, more importantly, accept, the writing on the wall.

When Allah says in the Qur'an, "And from His signs is x, y, z.." "And in a, b, c there are signs...", all these created things are pointed to as signs of His existence and His majesty and they are defintive. It only takes sincere reflection upon them to reach that conclusion. Due to the fact that the matter is so plain, non-muslims have no excuse and are ****ed to Hell on count of their rejection.

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

"If We will, We can send down a (compelling) sign on them from heaven, so that they are forced to bow their necks before it (in humility)"

Source.

Also, keep in mind that the people of Musa Alaihe Salam, having seen directly the splitting of the sea, started going astray even while Musa Alaihe Salam was alive.

The people at the time of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him didn't even accept faith upon seeing the moon being split in front of their eyes.

If you keep wanting signs, you will always be doubtful and open yourself to unnecessary shaytanic whispers.

I say, even if you have an inkling of faith, you owe it to yourself to speak to Allah from your heart sincerely and ask his guidance, whilst submitting to his commandments as best you can. Drop any expectations that you should be given peace and happiness in this world. The whole point is that it is a test.
interesting info.

To the OP: what specifically triggered your depression? Not achieving what you so desired?

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

Source.

I find it irrational when my parents said that "Allah will take care of me" without going to see a doc. Can a believer say so?

Insaanah
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I find it irrational when my parents said that "Allah will take care of me" without going to see a doc. Can a believer say so?
No. We have to take physical steps ourselves and then place our trust in Allah. You can't not take medicine and then expect to be cured.

Maryan0
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Just think of all the trials and tribulations that the prophet and the sahaba went through. The prophet and the sahaba were persecuted the prophets dearest uncles and protecters Hamza and Abu talib died one without accepting Islam and therefore dooming himself for eternity. His dearest wife and the mother of all his children except one also died. All his sons died etc. death is a part of life and doesnt discriminate we will all die. I know that may not be any consolation but we need to accept Allah's wisdom. If you feel like your losing faith based on what has happened to you, you need to remember that your not the only one and that like has been said before life is full of trials and everyone will be tested.
Salam

alcurad
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
أحسب الناس أن يتركوا أن يقولوا آمنا وهم لا يفتنون

sorry to hear of your relative's death, & your parents are over reacting, people grieve differently, and it can include having very strong negative emotions/actions. also, the sentiment they expressed is obviously an incorrect one, Allah made this world with rules, you can't stop eating and drinking and say: Allah will take care of me and will feed me himself..
what you're feeling is completely normal. and note, what happened cannot be undone, and we all die one day.

get on with life and don't look too much at the past.

Alpha Dude
03-30-2010, 09:10 PM
They can say that, provided they are taking positive action.

Saying that indicates the strength of their bond with Allah. They wholeheartedy believe that Allah is real and he helps people. You need to have conviction in belief too.

However, saying that, we also have to take all available means to help ourselves. We don't rely on Allah to solve everything for us while not doing anything about our problems.

There is a hadith about tying the camel which relates to this issue of tawakul Allah:

One day Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered, “I put my trust in Allah.” The Prophet then said, “Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah” (At-Tirmidhi).

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by awais
Deleted Post
Arrogant little brat, I am not an ex-Muslim. I love Allah, I just cannot establish a connection with Him and am being really whiny in front of Him.

@ rest: JazakAllah for your advice. I hope Allah forgives my sin of saying such statements and having such thoughts. I need to tell my parents to take actions for their health and not just 'leave it to Allah' without doing anything themselves.

alcurad
03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
^glad to hear that :)

islamirama
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I have experience in this if you want to PM and talk 1-on-1...

Hamza Asadullah
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM

I am in deep trouble. My faith in Allah (swt) is on shaky grounds. I am a born Muslim and was very practicing in the past. But some depressive experiences with myself and on my family and the humans around me forced me to question whether Allah really cared for me or for us .... I momentarily felt that there is no one to hear me ...

I am feeling more depressed, I cannot imagine living a life without faith ... It is so empty ... my whole existence becomes useless ... I love Allah but I have been led astray by my mind and my heart has become silent in response to the tyranny of the questions with no answers revolving in my mind ...

I just got to hear that a certain family member has passed away. needless to say, I am depressed and wondering why?? then one of my parents was supposed to go to see a doc yesterday, they didnt, I was out of town and came today and am pissed that why they didnt go because I care about their health. So i asked them why didnt you go, they replied "Allah will take care of me ... " to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you .... my parents are shocked at this statement of mine and so am I ....

I need Allah back in my life .... plz help me ...
:sl: how fortunate you are that Allah the most merciful and compassionate has lead you here so that you can realise that he loves you 70 times more than a mother loves its baby. Just because you have never heard him say so does it mean he does'nt?

He sustains you everyday and nourishes you. He clothes you and has given you wealth and luxurious life compared to most people in this world.

Look at what you have and look at others and you will realise how unappreciative you have become. If we were to count the favours of Allah we would be counting for ETERNITY!

It is your enemy Satan who is wanting to make you angry at the one who created you for he is you sworn enemy so will you listen to him over the one who has given you everything you can see, feel touch and hear?

You enemy Satan wants your destruction and he wants you to reject the favours of your lord. Will you listen to him over your sustainer and the one who clothes you and nourishes you?

"And Satan will say when the matter is decided: "It was Allah who gave you a promise of truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but you listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can you listen to mine." (Qur'an:14:22)

Allah wants you to return to him and be close to him and this is your opportunity for you are very lucky if only you knew.

Grab this opportunty and waste not a second more on listening to your sworn enemy who wants your destruction.

If Allah tests then he tests so that his slave can come closer to him. He tests to see if his slave will come closer to him or shaythan so will you go closer to your enemy Satan?

He only tests those who he wants closest to him so will you go further away from your lord?

He gives life and he gives death and we all have an appointed time where not even a second wil be pushed forward or backward. So do you question the fact that it was your relatives time to go? We must NEVER question Allah for taking his own creation back for he appoints us all with a fixed term which we are unaware of so will you waste a second more?

Repent to Allah and turn to him for he loves you more than you can ever comprehend. Turn to the one who has given you everything you can imagine and more. Turn to the one who will give you eternity of bliss for your little efforts in this world and then we claim he is unfair? Unfair is that we should make such little effort in this world for ETERNITY of bliss. How is that fair? 70 years of devotion = Eternity of Paradise. That equation is not fair for Allah is giving us so much more than we can EVER comprehend.

Therefore turn to Allah and you will find him most merciful. It's never too late as long as we have our souls in us and we have until our souls reach our throats to ask for forgiveness and Allah only gives the ability to repent to those of his slaves that he wants to forgive. So thank Allah abundantly and repent to him profusely and sincerely and you will find the gates of mercy open.

We are here for you so ask of us what you like and we will try our best to help you.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Here are some very beneficial articles for you:

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...man-faith.html

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...hip-check.html

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ser-allah.html

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday!

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

Please listen these very beneficial talks:

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 1/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX7ZQtHl0s

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 2/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_2sVGMW08

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 3/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmzA2hk1Bo

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - Death (The Destroyer of Pleasures) [part 4/4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km39GfL62TQ

Imam Anwar al-Awlaki - The Journey of the Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwHEXE3-n0

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
@ hamza: thank you for that reply. I realize how unappreciative I have become. The litany of questions will probably be never answered till judgment day ... the best we can do is submit :embarrass

جوري
03-31-2010, 12:52 AM
sob7an Allah as depressive as my own personal experiences have been I can't fathom the idea of becoming a kaffir.. sometimes I think may Allah swt doesn't love and can even pinpoint in my mind the reasons why as I am painfully aware of the sins I commit.. but how can one go into denying Allah simply because things aren't very honky dory?

kufr is to disbelieve in Allah swt and I really don't believe that you disbelieve in Allah swt but I can understand how ones faith waivers I suppose that is what distinguishes the faithful from the faithless.. don't be of the latter group.. it is Allah swt that giveth and he that taketh away.. everything in this life is fleeting and as br. Alpha stated in another thread must be tempered with the knowledge that we are merely traveling through this life and that it isn't the final abode.. pls. don't lose this life and the hereafter as well..

whenever I am down and I am down alot.. I like to read the story of the prophet Ayyub.

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...ayoub-job.html

there is something to be said of delegating all your affairs to Allah swt and taking it one day at a time.. sometimes that is all you can do..

may Allah swt ease your troubles and ours

ameen

:w:

tigerkhan
03-31-2010, 03:13 AM
what i got from ur post is,,,,,, u need some spiritual support to face the hardships of life,,,,, as life must have sorrow as well as happpiness.....so if u are not married,,,may be mary will be a solution to ur problem....these all feelings..... ur are depressed, tension and unhappy with ALLAH SWT are removed insh......bcz then a spiriual support of ur wife make these trouble bcz of which u feel much tense, easy for u...
May ALLAH SWT makes things easy for u....ALLAH SWT never do wrong with any1 but its we human, we go worng with ourself..... see just for a monthly salary how much we obey our boss, but ALLAH SWT Who has much nehma and rewards on us, but we dont obey HIM.....only we...no1 on earth can disobey Him but we human,,,,so make dua, istaghfar and seek guidance from HIM and be in contact with some AALIM if near u.....insh all will be ok.
JZK

Innocent Soul
03-31-2010, 03:17 AM
Assalamualaikum
Say them that Allah will take care of them but Allah has made some essential things to keep them healthy.If they feel unhealthy then they should pray two rakahs and go to the doctor.

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The similitude of guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like a rain which has fallen on some ground. A fertile part of earth has absorbed water and brought forth much grass and herbs. Another part, which is solid, held the water and Allah benefits men thereby, who drank and gave others to drink, and used it for irrigation. But some of it has fallen on a portion of sandy land which neither retains the water nor produces herbage. Such is the likeness of the man who understands the religion of Allah and who gets benefit of what Allah has sent me with; he learns and teaches others. It is also the likeness of the man who neither raises his head on that account (meaning he does not benefit from what the Prophet (PBUH) was sent with) nor accepts Allahs Guidance with which I am sent".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you ...
Everyone has to die it does not mean Allah does not care for anyone who dies.Allah does everything good. Everything has a positive side try to see that side instead of negative.Allah is with everyone.

MuslimAgorist
03-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Salamualaikum,

I didn't read the whole thread, I only read your first post. I am a convert and used to be pagan. I know quite a bit about depression, grieving and crises of faith. If you'd like to discuss your issues with a sympathetic ear please Email me. TheMuslimAgorist@Gmail.com.

May Allah make it easy for you.

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2010, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
sob7an Allah as depressive as my own personal experiences have been I can't fathom the idea of becoming a kaffir.. sometimes I think may Allah swt doesn't love and can even pinpoint in my mind the reasons why as I am painfully aware of the sins I commit.. but how can one go into denying Allah simply because things aren't very honky dory?

kufr is to disbelieve in Allah swt and I really don't believe that you disbelieve in Allah swt but I can understand how ones faith waivers I suppose that is what distinguishes the faithful from the faithless.. don't be of the latter group.. it is Allah swt that giveth and he that taketh away.. everything in this life is fleeting and as br. Alpha stated in another thread must be tempered with the knowledge that we are merely traveling through this life and that it isn't the final abode.. pls. don't lose this life and the hereafter as well..

whenever I am down and I am down alot.. I like to read the story of the prophet Ayyub.

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...ayoub-job.html

there is something to be said of delegating all your affairs to Allah swt and taking it one day at a time.. sometimes that is all you can do..

may Allah swt ease your troubles and ours

ameen

:w:
that is a very sweet and sincere reply. thank you sister.

Thanks to other Muslims too for supporting me. May Allah make my faith stronger. ameen.

Hamza Asadullah
03-31-2010, 02:33 PM
@ hamza: thank you for that reply. I realize how unappreciative I have become. The litany of questions will probably be never answered till judgment day ... the best we can do is submit :embarrass
:sl: whatever Allah has told us in the Qur'an and the Prophet (Pbuh) in the hadith then that is all we are meant to know. Everything else will be revealed to us on the day of judgement. There is no point thinking of things that are beyond our thinking. Allah created our minds with certain limits. We are only meant to see, hear, touch and feel what he has ordained us to see, hear, touch and feel. It is shaythan who is trying to confuse your mind by making you think of things that you will never get answers to. Therefore we should only concentrate on what really matters to us and that is making the best use of every second we have because ANY second our life could be over.

We are all so unnappreciative and we don't realise how much Allah has given us. If only we knew the favours he has given us we would fall to prostration 24 hours a day.

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]

"And He gives you all that you ask for. But if you count the favors of Allah, never will you be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude." [Qur'an 14:34]

But what we don't realise is that Allah will give more to the unnappreciative.

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

How easy is it to thank Allah? It is so light on the tongue yet SO heavy on the scales!

Therefore let us thank Allah abundantley for the favours he has given us for we will NEVER be able to even comprehend any of the favours that Allah has given us. So thank Allah day and night and know that he gives more to those who are thankful!

In regards to your parents treat them the best as we only have one set of parents in our lives and they are the means of such great reward for us if we treat them the best and if we treat them the worst then we will be the losers in this life and the next and our children will treat us the same way we treat our children. Therefore treat your parents how you would want your children to treat you.

Explain to your parents in a loving and gentle manner that Rasulallah (Pbuh) has told us to take medicine and get treatment and then make dua. We have to "tie the camel" and at the same time make prayer to Allah. Inform them the best way you can and be there for them and support them always. Look after them and do as much as you can for them and your children will also do the same for you inshallah.

This is the beginning of a new start for you. Thank Allah he has helped you through this ordeal and given you the right perspective to have in life. Go towwards Allah now and waste not a second more for time is too precious to waste and your enemy Satan has wasted enough of your time so let him not a waste a second more.

Please use the links i sent you and hope you benefit from them. Please make dua for us as well and if you have anything else you want to ask for then never hesitate to ask.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Don’t think 'kaafir' because when you think of something, eventually it evolves into a thought that you are convinced of (so in this case, you would be basically deceiving and convincing yourself of something that isn't).

instead change these thoughts to “atm, im a bad Muslim, my imam just needs some improving, and i going to put every effort i can into making myself a better person”

make your *inner* resolve strong so that your outward actions are also strong. and don’t let your nafs/thoughts wavier and deviate from your intended goal (overall jannah, but for now, changing your negative thoughts into positive and practical ones).

you cant let yourself accept these demanding and iman draining thoughts...no matter how hard it is, just try your best to fight them off. take up a hobby/preoccupy yourself...sometimes that helps to. but best way to fight these, is to seek knowledge, namely about the hereafter because that way, your life/death, goals, etc are put into perspective.

try find what the source of this weakness is, and rectify it. what is it you feel is making you think like this? think hard and try remove it from your life.

if you dont pray, then start praying if you hang around bad people, join a new crowd, etc.

best thing to do to counter-act these thoughts, is make dua to Allah to soften your heart and guide you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!