/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kuwait wife sentenced to death for fatal wedding fire

CosmicPathos
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
And I thought second marriage is allowed in Islam? This woman killed 57 innocent people just because her husband was taking another wife, an Islamically allowable act?

A court in Kuwait has sentenced a 23-year-old woman to death for starting a fire at wedding celebrations in which her husband was taking a second wife.
Some 57 women and children were killed in the incident in al-Jahra in August, making it one of the worst civilian disasters in Kuwait's modern history.
The judge found the woman, Nasra Yussef Mohammed al-Enezi, guilty of premeditated murder.
She denied the charges and her lawyers say they will appeal.
Death sentences in Kuwait are carried out by hanging.
Enezi, who was not present in court for the verdict, was found guilty of "premeditated murder and starting a fire with the intent to kill".
Press reports at the time of the blaze said she had wanted to avenge her husband's "bad treatment" of her, but in court she denied any involvement in the incident.
The victims were all women and children because wedding celebrations are traditionally segregated along gender lines.
Ninety guests were injured in the blaze and the ensuing stampede to get out of the tent, which only had one exit.
Kuwait banned wedding tents after the incident.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8595173.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
A punishment well deserved. How moron and stupid can you be to go kill people out of jealously. if you don't want a co wife that badly than go get a fricken divorce or have the brains to put it in your prenup agreement. Some women can be so stupid and some even go out of fold of Islam for their views of something Allah has allowed and gave permission for already.

aadil77
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Islamically what is the punishment for murder? Can it be death through any method or does it have to be hanging or stoning etc?

Maryan0
03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
I hope it's been proven 100% that she was behind the blaze...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
A punishment well deserved. How moron and stupid can you be to go kill people out of jealously. if you don't want a co wife that badly than go get a fricken divorce or have the brains to put it in your prenup agreement. Some women can be so stupid and some even go out of fold of Islam for their views of something Allah has allowed and gave permission for already.
I understand that being a co-wife can be emotionally damaging to some women but subhanAllah, 57 lives (including small children) were taken just because of one's ego ... :omg:

islamirama
03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Stoning is for an adulterer so they can feel the pain one very part of their body as they felt pleasure, a befitting and sin cleansing punishment. As for other death sentences, I personally have not come across any specific method. i would assume beheading as the norm seeing how swords were readily available. Hanging seems more like the old wild west idea of killing.

جوري
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
oh my God, divorce is always an option.

la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah.. children too? children shouldn't attend weddings!

Danah
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
This is an old issue that I saw in the TV few months ago when it happened, but it seems that the court decision was just made recently. it was very sad to see the victims of that wedding and their belongingness scattered in the street in the place of the wedding.

I read that time that the man divorced his wife and she wanted to take revenge thats why she did what she did!!

pure stupidness and madness!!

ardianto
03-31-2010, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
And I thought second marriage is allowed in Islam? This woman killed 57 innocent people just because her husband was taking another wife, an Islamically allowable act?

A court in Kuwait has sentenced a 23-year-old woman to death for starting a fire at wedding celebrations in which her husband was taking a second wife.
Her husband ?.

In other article I read that man was her ex-husband, she has divorced before this case happened.

Danah
03-31-2010, 06:35 AM
^ true, this is what a kwaiti TV channel said, she got divorced before he got married

Supreme
03-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow. How insane. 57 people died... that's just horrendous, by any measure.

CosmicPathos
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ true, this is what a kwaiti TV channel said, she got divorced before he got married
ooh so she wasnt even wife anymore .... +o(

Danah
03-31-2010, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
ooh so she wasnt even wife anymore .... +o(
yeah....that was the worst part of the story!! +o(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!