/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bad dreams

muslimgirl12
03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Salaam

Ever since coming back from Umrah i have been adking for forgiveness - i have also been asking Allah SWT to give me dreams which tell me i am going on the right path - i have asked 3 times in my prayers and all three times i have had bad dreams - (eg one dream was i was going in the wrong direction on the way home from work) other one was a plane crash -
Do these dreams mean anything? Im really scared as i do not know what im doing wrong, i pray 5 times a day - do Zikhar, try to be the best possible muslim - trying my best to give up music
- does it mean Allah is not pleased with me??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimgirl12
03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
salaam -

I have recently been to do umrah and now trying to be the best possible muslim - i try my best to pray 5 times a day and ask for forgiveness - i have also asked Allah SWT to give me a dream if i am on the right path - i have asked 3 times and all three times i have had bad dreams - do these bad dreams mean anything

one dream was that o was going the wrong way when coming back from work to go home - another one was a plane crash

can anyone help?? i dont know what im doing wrong

Alpha Dude
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Sister, dreams are from 3 places in Islam: from Allah as a glad tiding, from shaytan or from our own subconscious. If it's a bad dream, assume its source is either of the last, seek refuge in Allah (Aodhu bi-llahi min ash-shaytanir-rajim), dry spit on the left and forget about it.

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad or evil dream is from Satan; so if anyone of you has a bad dream of which he gets afraid, he should spit on his left side and should seek Refuge with Allah from its evil, for then it will not harm him." (Sahih al-Bukhari: volume 4, book 54, number 513)
Another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't disclose your bad dreams to anybody and only tell your good dreams to those people that you trust.

In light of the above, I wouldn't assign too much importance to the dreams you mentioned. Allah knows best.

Also, instead of making a dua where you ask Allah to give you a dream if you are on the right path, I think it would be better if you just asked Allah to keep you on the right path and guided at all times.

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
salaam -

I have recently been to do umrah and now trying to be the best possible muslim - i try my best to pray 5 times a day and ask for forgiveness - i have also asked Allah SWT to give me a dream if i am on the right path - i have asked 3 times and all three times i have had bad dreams - do these bad dreams mean anything

one dream was that o was going the wrong way when coming back from work to go home - another one was a plane crash

I have been having very bad vivid dreams latley and could do with knowing what this means also.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimgirl12
03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Thankyou so much, you have really helped me and put my mind at ease -

Allah Knows Best

Salaam

Hamza Asadullah
03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
salaam -

:sl: you should always go to bed with Wudhu and make dua and spittle on your hands and read the last 3 Qul's and also read Ayatul Kursi. Read Tasbih e Fatima(Subhanallah 33 times, Alhamdulillah 33 times, Allahu Akbar 34 times) and go to sleep thinking of Allah and his greatness making intention of sleeping for the pleasure of Allah to gain strength for his worship.

If you get a bad dream then it is from Shaytaan. You should ignore them and not tell others. When you see such dreams and wake up, spit lightly in that direction and recite, 'Laa hawla walaa quwwata illaa billaah .'

Change your direction and sleep. This advice was given by Rasulullah
(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) to a Sahaabi (Radhiallaahu Anhu) who used to
get evil dreams.

and Allah Knows Best in all matters

:wa:

Donia
04-01-2010, 04:02 AM
:sl: sister,

I do not think your dreams mean that Allah is not pleased with you.

The dream about you taking the wrong way home from work could have been your sub-conscious mind at work. You are obviously concerned about that. Do you think about it as you're preparing to go to sleep?

I was once told that bad dreams are from the shaythan.
I would recommend saying Surah al-Kursi before going to bed.
Try to think of Allah as you are laying down. Maybe say some dhikr. Think positive thoughts insha'Allah.

I hope that helped a little bit insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!