/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims don't like me?

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I'm new to the forums and one of the reasons I joined was because I have problems with connecting with muslims.

Ever since I was young the majority of my friends were non-muslim. I thought as I grew older I would out grow this and make friends with Muslims as we would have more in common.

Unfortunately this hasn't happen. After school I took a couple of years out for personal reasons and couldn't go out. Now I've started university but I have the same problem, most of my friends are non-muslim and the muslims I am friends with have their own groups they hang out with.

Anyone have similar experiences? or have good advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
03-31-2010, 05:37 PM
What prevents you from connecting with the muslims? You have to understand that people are not very welcoming towards a third person-especially in a group.

جوري
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
yeah it happens to lots of people, you just haven't found your niche with some crowd but it doesn't mean you should stop seeking or making new friends insha'Allah..

look how well you connected with us here =)

:w:

Alpha Dude
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

You could check out your uni's Islamic society/MSA and turn up at the talks, events. It's a good way to meet other muslims whilst studying.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
If you are praticing then it is easy to make friends in the prayer room at uni. It works great also when you're stuck on work cos you meet brothers from the years above you and they give you tips and sometimes their old work. But you should not go there solely for the purpose of making friends.

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 06:08 PM
I have friends who are muslims but they are not the group I hang around with. Plus at uni most of the people are younger which makes it even harder.

marwen
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you sure they don't like you ? why don't you try to ask them what is the problem. Or may be they have the same feeling about you, and if you try to introduce yourself to them first they will feel more comfortable with you. That's not a muslims' problem, it happens to me with any group I met.

Hamza Asadullah
03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Se7ene
Assalamu alaikum,

I'm new to the forums and one of the reasons I joined was because I have problems with connecting with muslims.

Ever since I was young the majority of my friends were non-muslim. I thought as I grew older I would out grow this and make friends with Muslims as we would have more in common.

Unfortunately this hasn't happen. After school I took a couple of years out for personal reasons and couldn't go out. Now I've started university but I have the same problem, most of my friends are non-muslim and the muslims I am friends with have their own groups they hang out with.

:sl: it is very important that you stick with good and pious sisters and keep good company. Shaythan knows that in order to weaken your imaan that he will try to keep you away from keeping company with good and pious sisters. You must not lose hope and think that you will never be able to be-friend good Muslim sisters.

You should Join the Universities Islamic society for sisters and get involved with the group in activities, halaqa's etc and you will definatley find good and pious sisters who you can get involved with and be-friend.

We are who our friends are and your friends influence will eventually rub on on you that is why it is incumbant that you do not get too close to non Muslims as they have different morals and purposes in life and they have a different perspective and outlook to. They may talk about guys and other haraam things and gradually you may get influenced by this.

So it is important that you distant yourself from non Muslim and non practising sisters and involve yourself with and get close to practising and pious sisters who are working for the hereafter.

By joining the sisters Islamic group and involving yourself in their activities you will definatley meet good sisters so do not let shaythan let you lose hope for he is not wanting you to find pious company becauyse it would be MUCH harder for him to influence you in an evil way.

Have hope my sister and ask of Allah to give you good and pious company.

May Allah give us all good and pios company that will be a good influence on us and benefit us in this world and the next. Ameen

:wa:

ali-imran
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Se7ene
Assalamu alaikum,

I have a similar problem, I use to have lots of friends who were muslims, and grew up with them.... after a few started going off the rail....I removed myself from that circle and now only say hello to if passing in the streets.....

I am left with no friends at all....as the non muslim friends I did make were not strengthned for that reason.....

I went to uni and stuff and occupied myself with work etc.....after facing redundancy...I see that I dont have any freinds at all...it's hard to make new muslim/non muslim friends as they seem to all have thier groups....and I feel like I am intruding somehwhatimsad

makes me sad, to spend so much time alone, everywhere I go I am alone, except for family.

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 10:18 PM
go to islamic events and mingle don't feel shy to give salaam to the brother praying next 2 you. Or any brother. Sometimes we feel shy to give salaam to brothers we don't know cos they might look at us strangely as if they don't know us.

But don't let this put you off, giving salaam is a good way to open conversation. And by doing this you are getting good deeds.

so give salaam to people and start talking to them and making friends with them.

Se7ene
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ali-imran

makes me sad, to spend so much time alone, everywhere I go I am alone, except for family.
You have friends here :statisfie

Life_Is_Short
03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Go up to a sister and say "hey we have hijab in common let's be friend".

Simple!

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
^that could also work for brothers "hey we have beards in common lets be friends"

Salahudeen
03-31-2010, 10:38 PM
It's not acceptable for any Muslim to feel isolated from the ummah :( I should make a lonely Muslim's club. Where people feel they need friends join to make new muslim friends.

of course only praticing people will be allowed to join.

Hamza Asadullah
03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ali-imran
I have a similar problem, I use to have lots of friends who were muslims, and grew up with them.... after a few started going off the rail....I removed myself from that circle and now only say hello to if passing in the streets.....

I am left with no friends at all....as the non muslim friends I did make were not strengthned for that reason.....

I went to uni and stuff and occupied myself with work etc.....after facing redundancy...I see that I dont have any freinds at all...it's hard to make new muslim/non muslim friends as they seem to all have thier groups....and I feel like I am intruding somehwhatimsad

:sl: it is better to just spend your time with family than friends who are a bad influence. Those who are a bad influence are not worthy of our precious time for their influence may rub off on us gradually.

The best friends are those that benefit one in this world and the next and the worst friend is he who does the opposite.

Involve yourself in your local Masjid. For those who have a close relationship with the Masjid have a close relationship with Allah. Involve yourself in the maintenance of the masjid and in helping out with whatever needs to be done.

Involve yourself in the Masjids talks, programmes and activities and eventually you will meet good and pious brothers who are working for the Akhirah.

Ask of Allah to give you good and pious company. Sit with scholars and the learned and learn from them.

Do not worry my brother just spend your time in the worship of Allah for time is so short and the days go by quick. Recite the Qur'an and learn knowledge of Islam. Invite others towards good and forbid evil. Be as close as possible to your mahram family members.

Be constant in the remembrance of Almighty Allah for Allah lives in the hearts of those who remember him constantly! So be-friend Allah!

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!