/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sky told to cut wholsesale prices by regulator Ofcom

Supreme
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8596083.stm

Regulator Ofcom has told Sky it must cut the price it charges rival cable, terrestrial and internet broadcasters to show its premium sports channels.

The broadcaster will have to sell Sky Sports 1 and 2 for up to 23% less than the current wholesale price.

The decision - part of the result of a three-year inquiry - aims to offer viewers more choice of pay-TV services.

Sky said it would appeal against the "unwarranted intervention", arguing it would be to the detriment of consumers.

"This is a marketplace where customers are well served with high levels of choice and innovation," Sky said.

"Consumers will not benefit if regulators blunt incentives to invest and take risks."
I agree with Ofcom on this one. Sky is too powerful when compared to its rivals. And it's also too expensive for me in terms of sport:p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
sky is way too expensive, I just watch all the matches online

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!