/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Truth

Steven John
04-01-2010, 07:50 AM
AoA,
some professing to be in Islam tell me they are allowed to lie.

I do not have good memory for surahs in the Quran.

I have read one where as i understood Allah shows He is most forgiving and under some circumstances for give us if we lie and repent.

Would some one be able to suggest the some surah that i maybe think of so i can read again.

May Allah bless and guide you and yours

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Steven John
04-19-2010, 01:27 AM
AoA,
still have not found the surah i was looking for but some Christians have shared with me their guidance about honesty in Islam. They have also shared with me bible narrations about the importance of truth and how Allah is most forgiving.
May Allah bless with abundance those who help others find the truth.

islamirama
04-19-2010, 02:21 AM
wa'salaams

Being truthful means speaking the truth and also saying things that reflect reality.

Being truthful is one of the necessities of a human society, one of the virtues of human behaviour, and brings great benefits, whilst lying is one of the major elements of corruption in human society, and the cause of the destruction of social structure and ties, one of the most evil features of bad conduct, and causes widespread harm. Hence Islam commanded truthfulness and forbade lying.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Be afraid of Allaah, and be with those who are true (in word and deeds).” [al-Tawbah 9:119]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said (2/414): “It means: be truthful and adhere to truthfulness, and you will be among its people and will be saved from calamity, and this will make a way out for you from your problems.”

more @ http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2424
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)” [al-Tawbah 9:119]. In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man will continue to be truthful and seek to speak the truth until he is recorded with Allaah as speaker of truth (siddeeq). And beware of lying, for lying leads to immorality and immorality leads to Hell; a man will continue to tell lies until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” And it was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood also said: Lying is not appropriate whether in earnest or in jest. Recite if you wish (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)” [al-Tawbah 9:119]. Then he said: Do you find any concession allowing that to anyone?

But there are some instances in which Islam permits lying, if that serves a greater purpose or wards off a greater harm:

These cases include the following:
1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.
2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.
3- War.

More @ http://islamqa.com/en/ref/47564

Steven John
04-19-2010, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
wa'salaams

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)” [al-Tawbah 9:119]. In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man will continue to be truthful and seek to speak the truth until he is recorded with Allaah as speaker of truth (siddeeq). And beware of lying, for lying leads to immorality and immorality leads to Hell; a man will continue to tell lies until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” And it was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood also said: Lying is not appropriate whether in earnest or in jest. Recite if you wish (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)” [al-Tawbah 9:119]. Then he said: Do you find any concession allowing that to anyone?

But there are some instances in which Islam permits lying, if that serves a greater purpose or wards off a greater harm:

These cases include the following:
1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.
2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.
3- War.

More @ http://islamqa.com/en/ref/47564
AoA
may Allah bless you for helping me.
You have offered some beauty in the quotes you have shared.

I have checked out the link are there more Surahs that support the three situations you offer. May Allah bless you for His goodness in your helping me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
04-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

glad to be help bro, may Allah guide us and bless us all!

ayesha.ansari
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
No Muslims are not allowed to tell lie. But yes if they do and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH, He forgive them. ALLAH is very kind and noble.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!