/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hair Straightening for Men?

AnonymousPoster
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I've been discussing this with my friends and some say it's haraam and others say it's not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-03-2010, 02:34 AM
:sl:
no offense, but isn't that just getting a little effeminate :hmm:

Beardo
04-03-2010, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
no offense, but isn't that just getting a little effeminate :hmm:
I was sort of thinking the same thing... :ermm:

Tell him to wear a Kufi on his head. Problem solved. :p

Well, I don't really know much about this. But if it really is that bad, there are some good conditioners and hair lotion for men which keep the hair straight and calm.

Dagless
04-03-2010, 03:27 AM
What are the reasons they give when they say its haram?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
04-03-2010, 04:12 AM
I dont see how this is effeminate? Just like how the pink color is not representative of girlish behavior, how is straightening curly hair by men an effeminate behavior?

From what I know, if your intention to straighten your hair is to beautify it further by altering Allah's creation then it is haram. But if the desire is to correct the defect/ugliness of your curly hair or if it creates problems then inshAllah there is no sin. You can find the fatwa regarding this on islamqa.

Hamza Asadullah
04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I've been discussing this with my friends and some say it's haraam and others say it's not?

According to Mufti Ebrahim Desai

It is permissible for males to use hair strighteners to strighten their
hair.

However one should not to do hairstyles which imitate kufaar or women

And Allah knows best in all matters

ardianto
04-05-2010, 06:05 AM

Maybe this is out of topic, but please let me ask a question "How about hair straightening for women ?".

Several months ago some scholars in Indonesia issued a fatwa that forbids hair straightening for girls (not for married women).

This fatwa became a controversy because :
- This fatwa forbids hair straightening for girls but allows hair straightening for married women.
- Main reason behind this fatwa is ......, girls who straightening their hair must be will show their hairs for attract men. There is prejudice in this fatwa.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!