/* */

PDA

View Full Version : WBC- the most controversial church in the world!

Supreme
04-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Westboro Baptist Church is perhaps the most controversial church in the world. With it's active spewal of hatred against gays, Catholics, Jews, other Protestant Christians who 'agree' with homosexuality, one might be under the deception that this church was some of militant, far right wing party and anything but a Christian religious foundation. I've known about these guys for while now, but only recently did I stumble across their inane anti Catholic website, priestsrapeboys.com. Thoughts? Is this the sort of stereotpye Muslims think of when they think of Christians?

The WBC claims that Orthodox Christians are indistinguishable from Roman Catholics. The WBC criticizes the Eastern Orthodox Church's use of icons, claiming that they constitute idolatry. The WBC also criticizes veneration of the Virgin Mary, the Theotokos, saying, “There is no scripture that supports bowing down to kiss images . . . or praying to Mary! She was a human being, who God predestinated to bring forth the Lord Jesus Christ, and to raise him."
Westboro claims that the Roman Catholic Church is a "fag" church and that a third of Catholic priests are active homosexuals, seducing helpless children and women; Westboro Baptist refers to priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims. In addition, WBC calls Pope Benedict XVI such epithets as "The Godfather of Pedophiles" and "Pervert Pope". In April 2008 the WBC protested Pope Benedict XVI during a papal visit in New York City.

WBC member protesting Pope Benedict XVI outside the United Nations in New York City (2008).The WBC launched a website called Priests Rape Boys in which they criticize the Roman Catholic Church because of the Catholic sex abuse scandal, saying, “Every time any person gives any amount of money to the Catholic Church, that person is paying the salary of pedophile rapists.”[48]

The WBC describes the Roman Catholic Church as, “the largest, most well-funded and organized pedophile group in the history of man” [49] and goes on to say that, “There are over 1 billion Catholics in the world—that's one out of every six people alive today—and every single one of them will split Hell wide open when they die—period. And there is nothing they can do about it.”[
The WBC maintains a God Hates India website where they state that "80% of India’s population claim to practice Hinduism . . . A country full of idolatry inevitably results in a nation full of fags and fag-enablers, because that’s what happens when you depart from the Living God!"[54]

The WBC then admonishes Hindus to convert to Christianity saying: "If you would STOP worshipping false gods, being a fag would not be a complex matter. Stop going a whoring after other gods and start serving the Living God in truth![

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
04-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I think Elton John should do a free concert directly across the street from their church.

Supreme
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I think Elton John should do a free concert directly across the street from their church.
Honestly, I think they're hilarious as they are. I've been checking out Youtube videos of their pastor. Apparantly, loving thy neighbour is equivalent to telling them God hates them, God will kill fags and that the WBC are the only church on the planet that teaches the 'true' Christianity!

This video made me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maeNk2itmMk

Just... genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW0Jj...eature=related

'... the old fat, false prophet Jerry Falwell died and entered Hell.'

Hilarious.;D

Amadeus85
04-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't use word "church" so freely.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
04-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Greetings,

They are truly extraordinary. It's amazing how so many groups interpret the message of Christianity in wildly different ways.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!