/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photography Ideas?

-Elle-
04-02-2010, 12:55 AM
:sl:

I am currently taking a chemical photography course, and the shots are taken in black and white...

I have fiiiinally been assigned the task to take ANY pictures I want!:) (usually, we have themes and subjects which we must follow)..

So, any ideas? I want really unique pictures, Islamic ones would be nice! I develop the picture myself (a real pain) and therefore could keep and develop anything I want, so Islamic pictures would be really great...but I also want a bit of everything. I love nature shots but I can't think of anything really unique which I haven't already shot (mountains,lake, willow tree,etc...)

Here's a few ideas I've thought of or received from others;

Qur'an with a rose
Qur'an with prayer beads
People leaving the Mosque

that's it:hmm:

Any imput will be much appreciated...Jazak'Allah Kheir!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
04-02-2010, 01:34 AM
A picture of the mosque when it's time for Maghrib. That would look nice.:statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
04-02-2010, 06:56 AM
:sl:
people entering the mosque at jumuah time?

i dont know when this is due, but what about the crescent moon during Ramadan.

the sun/sky when the time for prayer enters...the night is usually more beautiful to take photos of.

someone praying/bowing/prostrating.

i was about to suggest the imam at the minbar, but figures that would be too weird :hiding:

ardianto
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
That would be Islamic? :ermm:
Why you think that's not Islamic ?.

They leave Masjid, not leave Islam. They must do their daily activities, and they will back to Masjid when the next prayer time has comes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
04-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Sis what about a mosque at night with some spotted lights on it....I see this view very inspirational.

I dunno, may be you get some ideas of those two pictures I took a while ago, they are not that great but anyways:

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...otoid=74806960

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...otoid=68333098

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i was about to suggest the imam at the minbar, but figures that would be too weird :hiding:
lol, I wonder how the imam will feel to be photographed in such position :exhausted

CosmicPathos
04-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Quran with beads and rose is a cliche. Explore new grounds.

ardianto
04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Don't forget, sister houda takes photo in Black & White, not in full color.

format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

I am currently taking a chemical photography course, and the shots are taken in black and white...

Danah
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
^ Oh! when she said that she has finally been assigned the task to take ANY pictures she wants I thought that she can get colored now.

Khair inshaAllah

ardianto
04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ Oh! when she said that she has finally been assigned the task to take ANY pictures she wants I thought that she can get colored now.

Khair inshaAllah
Ops, I didn't notice that. Yes, maybe sister houda can take color picture now.

Jazak Allah Khair, sister Danah.

:)

Raaina
04-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I think someone said already, taking a picture of someone praying. When I was on holiday, I saw some people offering prayers and I thought it would be nice to take a photo, but i felt it might be invading their privacy so I didn't.

mmmmm i'll have a think of some other ideas for you :)

-Elle-
04-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Firstly,Thanks for all of your imput!Oh woups, I guess I didn't clarify that, the picture are in black and white only. When I said " I can take any pictures", I meant of anything I wanted lol, not in color I wish though!)

Quran with beads and rose is a cliche. Explore new grounds.
Any ideas?
And yeah, I know, but I thought since I am taking it and processing/enlarging it myself, its kind of special/unique for me.

That would be Islamic?
I kind of visualized many people leaving the mosque after prayer,( or entering, but they dont really all enter at the same time), to show the grand number of people who pause their daily life activities in order to remember God in prayer.

CosmicPathos
04-03-2010, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Firstly,Thanks for all of your imput!Oh woups, I guess I didn't clarify that, the picture are in black and white only. When I said " I can take any pictures", I meant of anything I wanted lol, not in color I wish though!)

Any ideas?
And yeah, I know, but I thought since I am taking it and processing/enlarging it myself, its kind of special/unique for me.

I kind of visualized many people leaving the mosque after prayer,( or entering, but they dont really all enter at the same time), to show the grand number of people who pause their daily life activities in order to remember God in prayer.
I do not like explicit messages. To make a photograph "Islamic" you do not need to have any Islamic "symbols" in it such as Quran, mosque or people praying. Unless you are talking about pictures that are collections of Muslim people or culture? Then sure, those symbols could be included.

But if you wanted to take "islamic" images from artistic perspective, anything that captures nature and its colors is Islamic to me as Allah's creation except humans is by default Muslim as they obey Him .. anything that induces melancholy and the desire to bow to God is Islamic to me. Anyways.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-03-2010, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
lol, I wonder how the imam will feel to be photographed in such position :exhausted
lol, you'd look like a stalker or something... talk about awkward :X

smile
04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
take someone giving something 2 a poor street child

marwen
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
try to take a picture of little children learning qur'an (in the kuttab) or while they're praying.

-Elle-
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Mash'Allah, the last two posts were really good ideas, quitre original too, jazak'Allah kheir!! I still didn't even start shooting my roll...I really want to take memorable pictures so that I may keep them.

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I do not like explicit messages. To make a photograph "Islamic" you do not need to have any Islamic "symbols" in it such as Quran, mosque or people praying..
I know.

Unless you are talking about pictures that are collections of Muslim people or culture? Then sure, those symbols could be included.
yes, that is what I meant when I wrote this:

to show the grand number of people who pause their daily life activities in order to remember God in prayer.

But if you wanted to take "islamic" images from artistic perspecti
ve, anything that captures nature and its colors is Islamic to me as Allah's creation except humans is by default Muslim as they obey Him .. anything that induces melancholy and the desire to bow to God is Islamic to me. Anyways.
Sadly, the pictures are in black and white, and I have taken many nature scenes (like a willow tree which seems to prostrate).Nevertheless,Jazak'Allah for your imput.

Lonely Gal
04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
create ur own picture with objects that mean something 2 u

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!