/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Get 80 years of Nafil worship reward in just 10 minutes!

Hamza Asadullah
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Get 80 years of Nafil worship reward in just 10 minutes!

HADITH RECORDED IN TABRANI ON THE AUTHORITY OF ABDULLAH IBN ABBAS

Abu Hurairah Radiallahu anhu reports that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said, “Whoever recites the following Durood eighty times immediately after Asr Salaat on Friday, before standing up from his place, Allah will forgive eighty years of sins and grant him the reward equivalent to eighty years of worship.”

(Allahumma salli alaa muhammadinin nabiyyil ummiyyi wa-ala aalihi wasallim tasleema)

Translation: O Allah bless Muhammad, the unlettered Prophet, and his family and grant them best of peace.

HADITH RECORDED IN JAME SAGEER ON THE AUTHORITY OF ABU HURAIRAH

Let us all recite this today(Jumma) after Asr by reading this durood 80 times remaining seated after Asr Salaah and we will get 80 years of Nafil (superogatory) worship reward. How generous is Allah for we can never imagine!

Let us also recite this from now on every Jumma after Asr Salah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
04-02-2010, 03:46 PM
jazakallah for sharing inshaallah i will do every friday btw dose it also apply to women? :embarrass:hiding: or is that just a stupid question

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry, but I heard it somewhere that this Hadeeth is dhaeef....correct me if I am wrong and give me a solid proof if anyone can to support this or refute this...

Predator
04-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Abu Hurairah Radiallahu anhu reports that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said, “Whoever recites the following Durood eighty times immediately after Asr Salaat on Friday, before standing up from his place, Allah will forgive eighty years of sins and grant him the reward equivalent to eighty years of worship.”

Brother , are u really sure this hadith is authentic and not a fabricated one as this would mean that the sinners just recite this dua and get them all cleansed and Its sounds too easy and they will sin again and then recite dua and carry on this way.

I understand its only Hajj which and an Umrah performed while fasting which cleanses all past sins

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
:sl:actually it did cross my mind also but really we are meant to ask repentance everyday anyway because we are always sinning as humans. i think its how you interpret that hadith really. i will ask imam about it

you can recite it but whether Allah will forgive us or not is entirely upto him:D:wa:

Hamza Asadullah
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
Sorry, but I heard it somewhere that this Hadeeth is dhaeef....correct me if I am wrong and give me a solid proof if anyone can to support this or refute this...
:sl: this durood is widely known and practiced. Whether it is da'eef or not da'eef hadith can be used for encouraging to do virtuous deeds but da'eef hadith cannot be used for fundamentals of Islam or sharia'h. Therefore because this is for a virtuous purpose it should be acted upon as is the consensus of scholars that da'eef hadith can be used for enjoining good and forbidding evil.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hamza Asadullah
04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:actually it did cross my mind also but really we are meant to ask repentance everyday anyway because we are always sinning as humans. i think its how you interpret that hadith really. i will ask imam about it

you can recite it but whether Allah will forgive us or not is entirely upto him:D:wa:
:sl: whenever you see a hadith encouraging one to do an act and one will gain a certain amount of forgiveness then the forgiveness can ONLY be for minor sins and NOT major.

Major sins are only forgiven by sincere repentance with the intention of never repeating the act again.

Allah loves to forgive so let us do these acts and at the same time constantly repent to Allah for his mercy and forgiveness.

:wa:

Sawdah
04-02-2010, 06:17 PM
SubhanAllah!
Jazakallah Khair for sharing.

cat eyes
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
:sl: whenever you see a hadith encouraging one to do an act and one will gain a certain amount of forgiveness then the forgiveness can ONLY be for minor sins and NOT major.

Major sins are only forgiven by sincere repentance with the intention of never repeating the act again.

Allah loves to forgive so let us do these acts and at the same time constantly repent to Allah for his mercy and forgiveness.

:sl:yes of course major sins need to have sincere repentance and it dosen mean you can return to that sin but so many people can misinterpret that hadith. this ummah is highly uneducated and thats why imams are always so busy :hmm:

Hamza Asadullah
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:yes of course major sins need to have sincere repentance and it dosen mean you can return to that sin but so many people can misinterpret that hadith. this ummah is highly uneducated and thats why imams are always so busy :hmm:
:sl: unfortunatley many people also misinterpret and twist ayah's of the Qur'an to suit their own desires and wants. Allah also mentions this in the Qur'an. That is why it is incumbant on us to learn knowledge otherwise we will be misled. We all have the capacity to learn knowledge but it is upto us to put in the required effort and for us to be determined to learn.

May Allah give us the ability to gain knowledge and act upon it also conveying it to others so that they may benefit too. Ameen

cat eyes
04-02-2010, 06:37 PM
:sl: unfortunatley many people also misinterpret and twist ayah's of the Qur'an to suit their own desires and wants. Allah also mentions this in the Qur'an. That is why it is incumbant on us to learn knowledge otherwise we will be misled. We all have the capacity to learn knowledge but it is upto us to put in the required effort and for us to be determined to learn.

May Allah give us the ability to gain knowledge and act upon it also conveying it to others so that they may benefit too. Ameen

yeah i was watching a lecture once where the scholar said people will listen to that person who dresses like a muslim and has a beard and everything but he will not even be educated or anything and muslims will follow him instead of going to a proper learned person...that is also common nowadays sadly.

AMEEN TO YOUR DUAA AHKE

Misz_Muslimah
04-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Ameen thuma ameen

Hamza Asadullah
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Subhanallah what immense reward in just a few minutes. How generous is Allah. Let us take advantage of our creators generosity whilst we still can for death can take us at any second and our book of deeds will close!

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
:sl: this durood is widely known and practiced. Whether it is da'eef or not da'eef hadith can be used for encouraging to do virtuous deeds but da'eef hadith cannot be used for fundamentals of Islam or sharia'h. Therefore because this is for a virtuous purpose it should be acted upon as is the consensus of scholars that da'eef hadith can be used for enjoining good and forbidding evil.
:wasalamex brother

So when you quote a weak hadith, it is ok to do it anyway.

But when I quote a hadith that praying Surah Yaseen in the graveyards etc., doing that is not ok?

Why does it have to be so BIASED?

Hamza Asadullah
05-25-2012, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:wasalamex brother

So when you quote a weak hadith, it is ok to do it anyway.

But when I quote a hadith that praying Surah Yaseen in the graveyards etc., doing that is not ok?

Why does it have to be so BIASED?
Different scholars have different criteria in the way they determine the strength of a certain hadith. Just because one scholar may determine a particular hadith weak or having certain weaknesses doesn't mean it is weak by consensus as different scholars have different ways of determining the strength of hadith. This particular hadith has been recommended by many scholars and even those that mention it has certain weaknesses it does not mean it cannot be practised. Whether one decides to practise it or not then it is upto one to decide but I personally recommend it to all. The case with surah Yasin is the same as scholars differ on the strength of the hadith. I personally follow the view of the scholars that allow it.

Research both sides and refer to a scholar or scholars you are inclined towards but at the end of the day respect differences of opinion as these are trivial matters not for us to debate over as we are not learned in hadith. Differences of opinion amongst the scholars are also blessing for the Ummah as it allows us to see matters pertaining to deen in different angles and perspectives.

And Allah knows best in all matters

~ Sabr ~
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
these are trivial matters not for us to debate over as we are not learned in hadith.
With all due respect brother, why then when I quote a hadith people on this forum consider to be "weak" does it get hushed out and deleted? I am entitled to my opinion from some scholars, no?

Hamza Asadullah
05-25-2012, 12:57 PM

With all due respect brother, why then when I quote a hadith people on this forum consider to be "weak" does it get hushed out and deleted? I am entitled to my opinion from some scholars, no?
I don't know which topic, hadith or post your are on about sister. But if it is Tahir al Qadiri that you are on about then we have already advised you as to our position on such a person that he is not a qualified scholar nor has he the authority to give fatwas nor is he trained in hadith etc.

So one does have to be careful which scholars one refers to. We should always aim to refer to those scholars who learn the deen in accordance with the understanding of the pious predecessors.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hamza Asadullah
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Please refer to poster attached.

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Can't read it. 2 small.

Hamza Asadullah
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Can't read it. 2 small.
You click on it to download it sister

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeh. It's still not big enough.

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Attachment 4903Hopefully this is one is big enough to see.

Insaanah
06-08-2012, 06:18 PM
:sl:

Here it is full size:

When you go to insert the link for the image, just go to insert image (the square symbol, next to the film-like symbol). Don't use the insert link or insert URL one. One you've selected insert image, choose "from url", paste the link into the space, and then untick the checkbox where it says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Don't insert it as an attachment, for some reason they always tend to come out really small. Best to use the link for it if it was from the web, or upload it to an image hosting site such as photobucket, imageshack etc and get a link from there.

Insaanah
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
Brother , are u really sure this hadith is authentic and not a fabricated one
The above hadeeth does appear to be fabricated: http://www.assimalhakeem.net/node/2534

Imam ad-Dhahabi said it has Wahb bin Dawud in the chain, who is accused.

And another version of it very weak/weak: http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=132216

And Allah knows best in matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

MysticSoumeya
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, brothers/sisters, in my very humble opinion, it's quite dangerous to post or forward Dhaeef Du'as. We know how misleading it can be for the persons who don't read the thread from its beginning or the whole comments. They might read what's on the pic and just share it with whomever they know. I think the speed that internet can give to a bid'a is quite frightening. Again, in my very humble viewpont, even if a bid'a has good intentions, it's still a bid'a and it's still haram.

Please, what is durood? Is it Du'a???

Insaanah
06-12-2012, 06:55 PM
:sl: sister

format_quote Originally Posted by MysticSoumeya
Please, what is durood? Is it Du'a???
Durood is what is called in Arabic, sending salawaat and blessings on the Prophet :saws: (rather asking Allah to). Like for example:

MysticSoumeya
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Chukran jazilan sister.

Hamza Asadullah
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

The above hadeeth does appear to be fabricated: http://www.assimalhakeem.net/node/2534

Imam ad-Dhahabi said it has Wahb bin Dawud in the chain, who is accused.

And another version of it very weak/weak: http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=132216

And Allah knows best in matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

That is their opinion to which they are entitled to. Not all Muhadith will class hadith using the same methodology. Sometimes a hadith can be weak on its own but strengthened by other similar narrations. Some Muhadith will rule a hadith out just because they personally don't trust a particular person in the chain of narrators etc.

So it depends on the methodology used by the Muhadith. One thing can be said is that the majority of Ulama do not class this hadith as fabricated that's for sure but many do class it as having some weakness. However the Hadith in question is considered as “Hasan” by Abu Abdillah Al-Nu’man- Al-Qawl al-Badee’, pg 382, Al Muassah al-Rayan.

Also in the virtues of Salat & Salaam, the great Muhadith Sheikh Zakariyyah rahmatullahi alayhi has narrated that this Hadith is dhaeef. However it has many chains of narration, which raise it to the rank of Hasan (p. 70). Even if it was weak, the majority of ulama say that dhaeef Hadith can be used for fadhaail (virtues).

So hold onto your practice without any doubts. Inshallah, Allah will bless you through the duas of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam. One saintly person saw Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam in a *dream, who said to him, “I like Zakariyyah’s practice of Friday”. He related this dream to Sheikh and enquired about his habit of Friday. Sheikh Zakariyyah said, “I don’t have any particular practice except for the durood after Asr, which I have been reciting'.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Hamza Asadullah
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Virtues of Durood

Muslim narrated in his Sahih from Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and give him peace) said ‘he who invokes blessings on me once, Allah sends ten blessings upon him.’

Al-Nasa’i narrated in ‘Invocations of the day and night’, from ‘Umar bin Dinar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace) said ‘he of my community who invokes blessings upon me sincerely, Allah will bless him ten fold and raise him ten degrees, and he will have written for him ten good deeds, and erased from his record ten bad deeds.’

Tirmidhi narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said ‘Verily, supplications are stalled between the heavens and the earth, and are not lifted up until the supplicant invokes blessings upon the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace).’

Tirmidhi related from Abdullah bin Mas’ud (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and give him peace) said ‘the closest people to me on the Day of Resurrection will be those who invoked the most blessings upon me.’

Tirmidhi narrated from ‘Amir bin Rani’ah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and give him peace) said ‘he who invokes blessings upon me, the Angels send blessings upon him equal to that which he invoked, so let the worshipper invoke some, or increase upon that.’

Source: http://www.haqislam.org/virtues-of-durood/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!