/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we all have qareen's?

AnonymousPoster
04-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Aslaam alaykum, a friend asked me how come Allah assigned every 1 a companion from amongst the jinn to tempt him. He said

"it doesn't make sense, why assign every 1 a jinn and help shaytaan to lead us astray, isn't the temptation of shaytaan enough, why help shaytaan"

he also said "shaytaan is only 1 entity so how can he be responsibile for leading mankind astray, does he come to every person on the planet at the same time and lead them astray?"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
04-04-2010, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Aslaam alaykum, a friend asked me how come Allah assigned every 1 a companion from amongst the jinn to tempt him. He said

"it doesn't make sense, why assign every 1 a jinn and help shaytaan to lead us astray, isn't the temptation of shaytaan enough, why help shaytaan"

he also said "shaytaan is only 1 entity so how can he be responsibile for leading mankind astray, does he come to every person on the planet at the same time and lead them astray?"
:sl:

Life is a test and there has to be a pull and push factor in order for us to be tested. We are tested to see which are the true servants of Allah and which only follow their only desires and the whispers of shaythan.

The pull factor pulls us away from good like our nafs and whispers of shaythan and the push factor which is the goodness we have inside our souls wants us to do good and so acts as a push factor pushing us towards good.

Therefore as a test we have a shaythan who is always with us who acts as a pull factor and which tries to push us away from good and try and tempt us towards evil. This shaythan is always with us right from the beginning and so knows all of our past history and which sins we are more likely to commit and therefore may try anc concentrate on our weak points.

But remember they can only whisper to us as we have been created beings of free will to decide between doing right or wrong so it is upto us to decide to listen to those whispers or not or to follow our desires or not. The whispers of shaythan and our nafs (desires) compliment each other and therefore work with each other.

If there was no test in this life then life would be pointless and so we are tested and if we are true servants of Allah then we are more superiour than the angels because the angels have not been gien free will and we have. But the more we listen to the whispers of shaythan the more power the qareen has over us.

Allah Almighty says: “His Companion will say: “Our Lord! I did not make him transgress, but he was (himself) far astray.” (Qaf: 27) i.e. the shaythan assigned to seduce him will say: “My lord! It was not me who seduced him at the beginning, but it was he himself who preferred blindness to guidance. So, I helped him achieve his goal through seduction.”

If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of Allah Most Gracious, We appoint for him an evil one, to be an intimate companion to him. Sura Az-Zukhruf (36)

In a hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) tells us that a demon is assigned to every human being: “There is no one among you but a comrade from among the jinn is assigned to him.” Sahaba e Karam (RA) present in that occasion asked: “Even you, O Messenger of Allah?” He said: “Even me, but Allah granted me victory over him and he became Muslim (or: and I am safe from him), so he only enjoins me to do that which is good.”

So the more evil we commit then the more closer friendship we will develop with the qareen that is appointed to us and thr more weaker we will be to his whispers and when he tempts us to do certain things.

In order to repel the effects of the Qareen we need to do as many good deeds as possible including recitation of Qur'an particularly Ayatul Kursi, remembering and glorifying Allah as much as we can, being the best towards others, maintaining ties of kinship and so on.

We need to constantly remember Allah and do our utmost to abide by the commands of Allah and follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (Pbuh).

If we are successful then we will have an ETERNITY of bliss which is such a great reward for comparitively little effort.

So let us repel the effects of shaythan by going towards Allah and doing as much good as we can and to constantly repent and ask for the mercy and forgiveness of Allah.

and Allah know best in all matters

Listen to these beneficial lectures on the subject of:

The Devils Deception Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaYu1...eature=related

The Devils Deception Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1Vv...eature=related

The Devils Deception Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6sQF...eature=related

cat eyes
04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
:sl:the shayytan put that challenge to Allah so Allah could not refuse that challenge because Allah knows we are all not weak and we should prove shayytan wrong..of course it is difficult but thats our jihad i guess.

islamirama
04-04-2010, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:the shayytan put that challenge to Allah so Allah could not refuse that challenge because Allah knows we are all not weak and we should prove shayytan wrong..of course it is difficult but thats our jihad i guess.
:wa:

It wasn't challenge, it was compensation. When he was cursed out of heaven he asked for respite for all he had done. Allah gave him live to end of time and the means to do what he wants. He said he will lead mankind astray and Allah said those who are weak or have illness in their heart but the true believers will always return to Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Then the question arises, did Allah make us with the defect of sinning? or is this a result of our ownselves.

Because 1 could argue every man sins, there is no man who is sinless, Allah has created all men as sinners so why punish us for something he has created in us?

is it because he likes repentance?

islamirama
04-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Then the question arises, did Allah make us with the defect of sinning? or is this a result of our ownselves.

Because 1 could argue every man sins, there is no man who is sinless, Allah has created all men as sinners so why punish us for something he has created in us?

Allah made us in the manner He decreed most suitable. Allah made us weak who are prone to sin and not perfect. He said if there was someone who did not sin, He would unmake that person and make him again so he would sin and then repent. Allah loves those who repent and return to Him. We are created with the capacity to do good and evil. Some of us fall so low that we become shaytan and some of us rise to a status that Allah accepts all our duas. Umar r.a. was one shahaba so strong in emaan that the shayateen would change their path and run the other direction when they would see him coming.

So we sin but we have the means choose how much of sinners we want to be or not and how much repent, seek guidance and protection with Allah from the shaytan and the evilness within ourselves. He gave us the power to choose and the capacity to fall or rise as much as we want.

check out www.islamq.com, it has great questions and answers for the curious mind :)

Hamza Asadullah
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM

:sl: you answered the question yourself in your last statement because Allah loves repentance.

He loves when his servant calls upon him in repentance. It is said that if the world stopped sinning he would create it again just so that there be sinners who would ask of Allah for forgiveness so Allah could forgive them.

Allah says:

"AND TURN YOU ALL TOGETHER IN REPENTANCE TO ALLAAH O BELIEVERS, THAT YOU MAY BE SUCCESSFUL" [An-Noor (24):31]

In Soorah al-Baqarah, Allaah tells us: "SURELY ALLAAH LOVES THOSE WHO TURN UNTO HIM IN REPENTANCE AND LOVES THOSE WHO PURIFY THEMSELVES." [2:222]

Allah wants us to be close to him and ask of him and turn to him in dua and repentance.

But that does'nt mean that we should intentionally sin and then ask Allah for forgiveness for Allah knows what is in our hearts and we cannot fool our creator but it means that we should constantly ask Allah for forgiveness because of the fact that we are constantly sinning everyday.

Allah created man weak and forgetful but it is part of our test as beings of free will for we can clearly differentiate from right and wrong and it is the choices we make that we will be accountable for on the day of judgement. But man is prone to err so that is why we should always and constantly repent and never think that we are free from sin.

Allah will forgive any sin as long as it is done sincerely and before death but if a person has not repented then it is upto Allah whether he wants to forgive them.

We should also bare in mind that it is not our deeds that will take us to Paradise but the mercy of Allah. So we should constantly ask of Allah for his mercy and forgiveness and we should also at the same time have hope in his mercy as having hope in the mercy of Allah is also a part of faith but this should be balanced with the fear of Allah whether he would accept our prayers or not.

and Allah knows best in all matters

:wa:

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2010, 01:05 AM
But what if a person has reached such a stage that he no longer feels bad and remorseful when he does a sin so when he makes repentance the feeling of remorse is not there.

but he abstains from the sin but he just doesn't feel that remorse because he has done the sin so much that it has become fair seeming to him.

How does he get out of this situation so he can feel remorse again? :hmm:

So we have to seek forgivness for the way that Allah made us? I'm just trying to understand. Allah made us as sinful so we have to seek forgivness for something he put in us? :hmm: sorry if I sound stupid but this has been confusing me for a long while imsad

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2010, 01:15 AM
You see I got confused when I read Allah would remove us if we didn't sin and replace us with a people who did sin and ask for forgivness.

I thought the whole point was to avoid sins and that would be pleasing to Allah but then I read if you didn;t sin Allah would replace you as bring some 1 who does sin.

This is really confusing for me cos it was simple before, I would try my best to avoid sin and stay away from it but then I hear people say "it's ok Allah is most merciful he forgives all sins so dont worry"

so confused, Why would Allah be angry with you if you didn't sin and replace you with a person who did sin :hmm:

sometimes I get a whisper saying "it's ok to sin cos it's the way Allah has made man and if you didn't sin he would just replace you"

then I get confused imsad

I thought Allah wanted people who didn't sin and they do good deeds imsad

and then from there I start thinking about why is Allah punishing us for something that is in our nature :hmm: it's in our nature to sin so we does Allah punish us for it :hmm:

it's like making a toy with a defect and then getting angry with it for having that defect when you created the defect in it in the first place. :hmm:

if you could explain I would be grateful cos this has been giving me doubts for weeks imsad

islamirama
04-05-2010, 01:27 AM
But what if a person has reached such a stage that he no longer feels bad and remorseful when he does a sin so when he makes repentance the feeling of remorse is not there.

but he abstains from the sin but he just doesn't feel that remorse because he has done the sin so much that it has become fair seeming to him.

When a person commits a sin he gets a black spot on his heart, the more sins he commits the more black spots on the heart till his whole heart becomes black. Such a person doesn't feel ashamed or remorseful of the sins. One can't superficially ask repentance and expect to be forgiven. In order for repentance to be accepted, certain conditions need to be met, such as sincerity, regret-fullness, intention to not go back to it, etc. check out this link inshallah:

Acceptance of repentance.

So we have to seek forgivness for the way that Allah made us? I'm just trying to understand. Allah made us as sinful so we have to seek forgivness for something he put in us? :hmm: sorry if I sound stupid but this has been confusing me for a long while imsad
You have to seek forgiveness for disobeying Allah and committing sin. Allah didn't make you a sinner, that is your choice and yours alone. Allah gave you (us) the ability to choose between good and bad, shaytan tempts us to do evil as does some of own nafs (desires) and at the same time we have duas to seek Allah's help against the temptations and the evil. But at end of the day, you have made a choice to do or not do something.

Islam and provided us means, guidance and ways to safe guard ourselves from falling into sin and it is our duty to learn our deen and learn islam so we know how to better ourselves. When people don't pray, don't follow islam, hang around unislamic people with bad influence, go to unislamic places or what not then they have no one to blame but themselves for throwing themselves in that environment. As the saying goes, you a product of your society. What kind of society or environment you surround yourself will influence you in that way and lead you to that path.

Allah did not made us sinful, Allah made us as His representatives on earth with the ability to choose between good and evil. He didn't make us like the Angels who do not disobey Allah no matter what, He gave us and jinns the ability to choose to obey or disobey Him. He gave us a choice and then sent Messengers and Prophets to provide guidance and example. Those of us who want to listen and obey will be rewarded and those who want to do what they please will be punished. This earth is our classroom, we are here for a test and J-Day is when we find out how well we did in it. Are you going to work hard to pass the test or be the class clown or bully or what not is up to. At the end we have no one to blame for our actions but ourselves.

You see I got confused when I read Allah would remove us if we didn't sin and replace us with a people who did sin and ask for forgivness.
so confused, Why would Allah be angry with you if you didn't sin and replace you with a person who did sin :hmm:
sometimes I get a whisper saying "it's ok to sin cos it's the way Allah has made man and if you didn't sin he would just replace you"
if you could explain I would be grateful cos this has been giving me doubts for weeks imsad
It's not that Allah wants you to sin, rather He doesn't. The whole point of that is to show the mercy of Allah, of how much He loves to forgive His servants and how much He loves for us to seek His forgiveness. This is to give us hope that we should not despair of our sins and know that Allah is Most Merciful and Most Compassionate. He doesn't want us to sin. Even the angels writing down our good/bad deeds are telling us to do good deed and to not bad deed so they don't have to write it down. The world was created for us to live here and be tested. The shaytan is whispering always to us and tempting us to sin. We sin enough without even sinning. How often do we kill insects, or do something unintentionally without knowing? That is why we ask Allah for forgiveness for intentional and unintentional sins. The prophet (S) used to as astagfhirullah 70x a day, seeking Allah's forgiveness.

Check these out:

The difference between repentance and forgiveness.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/Forgiveness.htm

Hamza Asadullah
04-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum, because most of us sin so much everyday we end up getting used to sinning and indulging constantly in sin everyday causes a black spot in our hearts and this is a like a disease in our hearts with which the only way to clean our heart and polish off this black spot is to constantly repent and ask for forgiveness and also to remember Allah and glorify him as much as we can.

We should also remember death and learn about the hereafter and build fear of Allah into our hearts and we have much to fear because our eternal fate will be decided in the hereafter and whatever we do in this world will decide our eternal fate. Just because we have imaan(faith) now it does'nt mean we will die with faith. Many of us need to realise that we need to work VERY hard to keep our faith strong and in order to die with faith we will need to make much effort with our imaan to maintain it and keep it strong lest we die without imaan and our eternal doom be HELL.

So fear Allah as much as possible by remembering death and learning knowledge about death, the grave, the hereafter and Jahannam. Realise our eternal fate is in his hands and that we must do our very best in this world to avoid sin and repent as much as we can and remember and glorify Allah abiding by ALL of his commands with the best of our abilities. We must constantly make effort on our imaan and ask of Allah to let us die with imaan.

and Allah knows best in all matters.

Hamza Asadullah
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM

I thought the whole point was to avoid sins and that would be pleasing to Allah but then I read if you didn;t sin Allah would replace you as bring some 1 who does sin.

This is really confusing for me cos it was simple before, I would try my best to avoid sin and stay away from it but then I hear people say "it's ok Allah is most merciful he forgives all sins so dont worry"

I thought Allah wanted people who didn't sin and they do good deeds imsad

and then from there I start thinking about why is Allah punishing us for something that is in our nature :hmm: it's in our nature to sin so we does Allah punish us for it :hmm:

it's like making a toy with a defect and then getting angry with it for having that defect when you created the defect in it in the first place. :hmm:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, doubts only come from lack of clarity. Lack of clarity comes from a lack of knowledge so make it a priority to learn as much knowledge of Islam as you can as we should all learn as much as we can about our deen even until our last breath.

You have misunderstood the point i made earlier on. When i said that if the whole world stopped sinning then Allah would destroy it and create people who would sin and ask for forgiveness. This is metaphorical as in to show how much Almighty Allah loves repentance and that we ask of him for forgiveness.

Obviously Allah would not destroy the world and the world would never stop sinning but it was an analogy and therefore must not be misunderstood. It was my mistake for not explaining further when i made the statement.

You Qareen is trying to confuse you on your lack of clarity on this matter and you should ignore its whispers and realise that it is trying to decieve you and confuse you for that is on of its main roles which is to decieve man and lead him astray.

Another thing you need to be clear about is that we are not created sinners but that we are weak and because we are weak we are prone to sin. So we are not born with sin for we are born without sin but it is human nature to be weak and therefore prone to sin. Jinn are even more prone to sin for that is their nature. This is because we are on a test ground. We are being scrutinised and tested in EVERY aspect of our lives and every choice and decision we make we will be accountable for.

If we were strong against our desires and sin then it would not be much of a test but we are weak and therefore we are being tested as in will we abide by the commands of Allah and his Rasul (Pbuh) or will we fall victim to our desires and the whispers of shaythan.

Remember we have been given free will so it is upto us to decide on what choices and decisions we make and will we go towards Allah or our desires. So we have this nature for the purpose of being tested but we are not created sinners but we are created weak so we are prone to sin but whether we sin or not is OUR choice completely and the best of Allah's slaves will be those who went against their desires and against the whispers of shaythan and listened to the commands of Allah and spend their life devoted to pleasing Allah and abstaining from sin.

So because we are prone to sin then if we avoid it then we will be rewarded for avoiding it but if we fall for it then we will have to pay for the consequances of our actions whether in this world or the next or in both unless we repent sincerely and intend not to repeat it again.

In ones youth one has probably the most temptation one will ever have in ones life because one will be youthful and ful of energy, desires etc. That is why a youth who abstains from sins and goes against his desires and goes towards Allah trying his best to please him will be rewarded more than a person who worships Allah at an older age. This is because it is harder to abstain from sin in youth than it is when one is older in age.

Therefore abstaining from sin out of the fear and pleasure of Allah is a great reward because of the fact that we are weak and prone to sin so we have been given this nature as a test to distinguish us apart from each other as in which are the devoted servants of Allah who strive against their desires and fear Allah and try their best to avoid sin and also repent constantly and which are those who follow their desires and do not fear Allah and constantly sin and repent very little.

Whatever choices or decisions we make will decide Our eternal fate, so let us abstain from sin as much as we can and repent to Allah constantly and fear him as much as we can.

If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask as we are here for you and will try to help you in anyway that we can inshallah

cat eyes
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
salaam brother. your actually missing the point ahkee we are humans and Allah knows that we sin but Allah dose not request that we take full advantage of being human and sin all our life i know your confused but thats just shayytan throwing every excuse under the sun at you because he wants to destroy your imaan. Allah knows we sometimes are weak and we will do mistakes Allah only means that we should not try to make life hard on ourselves and try to be angels when we are not because he knows we are human and he wants us to repent instead of trying to be perfect

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!