/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Green

Alpha Dude
04-03-2010, 02:32 PM
“Green” is about saving the rainforest of Indonesia. The film is meant to reach out to the hearts of people hoping to make us all feel that we don’t want to take part in the destruction anymore.

“Green” is 48 min long, it is available for free download for all private and public screenings. The film is in international version accessible to all nationalities, produced independently and free of all commercial or political attachment. Please don’t hesitate to screen the film wherever you feel appropriate.

To save the Indonesian rainforest we must want to change our consumer habits so as to not be part of the destruction. If we are enough to do so, we can make a significant impact on the markets involved and make them change too. And it’s quite easy to do, it’s essentially about avoiding palm oil, tropicals hardwoods and paper from tropical countries.

Together we can make a difference.

Link: http://www.greenthefilm.com/
For a film without any spoken words, this doesn't half give a potent message.

The jungle shots are just amazing! So peaceful, serene. Very inviting. Makes you wish you could just sit there all day and observe nature as it goes about its way.

Loved the irony in the scene where somebody is reading a book about orangutans.

Unfortunately, large scale deforestation, as bad as it may be, has become somewhat of a necessity in this day and age. Upwards of 6 billion people with varying wants and desires all wanting to have success and make their life worth living. They're not going to stop living the extravagant lives that they lead. In fact, everyone in the developed world is programmed to consume from birth.

Even if this campaign to save Indonesian forests is successful, the big corporations will most likely just exploit the resources elsewhere.

We all have stop consuming so much on the whole, in all areas and make it a lifelong consistent change in habit in order to make an effective change around the world with regards to resource exploitation and safeguarding wildlife.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Good topic.

I'll be back, Insha Allah.

ardianto
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Good topic.

I'll be back, Insha Allah.
I am back.

But, I am sorry if I cannot write something, it will becomes very long post if I must explain what is happen with Indonesian forests.

Yes, deforestation is a problem in Indonesia, not only in Borneo but also in other regions. And the root of this problem is corruption.

Ramadhan
04-04-2010, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

We all have stop consuming so much on the whole, in all areas and make it a lifelong consistent change in habit in order to make an effective change around the world with regards to resource exploitation and safeguarding wildlife.

This is the most important point. And it fits with the essence of Islamic way of life: moderation.
No matter how much we reuse and recycle, without reducing our consumption, it is just not possible to save all that is left in the wild.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
04-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Are these forests anywhere near you guys, by any chance? They're so breathtaking.

Ramadhan
04-04-2010, 03:58 PM
There are almost no virgin forests left in Java island, where Jakarta is located. However, there's still a LOT of greens as we are a tropical land.
For my work, I travel much around the country, and I am still amazed by all the breathtaking forests outside java.
Meanwhile, most of low land forests in Kalimantan (Borneo), where orang utans live, have been cleared off for timber and replaced with palm oil plantation or coal minings. I got depressed everytime I flew over Kalimantan as all i got to see all the way to the horizon is this saw-off tree stumps with overgrown grass with one or two trees left.
The only original forests left are in the national parks.
Same thing happened in Sumatra and Sulawesi, although the deforestations in these two islands is much less than what has been occurring in Kalimantan.
in West Papua however, much of the land is still covered with million years old forests.
an expedition by some european team last year into remote areas in papua discovered what they called as earth "eden" where they discovered plants and animal species so abundant which never been seen before.

I am also a diver, and for me, the underwater "forests" of corals in central and north sulawesi, north west papua, komodo islands are no less breathtaking if not more than the above ground varieties. Sadly. most of the corals around Java have practically been destroyed.

ardianto
04-05-2010, 06:41 AM
I am living in "Pasundan" area. And the problem in my area is a group of farmers who did deforestation and occupy those lands.

Actually they are only low educated farmers, but they did it because some high educated people behind them told them, if they can occupy a forest area and change it into agriculture area, they can have it.

Last year police dept arrested the leader of this group, he is a lawyer. But I didn't know why, police released him few days later.

Now this group is still a trouble for environment in Pasundan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!