PDA

View Full Version : Please visit my thread!



abeer123456
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
please anybody score my t shirt design and if you dont mind please leave me a comment the i know what you think of it.you wil need to sighn up after clicking on this link below.jazakallah khair
waiting for you.
here is the link below
http://www.threadless.com/submission/264677/aww_gotcha
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Duhaa786M
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
ya i scored ur shirt. enough now.
Reply

abeer123456
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
please do score my design!
i only have 5 days left for my design to be scored!
please do help me!
jazakallah khair!
Reply

abeer123456
04-04-2010, 07:43 PM
u know 4 that!
be sweet!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
abeer123456
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
jazakallah!
but you didnt score so since u said u did why dont u do it!
remember be sweet!
Reply

Duhaa786M
04-04-2010, 07:49 PM
eeeeeeerrrrrm sis i don't knw if i'm a idiot but :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass :embarrass i seriously don't get it. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass
Reply

abeer123456
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
waiting for your scores please!
please help me!
Reply

abeer123456
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Am i allowed to leave a message on other threads asking them to vist my thread!
Reply

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Asalamu alaykum,

No. You shouldn't do that as it's spamming. InshaAllah they'll see this thread.
Reply

abeer123456
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Okay!Thank you!
Reply

abeer123456
04-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I only have 2 more days out of 7 days for scoring!Please give me your scores!Thank you!http://www.threadless.com/submission/264677/aww_gotcha
Reply

abeer123456
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
135 views on my thread!But no comments!Are you really scoring me or just passing by!
Reply

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
ur tshirt looks cool
Reply

marwen
04-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok abeer123456, I scored you, but once you win you'll have to send me one shirt of these, I will wear it when I go to my parties.
loool ;D ;D ;D JUST KIDDING ! :D, wish you a good luck !
Reply

abeer123456
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Thank you Mr.President.I like getting responses.I apriciate this.
Reply

abeer123456
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Thank you merwen,nice deal,I dont mind that at all,lets first wait for the results,tommorow night i will probably get my results,and i know were to contact you from.Jazakallah khair!
Reply

marwen
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by abeer123456
Thank you merwen,nice deal,I dont mind that at all,lets first wait for the results,tommorow night i will probably get my results,and i know were to contact you from.Jazakallah khair!
lol I was just kidding ;D
But seriously, I wish you win this competetion. And whatever will be the result, be sure you have a great talent. May Allah bless you sister :)
Reply

abeer123456
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
No problem merwen.Thank you so much.May Allah bless you to.
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Salaam alaiaykum
I have last few hours left to recieve the results of my t-shirt rates.Please bothers and sisters make duaa for me to win!Jazakallah for all your help and support and i will inform all if i lost or won!
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Ok as you wished *Visits your thread*....Done., Next?
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Ok as you wished *Visits your thread*....Done., Next?
sorry i dont understand.
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Lol nevermind...
anyways...
welcome to the Forum

hope you enjoy
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Allah desired I dont win this time so I lost.Hope i get better results next time insha-allah!Any thanks for all you votes!
Reply

Snowflake
04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Ah too late. The design is awesome though. Save it and get some T-Shirts printed and stick them on E-Bay! I would buy one :)

Alternatively, give me rights to use the design. See how honest I am :P That way you can sit back and reap the rewards (in royalties) while I do all the hard work. PM me if you're interested.
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Ah too late. The design is awesome though. Save it and get some T-Shirts printed and stick them on E-Bay! I would buy one :)

Thank you so much scents of jannah,nice idea,i will try it and inform you about that insha-allah!
Reply

Snowflake
04-09-2010, 09:21 PM
jazakAllah! I look forward to hearing from you. If you do decide to go solo, register yourself at uk business forums and ask any business related questions to put you on the right track. may Allah bless your efforts. Ameen.
Reply

ali-imran
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I am a graphic designer, thats a nice design and the sandlas are also a nice touch, why not make some shorts also, the design is very nice, for the summer why not try a same style pic of palm tree and fresh blue water or coconut.

can I ask what you are going to print this design with, screen print? what about the sandals how will you get that design on there, or are you outsoourcing...please let me know as I am interested.

all the best any way.
Reply

Snowflake
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
P.S. get your design copyrighted asap.
Reply

marwen
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by abeer123456
Allah desired I dont win this time so I lost.Hope i get better results next time insha-allah!Any thanks for all you votes!
Inchallah next time you win. And don't worry, your work is great :), but this competetion was based on votes, and the winner is who get more votes not necessarly the best; May be you hadn't enough time to get many votes :c, So may Allah help you next time.
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
jazakAllah! I look forward to hearing from you. If you do decide to go solo, register yourself at uk business forums and ask any business related questions to put you on the right track. may Allah bless your efforts. Ameen.
JazakAllah really apricited!
I dont like the idea of going solo,bcos it needs sum expirience and im not a designer but i want to try get it printed by sum other t-shirt webites insha-Allah!
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by ali-imran
I am a graphic designer, thats a nice design and the sandlas are also a nice touch, why not make some shorts also, the design is very nice, for the summer why not try a same style pic of palm tree and fresh blue water or coconut.

can I ask what you are going to print this design with, screen print? what about the sandals how will you get that design on there, or are you outsoourcing...please let me know as I am interested.

all the best any way.
JazakAllah khair!
Thats nice to hear that you are a graphic designer,you ideas are realy nice and to be honest i dont have an idea about its printing (outsoourcing) thats why I submitted it to a t-shirt contest to get it printed.
Reply

abeer123456
04-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by marwen
Inchallah next time you win. And don't worry, your work is great :), but this competetion was based on votes, and the winner is who get more votes not necessarly the best; May be you hadn't enough time to get many votes :c, So may Allah help you next time.
Jazakalah khair merwen,its so nice to hear this,I cant you and everybody else enough!
Reply

Snowflake
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by abeer123456
JazakAllah really apricited!
I dont like the idea of going solo,bcos it needs sum expirience and im not a designer but i want to try get it printed by sum other t-shirt webites insha-Allah!
:sl: ok inshaAllah. Before you do anything else, get copyright protection for your work, or someone else will use it before you do. http://www.protectmywork.com/ Please let me know if you want help regarding the copyright. I don't know if you are a student or what your financial position is. But if you need help for the copyright fees. I am willing to help for the sake of Allah to see a fellow muslim succeed in something inshaAllah. You are under no obligation to do business with me in return. But you can send me a t-shirt later. :)

Well, must dash now. Will pop in soon inshaAllah. But don't waste a second in protecting your work inshaAllah.


:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: ok inshaAllah. Before you do anything else, get copyright protection for your work, or someone else will use it before you do. http://www.protectmywork.com/ Please let me know if you want help regarding the copyright. I don't know if you are a student or what your financial position is. But if you need help for the copyright fees. I am willing to help for the sake of Allah to see a fellow muslim succeed in something inshaAllah. You are under no obligation to do business with me in return. But you can send me a t-shirt later. :)

Well, must dash now. Will pop in soon inshaAllah. But don't waste a second in protecting your work inshaAllah.


:wa:
Okay scented blood but if i get it copyrighted can I still enter it into t-shirt contests?Yes sure I will send you a free tee whenever it gets printed!I do know where to contact you from.
Reply

Snowflake
04-10-2010, 10:59 PM
:sl: Thanks for the compliment chuck. Once you have your work copyrighted, you are free to do with it as you please - without the risk of someone stealing it. What is the next step you'd like to take? Do you have any printers in mind? Of course you can find more and compare prices. But in the meantime take a look at this company (uk). In business the more you buy the lower the cost per item. See price list here: http://www.idressmyself.co.uk/servic...nting/t-shirts

See here for how to submit your design: http://www.idressmyself.co.uk/resour...t-shirt-design

If you're in the UK, please take the time to read about copyright laws @protectmywork.com, or if outside of UK then just Google for copyright laws for the country you're in.


:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: Thanks for the compliment chuck. Once you have your work copyrighted, you are free to do with it as you please - without the risk of someone stealing it. What is the next step you'd like to take? Do you have any printers in mind? Of course you can find more and compare prices. But in the meantime take a look at this company (uk). In business the more you buy the lower the cost per item. See price list here: http://www.idressmyself.co.uk/servic...nting/t-shirts

See here for how to submit your design: http://www.idressmyself.co.uk/resour...t-shirt-design


If you're in the UK, please take the time to read about copyright laws @protectmywork.com, or if outside of UK then just Google for copyright laws for the country you're in.


:wa:
scentes of jannah as i said before im not happy with going solo,i am not in the right frame to buy printers because then it will be a bussiness responsibility,insha Allah later i will try that but for now i think id either get it printed by sumbody or get it sumbitted into sumother contests,and getting it printed by sumone cost quit a bit so if i do i have to sell at a fairly good prize and i donno how thats going to sell.Afraid of strating that cos any money involed would have to be my fathers.So what would you advice since you are so hepful and willing to help.jazakallah!
Reply

Snowflake
04-12-2010, 12:50 AM
:sl:

Firstly, by going solo I meant that I will only advise you, but buying and selling will be solely your responsibility, and I will not be entitled to any profits you make. And who told you that you have to buy printers? There are companies who do everything for you. All you do is deliver the items to buyers. Postage and packaging won't cost you anything as you charge that to the buyer.


As for the process of getting the t-shirts printed; here is an example using real quotes from the website I gave earlier.


Initial Screen Preparation of your design up to A4 size is £25

50 T-shirts with a four colour design £3.90 each = £195.00 + £25 = £220.00


Add to this VAT at the rate of 17.5% = £38.50



Total amount spent so far is: £258.50

Divide this by 50 for garment quantity = £5.17


The cost of delivery hasn't been added yet. This shouldn't be too much.


So with the initial printing set up, printed t-shirts inc. VAT each T-Shirt has cost approx £5.17



Now I think between £15-£20 is a good retail price. How does that sound? If retailed at £15.00, you make £9.83 Not bad eh? Hmm.. please correct me if I've miscalculated anything.



See.. it won't cost you an arm or a leg to do this by yourself. But if it still doesn't appeal to you. Then you have to state clearly in writing that you are giving me permission to use the design in return for a percentage of the profits I make from utilizing it. We can go into the finer details later.


However, I hope you feel confident enough to take it on by yourself. I would recommend this for two reasons. Firstly, because there is nothing to it. I will advise you along the way inshaAllah. I've got tons of ideas for your design already. I'm sure that if you show your father the comments you got for the design, and show him the cost of getting the t-shirts printed, ending it with the profit to be made, your father would not mind helping you financially. The second reason is that I am really busy in the process of building my own website, and I'm not good with computers. So it is taking an age. I am also designing and creating my own products, and have many left to do before my website can go live. For these reasons, I am encouraging you to try and do this without my involvement. My involvement could mean delays for you, and I wouldn't want that. If you go alone, I am willing to sell your t-shirts on my website.


I'm sure you agree it's not that hard a task to do on your own. You can also sell your t-shirts from a free blog. The possiblities are endless. But if you want me to take it on, then please say. I'm willing to help, but be prepared for delays in the beginning.


I hope I have not left anything out. Can you tell me what you have decided about protecting your work. Do you want to do it, or do you want me to take responsibility? Either way, I advise you not to waste time in this. If you want me to copyright it under my name, the design will still be yours and I will not use it without your consent. For me it will only mean that I have taken the initiative to protect your design for you.


Think about it carefully Abeer. May Allah guide you to making the right decision. Perform istikhara if you can't decide. : )


Whao! it's way past my bedtime... wa alaykum assalam.
Reply

abeer123456
04-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl:

Firstly, by going solo I meant that I will only advise you, but buying and selling will be solely your responsibility, and I will not be entitled to any profits you make. And who told you that you have to buy printers? There are companies who do everything for you. All you do is deliver the items to buyers. Postage and packaging won't cost you anything as you charge that to the buyer.


As for the process of getting the t-shirts printed; here is an example using real quotes from the website I gave earlier.


Initial Screen Preparation of your design up to A4 size is £25

50 T-shirts with a four colour design £3.90 each = £195.00 + £25 = £220.00


Add to this VAT at the rate of 17.5% = £38.50



Total amount spent so far is: £258.50

Divide this by 50 for garment quantity = £5.17


The cost of delivery hasn't been added yet. This shouldn't be too much.


So with the initial printing set up, printed t-shirts inc. VAT each T-Shirt has cost approx £5.17



Now I think between £15-£20 is a good retail price. How does that sound? If retailed at £15.00, you make £9.83 Not bad eh? Hmm.. please correct me if I've miscalculated anything.



See.. it won't cost you an arm or a leg to do this by yourself. But if it still doesn't appeal to you. Then you have to state clearly in writing that you are giving me permission to use the design in return for a percentage of the profits I make from utilizing it. We can go into the finer details later.


However, I hope you feel confident enough to take it on by yourself. I would recommend this for two reasons. Firstly, because there is nothing to it. I will advise you along the way inshaAllah. I've got tons of ideas for your design already. I'm sure that if you show your father the comments you got for the design, and show him the cost of getting the t-shirts printed, ending it with the profit to be made, your father would not mind helping you financially. The second reason is that I am really busy in the process of building my own website, and I'm not good with computers. So it is taking an age. I am also designing and creating my own products, and have many left to do before my website can go live. For these reasons, I am encouraging you to try and do this without my involvement. My involvement could mean delays for you, and I wouldn't want that. If you go alone, I am willing to sell your t-shirts on my website.


I'm sure you agree it's not that hard a task to do on your own. You can also sell your t-shirts from a free blog. The possiblities are endless. But if you want me to take it on, then please say. I'm willing to help, but be prepared for delays in the beginning.


I hope I have not left anything out. Can you tell me what you have decided about protecting your work. Do you want to do it, or do you want me to take responsibility? Either way, I advise you not to waste time in this. If you want me to copyright it under my name, the design will still be yours and I will not use it without your consent. For me it will only mean that I have taken the initiative to protect your design for you.


Think about it carefully Abeer. May Allah guide you to making the right decision. Perform istikhara if you can't decide. : )


Whao! it's way past my bedtime... wa alaykum assalam.
Okay scents of jannah i am deciding on sumthing, I will be back now!
Reply

abeer123456
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl:

Firstly, by going solo I meant that I will only advise you, but buying and selling will be solely your responsibility, and I will not be entitled to any profits you make. And who told you that you have to buy printers? There are companies who do everything for you. All you do is deliver the items to buyers. Postage and packaging won't cost you anything as you charge that to the buyer.

As for the process of getting the t-shirts printed; here is an example using real quotes from the website I gave earlier.


Initial Screen Preparation of your design up to A4 size is £25

50 T-shirts with a four colour design £3.90 each = £195.00 + £25 = £220.00


Add to this VAT at the rate of 17.5% = £38.50



Total amount spent so far is: £258.50

Divide this by 50 for garment quantity = £5.17


The cost of delivery hasn't been added yet. This shouldn't be too much.


So with the initial printing set up, printed t-shirts inc. VAT each T-Shirt has cost approx £5.17



Now I think between £15-£20 is a good retail price. How does that sound? If retailed at £15.00, you make £9.83 Not bad eh? Hmm.. please correct me if I've miscalculated anything.



See.. it won't cost you an arm or a leg to do this by yourself. But if it still doesn't appeal to you. Then you have to state clearly in writing that you are giving me permission to use the design in return for a percentage of the profits I make from utilizing it. We can go into the finer details later.


However, I hope you feel confident enough to take it on by yourself. I would recommend this for two reasons. Firstly, because there is nothing to it. I will advise you along the way inshaAllah. I've got tons of ideas for your design already. I'm sure that if you show your father the comments you got for the design, and show him the cost of getting the t-shirts printed, ending it with the profit to be made, your father would not mind helping you financially. The second reason is that I am really busy in the process of building my own website, and I'm not good with computers. So it is taking an age. I am also designing and creating my own products, and have many left to do before my website can go live. For these reasons, I am encouraging you to try and do this without my involvement. My involvement could mean delays for you, and I wouldn't want that. If you go alone, I am willing to sell your t-shirts on my website.


I'm sure you agree it's not that hard a task to do on your own. You can also sell your t-shirts from a free blog. The possiblities are endless. But if you want me to take it on, then please say. I'm willing to help, but be prepared for delays in the beginning.


I hope I have not left anything out. Can you tell me what you have decided about protecting your work. Do you want to do it, or do you want me to take responsibility? Either way, I advise you not to waste time in this. If you want me to copyright it under my name, the design will still be yours and I will not use it without your consent. For me it will only mean that I have taken the initiative to protect your design for you.


Think about it carefully Abeer. May Allah guide you to making the right decision. Perform istikhara if you can't decide. : )


Whao! it's way past my bedtime... wa alaykum assalam.
Okay scent of jannah I know to you it isint a hard task but because i never done bussiness nor do i own any money,its basically everythings gonna be for the fisrt time,so for me to take the fisrt step takes me thinking deep again.It seems like you have alot of expirience in this field,so if you dont mind can i hand it over to you and as you said you can get a share of the profit.About the copyright cant you copyright it on my name?
You said you design and create your own product,if you dont mind me asking what do you design and create.salaam alaiykum.See you sooon!
Reply

Snowflake
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
:sl: OK, np inshaAllah.

Before you even asked Abeer, I emailed protectmywork.com and asked them if copyright protection can be transfered to another person's name later. I asked them this as I felt you may delay it and lose your work, therefore I had thought about taking the initiative and then of course transfering the copyright to your name.


Their reply (just checked email) is:

"I am afraid we only accept works from an author. However, in uk law , you can certainly transfer copyright to your friend should u wish."


It seems only the account holder can submit the work, but can later transfer the copyright to another person. (Please feel free to email protectmywork.com with the same query if you wish to.)


You have two options:

1. Send me your details (name/address) and let me register the design in your name (your account).

2. Allow me to register the design in my account and then transfer it to you.


It would help me if you choose the second option for the following reasons:


1. If I open the account in my name, I can protect your, and my own work in the same account, and ofcourse transfer it to your name as soon as poss.(I have some designs and poetry I want to copyright.)

2. It would cost me twice as much and affect my budget if I have to open a separate account to protect my own work.


It's up to you however.


Here is cost of registration from protectmywork.com
Copyright Registration Cost?

Protect My Work keep costs simple and very good value for money. Our copyright registration charges are simply:

A fixed fee of £ 25 per year, for account setup and maintenance (this fee does not increase with the number of files you register with us)

A £1 token is required for each piece of work registered. You can register up to 5 individual files with one token. This is a one-off cost NOT an annual charge.

Register today and receive 5 free tokens, that's up to 25 files protected for FREE!

Hope to hear from you soon inshaAllah.

P.S. I keep forgetting to ask, are you a sis/bro? Your profile says sis, but I thought Abeer is a boys name. And, which country are you in?


:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: OK, np inshaAllah.

Before you even asked Abeer, I emailed protectmywork.com and asked them if copyright protection can be transfered to another person's name later. I asked them this as I felt you may delay it and lose your work, therefore I had thought about taking the initiative and then of course transfering the copyright to your name.


Their reply (just checked email) is:

"I am afraid we only accept works from an author. However, in uk law , you can certainly transfer copyright to your friend should u wish."


It seems only the account holder can submit the work, but can later transfer the copyright to another person. (Please feel free to email protectmywork.com with the same query if you wish to.)


You have two options:

1. Send me your details (name/address) and let me register the design in your name (your account).

2. Allow me to register the design in my account and then transfer it to you.


It would help me if you choose the second option for the following reasons:


1. If I open the account in my name, I can protect your, and my own work in the same account, and ofcourse transfer it to your name as soon as poss.(I have some designs and poetry I want to copyright.)

2. It would cost me twice as much and affect my budget if I have to open a separate account to protect my own work.


It's up to you however.


Here is cost of registration from protectmywork.com



Hope to hear from you soon inshaAllah.

P.S. I keep forgetting to ask, are you a sis/bro? Your profile says sis, but I thought Abeer is a boys name. And, which country are you in?


:wa:
Okay scenteds of jannah thank you, i understand i will take option two..
And after copyright whats your next step with my design .Are you a designer?My profile doesnt say female but im a female Abeer is a female name
and are you male or female?
Reply

Snowflake
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
:sl: MashaAllah. I'm glad to hear you're a sis. :D It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm female too.

Jazaki Allah for choosing the second option. After copyright protection, there will be a gap in which I hope to complete my site. I have already purchased a business subsciption for my online shop, so I need to have the shop live or else I'll be paying for nothing. This is why I mentioned there may be delays. However all this doesn't mean that you can't enter your design into competitions. In fact you should do that with confidence whilst stating it is copyrighted. And no, I'm not a designer Abeer. I never have to sit down and think of a design. It's all down to the blessings of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala Who just puts ideas into my head. Al hamdulillah.

And finally Abeer, inshaAllah I will give your design its due and put every effort into making it a success for you inshaAllah. But please remember we can only try, it is Allah who gives success to whom He wills and loss to whom He wills. Sometimes He tests us. Patience is one of the greatest virtues in the eyes of Allah. I have been struggling with materials for my designs for over a year, and it is only recently the doors opened for me just enough to get my foot in. The key is to be continually grateful to Allah, even when things don't seem to be going the way we want. Only He knows what is right for us and when. We always realise later that a certain event happened at the right time and if it had happened when we wanted it, it would have been futile for us in the long run.

I will register your design for copyright protection tomorrow inshaAllah and send you a screen shot. My beddy time.

Fi aman Allah.

:wa:
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 05:21 AM
:sl: I meant to ask you if the design is entirely your own work or it contains parts of someone else's work? If the latter, then you need their permission before you use their work. I'd appreciate it if you can let me know asap. If all is well I can then proceed with the application.

Another thing with copyright protection is that a person has to be an identifiable owner of the work. This means your real details must be linked to your work. I will need these to transfer the copyright to your name anyway. (See underlined part in paragraph below). But if you provide me with your details now, I can straight away register the design in your name and do away with the need for transfer it later. I will also be requiring your bank/paypal details to pay you your share of profits later.


Also, before I click the submit button anwhere, I always run a few searches in case I find better quotes/services elsewhere. I've found another company which allows me to register a single work for a lower price. But what I find more attractive about their service is that unlike the first company, they can be reached via telephone. They also have a postal address. I viewed their offices on google sat. and they look nice and are situated in a nice area/building. I'm waiting for office opening times so that I can phone them and get a better feel of their customer services. I also want to ask them other transfer (just in case) related questions, so that there are no problems in the future.


I will be popping in at intervals to check for your reply inshaAllah.


:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: I meant to ask you if the design is entirely your own work or it contains parts of someone else's work? If the latter, then you need their permission before you use their work. I'd appreciate it if you can let me know asap. If all is well I can then proceed with the application.

Another thing with copyright protection is that a person has to be an identifiable owner of the work. This means your real details must be linked to your work. I will need these to transfer the copyright to your name anyway. (See underlined part in paragraph below). But if you provide me with your details now, I can straight away register the design in your name and do away with the need for transfer it later. I will also be requiring your bank/paypal details to pay you your share of profits later.


Also, before I click the submit button anwhere, I always run a few searches in case I find better quotes/services elsewhere. I've found another company which allows me to register a single work for a lower price. But what I find more attractive about their service is that unlike the first company, they can be reached via telephone. They also have a postal address. I viewed their offices on google sat. and they look nice and are situated in a nice area/building. I'm waiting for office opening times so that I can phone them and get a better feel of their customer services. I also want to ask them other transfer (just in case) related questions, so that there are no problems in the future.


I will be popping in at intervals to check for your reply inshaAllah.


:wa:
Okay my design is entirely my own,you told me you cant copyright it direct from you account on to my name,but my real name is Abeer and what else do you need.And about bank/paypal i wil give it to you later insha-Allah,it will be my farthers account,just want to take permision from my farther first.Jazakallah!
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
abeer123456;]Okay my design is entirely my own
:sl: MashaAllah ok.


you told me you cant copyright it direct from you account on to my name,but my real name is Abeer and what else do you need.
InshaAllah I'll clarify. Previously, I mentioned putting your design under my account and transferring copyrights to your later. But it came to me today that I'll be needing your details later anyway, so if I have them now, I can simply create an account for you with your name & details, give you the password which you can then change and that way the account will be entirely yours. Is this ok with you? I need your full name and address if you want to be able to prove you are the owner of your design should there be an infringement of copyright acts. I also suggest posting yourself a copy of your work and leaving it unopened. This is also known as a poor man's copyright and can help in proving ownership. By the way you didn't tell me your whereabouts. You can PM/email your personal details.


And about bank/paypal i wil give it to you later insha-Allah,it will be my farthers account,just want to take permision from my farther first.Jazakallah!
That's fine, and there is no rush. I will need those when I have to make a money transfer to you.

P.S. I phoned that company but got reply. I am going to call again soon inshaAllah. BBL!


:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: MashaAllah ok.



InshaAllah I'll clarify. Previously, I mentioned putting your design under my account and transferring copyrights to your later. But it came to me today that I'll be needing your details later anyway, so if I have them now, I can simply create an account for you with your name & details, give you the password which you can then change and that way the account will be entirely yours. Is this ok with you? I need your full name and address if you want to be able to prove you are the owner of your design should there be an infringement of copyright acts. I also suggest posting yourself a copy of your work and leaving it unopened. This is also known as a poor man's copyright and can help in proving ownership. By the way you didn't tell me your whereabouts. You can PM/email your personal details.



That's fine, and there is no rush. I will need those when I have to make a money transfer to you.

P.S. I phoned that company but got reply. I am going to call again soon inshaAllah. BBL!


:wa:
Okay scents of jannah thank you so much and where can i get your email adress?
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
:sl:

I'll PM you my email add. For some reason I can't see it in my profile. Talk tonite inshaAllah.
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl:

I'll PM you my email add. For some reason I can't see it in my profile. Talk tonite inshaAllah.
No problem insha-Allah!
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
scents of jannah i have emailed you my details!
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 02:48 PM
:sl: Jazaki Allah, I got your email and have replied.
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 03:13 PM
:sl: Abeer. Just spoke to an advisor at http://www.ipo.gov.uk regarding copyrights. He told me there is no need to do it officially at all as there is no register for copyrights. The method I mentioned before about posting your design to yourself will suffice and stand up in court should there be an infringement of copyrights. The envelope must not be opened. The courts do that if the need arises. Post your design to yourself today!

Hamdulillah this has again reminded me that delays can be a good thing. There is no help except from Allah.
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Forgot to mention that the advisor said put a © in your design. This is the symbol representing copyrights.
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Forgot to mention that the advisor said put a © in your design. This is the symbol representing copyrights.
okay scencts if jannah thank you so very much and what do you mean by post it to myself,do you mean i must post it to my email and dont open it and what about putting a © into the designdo you mean i must add this onto the design.And now please let me know when you are ready to start with the next step with my design.
Reply

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
:sl: You can send yourself an email but it is the postal letter with the date stamped on it that you need. Just put a copy of your work with your name and the date you created it, pop it into an envelope with your name and address on it and put it in a letter/post box. Don't forget to put a stamp on it. It will be delivered back to you with a delivery date stamped on it. Leave it unopened and keep it somewhere safe.

The copyright symbol can be put in a corner/under your design. It doesn't have to big. Just use a font that can be read. Example: '© 2002 John Doe' And you must put your full name on it.



This photographer has used it on his photos to deter people from infrigement of copyrights.



TTYS inshaAllah

:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Aha that sound simple, i will do that and i will let you know when im done!
Reply

Snowflake
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Ok, thank you Abeer.

:wa:
Reply

abeer123456
04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok scents of jannah i am done,just waiting for the it to be posted back to me,here is a pic of what it looks like!Salam Alaikum!
Reply

abeer123456
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
[/IMG]
Reply

abeer123456
04-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry scents of jannah i will try getting that image on later !
Reply

Snowflake
04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
:sl: I look forward to seeing it. BBL inshaAllah.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!