/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How big are we!!!?

------
09-09-2007, 10:32 AM
:salamext:

The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. [Al-Ghaafir 40:57]

{The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind...}

Pretty big, huh? But wait! There's more to the heavens than that!

Here are a few more stars out there:

Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky. It is more than 1000 light years away.
Humbling, isn't it?

Now try to wrap your mind around this...

Below is a Hubble Telescope ultra-deep-field infrared view
of countless entire galaxies billions of light years away!

Below is a close up of one of the darkest regions of the photo above:

The heavens are so vast and great!
How much greater must the Creator be to have created such things?!

We're not even a speck in comparison to the greatness of Allah!
Yet many of us are arrogant and rebellious towards the One Who created us!

If Allah can create all of this, He can surely resurrect us after death.

He is capable of all things and to Him we shall return.

Think about it and fear Allah.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Neelam92
09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
salaam
wow thats amazing
thanks for sharing
take care
neelam
:peace:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2007, 10:40 AM
:sl:
jazakallahu khair sis. thats awesome!!
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
p.s
The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. [Al-Mumin 40:57]
as far as i know there is no surah called surah Al-Mumin (unless its a different name for a surah). there is a surah called al-muminnoon, but thats surah 23., surah 40 is called Gaafir. it should be Gaafir, 40:57.
:)

Woodrow
09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
:w:

And that is just a very small speck of the known universe. With even the best telescopes there are only a few "windows" through which we can see into galactic space. To the naked eye these few windows can be covered with a small coin held out at arms length and looking at the sky.

HUMBLING

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
09-09-2007, 12:02 PM

wow SubhanAllaah, makin me feel really tiny :-\

wonder how an ant must feel. :X

Germ. Atom ? :muddlehea

format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
Yet many of us are arrogant and rebellious towards the One Who created us!
those who do that r like a kid who swears at and disobeys his parents coz he dont like following th rules. n then struttin around th house confidently thinking he is so sensible, cool, and independent. widout givin a thot to what his parents have done for him, and continue to do for him. :thumbs_do

How silly.

May Allah forgive us :cry:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2007, 12:16 PM
sorry sis, you got it wrong again....
The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. [Al-Ghaafir 40:57]
it's just gaafir. no al.
:sunny:

------
09-09-2007, 12:16 PM

May Allah forgive us
Ameen Thumma Ameen.

------
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
sorry sis, you got it wrong again....

it's just gaafir. no al.
:sunny:

http://www.--------------/quran/

:) Its Al Ghaafir sis :)

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
lol...really, i just looked it up in 2 qurans, and it say's Gaafir.
anyways.....^o):sunny:

InToTheRain
09-09-2007, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

HUMBLING
Nice summary of my feelings in one word!

HUMBLING

Ayatul Kursi came to mind as I saw it...

"Do you know which verse (Ayah) in God's book (Qur'an) is Greatest?" he asked and then showed his approval when he was told that this was Ayat-ul-Kursi (Verse of the Throne)," reports Ubayy ibn Ka'b (R). (Collected by Muslim)

"Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime,the Tremendous. "

3ARABY_2005
09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
سبحان الله
سبحان الله

جزاكم الله خيرا

guyabano
09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
And this makes it rather easy to see, that there might be other civilizations in this huge space. Besides, if there would be a god, and we really would be alone, why then this big waste of space?

------
09-09-2007, 01:38 PM

How do you know that is a waste of space?! There might be people in other galaxies that scientists are not aware of yet :)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2007, 01:39 PM
subhanALlah !

H4RUN
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM

SubhanaAllah!

Them big balls just look like the jaw breakers i used to eat as a kidda!

And yeah...that's just what's known in the uniuniuniuniverse...Now think of the unseen parts of the universe!
Mmmm i must say i like the milkyway!:D

guyabano
09-09-2007, 01:56 PM

How do you know that is a waste of space?! There might be people in other galaxies that scientists are not aware of yet :)
Yep, but then would the words 'Allah created humans according to his image' get a new meaning, wouldn't it? Or do you think he would create a human looling like us, twice?

------
09-09-2007, 02:02 PM

I don't get what u are trying to say. Expand please?

Abdul-Raouf
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Reply to the main article:

Yes they are really big... but

ALLAH'TALA likes us-humans the most than all other creations....
and out of all the creations ... HIS best creation is a human - Our Prophet Muhammad (SAS)
(how much we should thank HIM for his affection.... r we thanking HIM ?
r we sincere to HIM)

HE loves us... r we Loving HIM?.. Love ALLAH - by Obeying HIM...

Jazakallah Khair sister......

Woodrow
09-09-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Yep, but then would the words 'Allah created humans according to his image' get a new meaning, wouldn't it? Or do you think he would create a human looling like us, twice?
Sorry but we do not believe we are created in the image of Allah(swt) The image of Allah(swt) is beyond human understanding.

guyabano
09-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Sorry but we do not believe we are created in the image of Allah(swt) The image of Allah(swt) is beyond human understanding.
hmmm, so it is in the bible then? I know I read it somewhere !?

Abdul-Raouf
09-09-2007, 02:41 PM
^^ And for us muslims ... its prohibited to think about HIS image,looks..

S_87
09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
And this makes it rather easy to see, that there might be other civilizations in this huge space. Besides, if there would be a god, and we really would be alone, why then this big waste of space?
Peace

mankind is not the only creation of Allah

SubhanaAllah to the first post though, Allah subhana wa Ta'ala has given us so much

Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding.
Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.
3:190-191

Caller الداعي
09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
makes u think huh!
where we stand with our small worldy problems!
and is install for us to come!!!
Allah forgives those who turn to Him

3ARABY_2005
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
why you are SO LIMITED :D ?

u missed that Allah ( swt ) mentioned that (( The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. [Al-Ghaafir 40:57] ))

and u saw the pix...and saw how much we r samll..and how much the space is great.

but to avoid been touched by Allah's words...u block ur mind and u search for things out of ur control....just to say after u fail to understand them :oh..then there is no god.

have a good day :D

kwolney01
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
wow all I can say is only Allah is capable of doing such a beautiful thing like that

UnknownMuslim
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Allah's creation is amazing. Recently, I went to the planetarium in Greenwich, SubhanAllah the universe is amazing. We are so far away from many galaxies...its just mind mind-boggling.

Ghira
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
SubhanAllah!!! How perfect is Allah (swt).

In tafsir of Ayatul Qursi I heard that the Qursi of Allah bigger than the heavens and the earth.

JazakAllahu khaira for the post...That is truly amazing. We are really a single dot in comparision to the other creations.

Oh and one thing for the athiest how can all that come about by evolutionary chance???

Makky
09-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Great post .....Wallahi
jazakum allahu khyran

unknown_JJ
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
subhanallah kool

Md Mashud
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Universe was made for man. You may see it as a lot of waste - but do you know how much humans benefited by studying the universe scientifically? It has a great bearing on human life, just being able to create a telescope and see stuff - May make one get filled with awe at the creation - become humble - The study gives on logical reason to question existance of such vast amount of beuty....

I for one, believe the Universe has not any waste to it, everything has a reason behind it, I do believe it helps on believe in God, somhow... Which indeed, was at the end of the day, the test laid down on the table for us.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2007, 03:20 AM
did you have to put in your anti-god comment. the sister just wanted to simply share these photos that she thought was amazing. but no, you just had to comment negativley. this isn't the comp religion section.

Malaikah
09-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Heaps of reasons! Let's see how many I can think of...

1. A sign for mankind so they do not underestimate the Greatness of Allah.
2. An adornment. Allah says in the Quran: "And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps" [chapter 67 verse 5] (Lamps here means starts).
3. Room for the angles to worship. The prophet once mentioned that there is not a inch of sky expect that there is an angel worshipping in that space. (or something to that effect...)

Pygoscelis
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
So... I learned something today.

Uranus is bigger than the earth.

جوري
09-10-2007, 06:14 AM
that is what happens when an attempt at clever turns oh so blasé!

rozeena
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
woooooooooooow! that is totaly amazing.:) :) :)

beespreeteam
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
awesome!

do you have a link to this or something?

jzk :)

------
09-10-2007, 11:13 AM

The Source is at the bottom of the post :)

chaste
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
wow that was relly interesting. subahanAllah

beespreeteam
09-10-2007, 11:40 AM

The Source is at the bottom of the post :)
Sorry, msuitve missed it :(

jzk

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM

SubhanAllah, amazing!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Universe was made for man. You may see it as a lot of waste - but do you know how much humans benefited by studying the universe scientifically?
i was just wondering, theres so much humans dont know or understand. So much yet to discover, just as the sun brightens up our land and aids us greatly isnt it possible that each and every planet/star and rock in the universe somehow works together to aid the functions of our own solar system but we simply havent discovered enough to understand it...

Woodrow
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i was just wondering, theres so much humans dont know or understand. So much yet to discover, just as the sun brightens up our land and aids us greatly isnt it possible that each and every planet/star and rock in the universe somehow works together to aid the functions of our own solar system but we simply havent discovered enough to understand it...
The science of quantum physics seems to be verifying that. The movement of even one atom any place in the universe has an eventual effect on the entire universe. Sort of like the "Butterfly Effect" a butterfly flapping it's wings in South America can alter the weather in the rest of the world.

All though this quote comes from "Chaos Theory" it is a fair representation of some of the things the study of Astro-physics and quantum physics is now finding.

So it does seem probably that things we will never see are made for the eventual impact they have on us.

The butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a nonlinear dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. So this is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill might roll into any of several valleys depending on slight differences in initial position.

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.

Recurrence, the approximate return of a system towards its initial conditions, together with sensitive dependence on initial conditions are the two main ingredients for chaotic motion. They have the practical consequence of making complex systems, such as the weather, difficult to predict past a certain time range (approximately a week in the case of weather).
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

A few words on Quantum physics:

As we are dealing with a scientific theory, it is necessary to begin by stating the central Principles of the 'Metaphysics of Space and Motion and the Wave Structure of Matter', which describe how Matter exists in Space as a Spherical Standing Wave and interacts with other Matter in the Space around it. From this foundation we can then deduce the solutions to many problems currently found in Quantum Theory caused by this ancient concept that matter exists as 'particles'.
Source: http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physic...-Mechanics.htm

although many of those studies are still only theory, observations are showing that every thing in the universe affects us and/or future generations. It all has a purpose.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
^ WOWW!!!!! THANKS JAZAKALLAH KHAIR :D

that was an amazing read !!! AMAZING!!

czgibson
09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Greetings,

It's a good sequence of pictures, that. I've seen it before and it's definitely very humbling. It doesn't convince me there is a god, but it does convince me that the universe is big.

Douglas Adams put it another way:

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Peace

------
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM

Yeh but u saying all of that came about by chance...? Come on :-\

sevgi
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It's a good sequence of pictures, that. I've seen it before and it's definitely very humbling. It doesn't convince me there is a god, but it does convince me that the universe is big.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Peace
lol...

at least u were convinced of something...

peace

czgibson
09-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Greetings,

No, I'm not, but never mind.

If you want to debate the Argument from Design, I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the forum where you can do so.

Peace

جوري
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
lol what's that supposed to mean?

Refer to these verses:

36:40

The obital system has been known to modern astrologists very recently, recently as in maybe a few hundred years. If that's not a sign from Allah then I don't know what is.
I don't think it makes much of a difference to an atheist.. what anyone considers a sign they consider superfluous.. as Allah states in various verses in the Quran, including suret Al Baqara

هَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلاَّ أَن يَأْتِيَهُمُ اللّهُ فِي ظُلَلٍ مِّنَ الْغَمَامِ وَالْمَلآئِكَةُ وَقُضِيَ الأَمْرُ وَإِلَى اللّهِ تُرْجَعُ الأمُورُ {210}
[Pickthal 2:210] Wait they for naught else than that Allah should come unto them in the shadows of the clouds with the angels? Then the case would be already judged. All cases go back to Allah (for judgment).

The thing that commoves me however, is why they participate in topics, distinctly for the purpose of expressing astonishment at all the splendor of the universe and its creation only to certify that there is no God and then ask the members to go speak of 'intelligent design' one some other thread as this is not the place for it.. well if not here where? Perhaps the fiscal responsibility forum?.... but, I'll name it in two words 'unmitigated effrontery'

Ramadan Kareem to all the Muslims

noodles
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Oh his novels were quite a good read :) I really enjoyed his sense of humor. They were very thought provoking too.

siFilam
09-11-2007, 01:06 AM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:.

Wow, SubhanAllah, the greatness of Allah (SWT) is evident through His Creation.
Can someone clarify this for me: These stars are in the first haven, right? And I know there are seven heavens that Allah has created. And His Throne “extend over the heavens and the earth” (2:255). So Allah’s Throne covers all heavens….Plz clarify this for me. Am I right? If I am, can you imagine how big Allah’s Throne is? How can we not be humbled before such greatness? SubhanAllah.

Wasalam
-SI-

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2007, 10:45 AM
^ i thought about this greatly sister, and then i heard in an awlaki lecture and he used sources from ibn katheers al bidaaya wannihayaa which states that this whole universe will be roled up, and the earth will be stretched a great stretching as a simple plain surface where we stand before our lord.

You might be thinking what this has to do with seeing the stars right? :) Well im saying that the stars we see now could be the stars of jannah, but they arent in the form in which we'll see them in the hereafter. Remember we cant contemplate the beauty of anything in heaven, so how can something we can see be a part of heaven... right? :)

so i think things will form into how they are meant to be after the rolling up... inshaAllah

i could be very wrong :uuh:

czgibson
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
The thing that commoves me however, is why they participate in topics, distinctly for the purpose of expressing astonishment at all the splendor of the universe and its creation only to certify that there is no God and then ask the members to go speak of 'intelligent design' one some other thread as this is not the place for it.. well if not here where? Perhaps the fiscal responsibility forum?.... but, I'll name it in two words 'unmitigated effrontery'
This is the General forum, not Comparative Religion. If you're not happy with me giving an opinion, fine - I couldn't care less.

Peace

جوري
09-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Greetings,

This is the General forum, not Comparative Religion. If you're not happy with me giving an opinion, fine - I couldn't care less.

Peace
Why do you quote me if you couldn't care less? the act of doing so seems to defeat its own purpose?!-- with that said, what makes you think my comment was directed toward you (CZ) and not an all comprehensive of you as well as others like you; who introduce themselves in a subtle manner only to impose that which they decry, i.e discussing some ancillary topic, injecting their own beliefs or lackthereof and then telling others to take their opinion else where?

Pygoscelis
09-12-2007, 02:31 AM

I just admit I don't know. Its much more comfortalbe, and honest, that way.

Sarada
09-12-2007, 02:37 AM
This is fascinating beyond words. Where did you get these pictures?

Haidar_Abbas
09-12-2007, 05:02 PM

soubhanAllah waAllahu Akbar!

jizakAllahu khayr for sharin this

------
12-06-2007, 10:46 AM

*bump

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
JazakAllaah...awesome, more than awesome...SubhanAllaah...

hard to even imagine...

Takbeer...

------
12-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Allaahu Akbar!

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
^lol, Masha'Allaah...

syilla
12-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Subhanallah...

it is true that i should have the 'fear' imsad.

May Allah subhanahuwata'ala forgive me / us for everything that i /we have done.

ranma1/2
12-14-2007, 02:34 AM
its amazing that at one time we thought we were the center of the universe.

ranma1/2
12-14-2007, 02:36 AM
did you like Contact? you seem to be qouting it.

I agree.

If we are the only life here and a god made everything for us. It seems like a big waste of space.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-14-2007, 03:40 AM
must the thread be ruined?
If we are the only life here and a god made everything for us. It seems like a big waste of space.
well maybe god has some other reason for creating this large space unnecessary for us humans to know. cant you just look at it with admiration instead of doubting and over questioning?

barney
12-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Any Idea what all that space is used for?

Seems a lot of work there just for little old us!

BTW, The furthest we can see into the universe is
4004605284000000000000000000000 Meters.
Then we have to start using radiography, which takes the known universe into gigaparsecs. And thats not small.

snakelegs
12-14-2007, 03:52 AM
thanks for posting - helps to put things in perspective!

syilla
12-14-2007, 05:19 AM

I just don't understand why you want to question the empty 'spaces'. :blind:

Is His...and he can do whatever He wants.

Do you think people can question the way you decorate your house?:blind:

barney
12-14-2007, 05:23 AM
LMAO! i like it, nice analogy!

zena_a
12-14-2007, 07:20 AM
asalam 3alaykom. la ilah ila allah. subhan allah.

------
12-14-2007, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Do you think people can question the way you decorate your house?:blind:

Lol Subhaan Allaah! Wicked Example Jazaak Allaah Khayr! :coolious:

Trumble
12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

In that context, what is the 'official' muslim position, as much as there is one, on the possibility of life elsewhere in the Universe? Is it possible that there are other inhabited planets, with intelligent species, all of whom are creations of God just as much as man, and who had/have their own Prophets and Qur'an's? Or, in other words, that there could be alien muslims? Or would that concept be haraam ?

------
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM

^^^ Everyone was sent Prophets/Messages to guide them.

Woodrow
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
In that context, what is the 'official' muslim position, as much as there is one, on the possibility of life elsewhere in the Universe? Is it possible that there are other inhabited planets, with intelligent species, all of whom are creations of God just as much as man, and who had/have their own Prophets and Qur'an's? Or, in other words, that there could be alien muslims? Or would that concept be haraam ?
I do not see any problem with that. I can not find anything in the Qur'an or Hadith that would be violated if that is the case.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It could be. Ive contemplated over such matters before. Its possible that Allaah has created other species and given them tests similar to us. But since Allaah has not confirmed anything for us we leave it at question marks.

But i do believe that this dunya is our place for the test and we wont inhabit - experience life elsewhere. What does the word "dunya" imply? i always understood it to be this blue earth of ours, but it could encompass more...

Allahu A'lam

Peace !

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 01:17 AM
What does the word "dunya" imply? i always understood it to be this blue earth of ours, but it could encompass more...
As a side thing, concerning the meaning of the word 'dunya' in arabic:

Affirming the sifah (attribute) of hayaat (Life) for Allaah, and that His life is one of perfection, neither preceded by ‘adam nor coming come to naught nor characterized by imperfection. On the contrary, our life originates in ‘adam and will come to an end, and it is accompanied by imperfection. If fact, all of our life is imperfect, and that is why Allaah described it by ad-dunya.*
----------
*Ad-Dunya (fem. of adnaa): Denoting what is low or inferior.
Tafseer Aayatil Kursi (Explanation/Interpretation of Aayat al-Kursi) By Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih Al-’Uthaymeen With Related Points of Benefit

From the Shaykh’s Commentary on Imaam ibn Taymeeyah’s Sharhul ’Aqeedatil-Waasitiyyah. Prepared by Dr. Saleh As-Saleh

interesting, huh?

snakelegs
12-15-2007, 01:33 AM
interesting - i never knew that about the word duniya. (it's used in urdu too and i think it's a pretty word)

------
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11

As a side thing, concerning the meaning of the word 'dunya' in arabic:

Tafseer Aayatil Kursi (Explanation/Interpretation of Aayat al-Kursi) By Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih Al-’Uthaymeen With Related Points of Benefit

From the Shaykh’s Commentary on Imaam ibn Taymeeyah’s Sharhul ’Aqeedatil-Waasitiyyah. Prepared by Dr. Saleh As-Saleh

interesting, huh?

Wow, Jazaak Allaah Khayr. Interesting.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
no problems!!!!:D

genki
12-15-2007, 12:38 PM
quite interesting.

------
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM

*BUMP!!!!!!!!!*

AvarAllahNoor
01-19-2008, 08:57 PM
''Dharti Hor Parae Hor Hor - Beyond this planet there are other planets and beyond''

Mikayeel
01-19-2008, 09:12 PM
wa alekum alsalaam wa rahmat allah wa barakatahu!, nice post first time seeing it:)

sur
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
hmmm, so it is in the bible then? I know I read it somewhere !?
Yes bible says that man was created after God's looks. Bible also says God is spirit. We believe spirits r just a creation of God , NOT God Himself.

Quran says 112:4"There's NOTHING like unto to HIM" So if a single thing other than God is spirit then God is NOT spirit coz there's is NOTHING like HIM.

Danah
01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Subhan Allah
thanks sis for sharing, jazaki allah khair

The_Prince
01-24-2008, 04:27 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!! ANTARESSSSSSSSSSSSS IS HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! !!!!!

i bet they will soon find a star or planet which will make antares look tiny! we cud send all of humanity to that star and we wud still have so much space! each human could even have their own country on antares!

------
02-18-2008, 10:04 AM

*BUMP

:D

AhlaamBella
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
wow subhanAllah :) great images sis

true believer
02-18-2008, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=piXie;826052]:sl:

wow SubhanAllaah, makin me feel really tiny :-\

wonder how an ant must feel. :X

Germ. Atom ? :muddlehea

:lol: i agree, i never realised how small we are compared
to planets and stuff. wow scary!

adeeb
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Qul subhanallah!!

aamirsaab
02-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Subhanallah. Such is the beauty of God; not only on earth but in the farthest reaches of space does His beauty reach.

Na7lah
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM

mashallah!

------
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM

...BuMp...

Güven
06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
SUBHANALLAH Never knew that stars like antares , betelgeuse and pollux existed , Look at How GIGANTIC they Are in Comparison With the Sun:eek:
And I tought that the sun Was the biggest star LOL
I suppose they are even waaaaaaaaaaay bigger than the antares somewhere In the universe :exhausted

Al-Zaara
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Ah, this made me remember 5th grade. That's when I made a 34 pages long project about all this stuff, I still got it saved somewhere... Back then I wanted to be an astronomer. lol

The universe is amazing, innit.

Whatsthepoint
06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Mind-blowing!!

Güven
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
^Subhanallah Look At Our Tiny little sun:giggling:

aadil77
06-16-2008, 09:01 PM
subhanAllah

but are we supposed to reffer to them as the heavens?

------
06-17-2008, 08:03 AM

I think so bro...as the Qur'aan says; "...the heavens and the earth..."

Allaahu Aalim

------
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM

:bump: InshaaAllaah...

~*Fatima*~
09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Ohhh Wow~! I'd Always Love Astronomy~! That is Sooo Cool. Allah Tallah is Greatest. He has Created So lovely and Magnificent Things. Subanallah~!

barney
09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Thats a massive massive star to create for no reason. I wonder why he gave us such a poxy sun?

جوري
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Who says it is for no reason?
Again, I ask you, why do you think humans are the only thing of importance in the universe?

and again I quote from Suret Al-Insan
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
هَلْ أَتَى عَلَى الْإِنسَانِ حِينٌ مِّنَ الدَّهْرِ لَمْ يَكُن شَيْئًا مَّذْكُورًا {1}
[Yusufali 76:1] Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?

bewildred
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello sisters and brothers. You better go and visit the website of Hubble. It's the hubble Heritage Project. Have a look on the various Nebulas and supernovas. I'm bad at uploading pics. After that, how can some people not believe in Allah??????
http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html

Na7lah
09-04-2008, 09:12 PM

جوري
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM

what the hey let me jump on the bandwagon

bewildred
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
you should try the "Carina Nebula". Mashallah. It's like a perfect painting.

Güven
09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
SubhanAllah I just Love The Galaxy
It makes Me Firm In My deen , I can Watch and Read About It the Whole Day And Not get Bored:statisfie

cihad
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM
wow, i mean I know all this stuff, but to see it like marbles next to each other really blows your mind..........and i was worried about exams!

Insaanah
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
The earth compared to some small and equal sized planets

The earth compared to larger planets

The earth compared to the sun

The sun compared to some of the larger stars. The earth is invisible at this scale.

The sun compared to some of the largest stars

Subhaanallah! Glory be to Allah.

CosmicPathos
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
pretty interesting way to depict the reality. we are to cosmos what electrons are to us.

Sawdah
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
SubhanAllah.

Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the Praises, and glory of allah: to Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs Praise: and He has power over all things.
[Al-Taghabun:1]

Jazakallah Kahir for sharing this.

Misz_Muslimah
04-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing sister Insaan :)

cat eyes
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
earth is so little i cant believe. dose any one believe that there is creatures on those other planets? the one thing that humans cant do is go visit other planets cos of the climates they can only send robots there subhanAllah then people say there is no god how could they believe that

CosmicPathos
04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
earth is so little i cant believe. dose any one believe that there is creatures on those other planets? the one thing that humans cant do is go visit other planets cos of the climates they can only send robots there subhanAllah then people say there is no god how could they believe that
as far as we know there are no other creatures on those planets. Some of Saturn's moon can inhabit life though. Such as Europa. It has frozen oceans under its snowy top layer. I would love to live alone on these planets .... if life was eternal.

cat eyes
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
oh my gosh i would not like to live alone on a planet with just myself id have to marry an alien at least

Güven
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Threads merged. Hope you don't mind

CosmicPathos
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
oh my gosh i would not like to live alone on a planet with just myself id have to marry an alien at least
why? I would not have a time for a partner because exploring these sceneries of contours, shades, mountains and oceans, sun sets, sun rises, etc on these planets all would take most of my time ... i wish i could traverse from one planet to another just by jumping around in the space ... and maybe someday reach the corners of the ever expanding universe ... it will be an honor.

Danah
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
SubhanAllah!! actually we are nothing compared to this huge universe

It just reminded me of a similar thread I posted in Arabic section with more detailed here:

I wish that article can be found in English because it make you ponder over the greatness of the creation in an amazing way, yet there are those who are still denying that this universe was created!! subhanAllah its all clear there is no need to be so clever to figure it out.
May Allah guide them this is all what I can say

islamirama
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

what the hey let me jump on the bandwagon

Woodrow
04-05-2010, 12:46 AM

And now stop and ponder going in the opposite direction to the smallest particle of creation. We humans are approximately midway in size between the largest and smallest known objects. There is as much difference in size between you and the smallest particle as there is between you and the largest star.

Then reflect on the thought that Allaah(swt) knows the exact location of every particle created the smallest and the largest and also knows were each has been at any point in the past and were it will be at any point in the future.

How many subatomic particles do you know the individual exact loction of?

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 12:53 AM

And now stop and ponder going in the opposite direction to the smallest particle of creation. We humans are approximately midway in size between the largest and smallest known objects. There is as much difference in size between you and the smallest particle as there is between you and the largest star.

Then reflect on the thought that Allaah(swt) knows the exact location of every particle created the smallest and the largest and also knows were each has been at any point in the past and were it will be at any point in the future.

How many subatomic particles do you know the individual exact loction of?
indeed. As I said previously, we are to cosmos what electrons are to us.

Salahudeen
04-05-2010, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

WOW SUBHANALLAH!! Do they not look at the heavens and all that is around them and ponder?? surely in this are signs for men of understanding.

Those who lie on their backs looking up at the sky and creation whilst thinking "our lord you did not create all of this for no purpose"

those words just came to my mind :hmm: if some 1 could find me the quranic verse where it says what I mentioned that would be great :p

Alpha Dude
04-05-2010, 01:13 AM
^ It doesn't actually stop there. The milky way is just a galaxy. Galaxies sit in clusters of galaxies which usually are made up of about 50-1000 galaxies and the universe has many hundreds if not thousands of galaxy clusters.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Salahudeen
04-05-2010, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
^ It doesn't actually stop there. The milky way is just a galaxy. Galaxies sit in clusters of galaxies which usually are made up of about 50-1000 galaxies and the universe has many hundreds if not thousands of galaxy clusters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7wNQw12l8
subhanallah do you think there's life there??

maybe that's why in Fatiha we say "lord of all the worlds"

maybe there's many different worlds out there!!

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
subhanallah do you think there's life there??

maybe that's why in Fatiha we say "lord of all the worlds"

maybe there's many different worlds out there!!
From what I know from astronomy background, there is no evidence that life exists else where. Islamically I also dont think there is intelligent life out there.

islamirama
04-05-2010, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
From what I know from astronomy background, there is no evidence that life exists else where. Islamically I also dont think there is intelligent life out there.
"And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the living creatures He has scattered through them." (42.29)

And: "The seven heavens and the earth, and beings therein, declare his glory." (17:44)

These verses indicate that there is life in some form or other planets in the galaxies. Until scientific means become more sophisticated to make this discovery, this Quranic statement will remain an unfulfilled prophecy.

http://www.ummah.com/islam/taqwapala...nce/aliens.htm

SMA89
04-05-2010, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7wNQw12l8

Yup theres billions of galaxies out there.. It kind of scares me to see how small we actually are.
I also want to know whats out there but the technology we have today is not good enough to understand and see the whole universe :(. So I try not to think about it at all.

جوري
04-05-2010, 02:59 AM
“My heavens and my earth cannot encompass me, only the heart
of My faithful servant can encompass Me.” Hadith Qudsi
for those of you feeling small!

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 03:35 AM
"And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the living creatures He has scattered through them." (42.29)

And: "The seven heavens and the earth, and beings therein, declare his glory." (17:44)

These verses indicate that there is life in some form or other planets in the galaxies. Until scientific means become more sophisticated to make this discovery, this Quranic statement will remain an unfulfilled prophecy.

http://www.ummah.com/islam/taqwapala...nce/aliens.htm
If intelligent life exists else where then it necessitates the conclusion that Prophet Muhammad pbuh is not the last prophet, which of course is wrong. How did I arrive to this conclusion? We have no evidence that Prophet Muhammad pbuh gave his message to intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. He is the last Prophet for mankind (and for every sort of life). If intelligent life exists elsewhere, are they aware of the Quran? if yes then how did they get the Quran? No hadith reports that Prophet Muhammad pbuh travelled intergalactically. The story of Miraj is to the heavens but Prophet Muhammad pbuh never met alien life in the Miraj. So surely Allah swt would not leave this aliens to misguidance and would have sent them Prophets too. But we know all Prophets were sent to man, as mentioned in Quran, none was sent for intelligent life outside of Earth. So there are two possibilities: 1- intelligent life does not exist, 2- It exists and Allah swt sent them Prophets but did not tell us in the Quran. 2 seems implausible because Quran tells us that Muhammad pbuh is Prophet for all the "worlds." These worlds surely contain "alien worlds" if they existed ...

Of course, jinns could traverse the galaxies and they are the only intelligent life I can fathom of in the universe aside from us.

جوري
04-05-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Any Idea what all that space is used for?

would you like to live here:

or here:

if you can help it?

lol at some of the questions that atheists ask.. as puny as their minds are puny!

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 03:46 AM
Another aspect is the dark matter! Most of the universe is made of dark matter which we can neither see or observe at the moment and can only detect indirectly ... Imagine the possibilities .... puts me in awe and desiring of being able to travel from one end to the other in my lifetime which is only wishful thinking.... .... Forget renting out a Cessna to flyby the mighty Himalayans for mystical experiences, talk about dwelling in the super novae :p

islamirama
04-05-2010, 04:21 AM
If intelligent life exists else where then it necessitates the conclusion that Prophet Muhammad pbuh is not the last prophet, which of course is wrong. How did I arrive to this conclusion? We have no evidence that Prophet Muhammad pbuh gave his message to intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. He is the last Prophet for mankind (and for every sort of life). If intelligent life exists elsewhere, are they aware of the Quran? if yes then how did they get the Quran? No hadith reports that Prophet Muhammad pbuh travelled intergalactically. The story of Miraj is to the heavens but Prophet Muhammad pbuh never met alien life in the Miraj. So surely Allah swt would not leave this aliens to misguidance and would have sent them Prophets too. But we know all Prophets were sent to man, as mentioned in Quran, none was sent for intelligent life outside of Earth. So there are two possibilities: 1- intelligent life does not exist, 2- It exists and Allah swt sent them Prophets but did not tell us in the Quran. 2 seems implausible because Quran tells us that Muhammad pbuh is Prophet for all the "worlds." These worlds surely contain "alien worlds" if they existed ...
Your belief is based on your limited knowledge and assumptions.

Allah sends Messengers from your own people to guide you. Prophet Muhammad (S) was a human and would be the last Messenger to MANkind.

Please show proof as to where it says Prophet Muhammad (S) was sent as prophet for all 'worlds' because he was not. Prophet Solomon was sent as a prophet for his people (humans) and for jinns (jinn world). He was given ability to talk to animals but he was not sent as a prophet to them.

Life is out there as Allah says we have created heavens and earth and spread life therein. As for it being intelligent or not, that is hidden knowledge that we do not have. Best leave that topic alone...

Dagless
04-05-2010, 04:43 AM

Allah sends Messengers from your own people to guide you. Prophet Muhammad (S) was a human and would be the last Messenger to MANkind.

Please show proof as to where it says Prophet Muhammad (S) was sent as prophet for all 'worlds' because he was not. Prophet Solomon was sent as a prophet for his people (humans) and for jinns (jinn world). He was given ability to talk to animals but he was not sent as a prophet to them.

Life is out there as Allah says we have created heavens and earth and spread life therein. As for it being intelligent or not, that is hidden knowledge that we do not have. Best leave that topic alone...
I believe the brother is speaking of 21:107 - "And we have sent you not but as a mercy for the Alamin".

The word Alamin encompasses everything in existence except Allah and therefore would cover aliens also.

edit: This confused me too because as far as I knew the Quran was written for humans and jinn (which I still think it is), but I suppose he has a point about the prophet (pbuh) not visiting other planets etc. I don't think this ends the argument either way though.

islamirama
04-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Lets say Prophet (S) was sent for Jinns and Humans but what about angels? sine alamin includes all of the creation. Anyways, i guess we can say there is life out there but whether intelligent or not is another matter.

Al-`Alamin is plural for `Alam, which encompasses everything in existence except Allah. The word `Alam is itself a plural word, having no singular form. The `Alamin are different creations that exist in the heavens and the earth, on land and at sea. Every generation of creation is called an `Alam. Al-Farra` and Abu `Ubayd said, "`Alam includes all that has a mind, the Jinns, mankind, the angels and the devils, but not the animals.'' Also, Zayd bin Aslam and Abu Muhaysin said, `Alam includes all that Allah has created with a soul.''

Woodrow
04-05-2010, 05:05 AM
When I was living in Texas and had my "Monster" PC hooked up I was very active in SETI and did quite a bit of number crunching for them. My section of the sky was no more than a pin head to the naked eye, but contained millions (Millions) of galaxies (galaxies, not single stars) in that little space there are trillions of stars, of course the closest ones to us are many thousands of light years distance from us.

When we look out into deep space the distances are so vast we are not seeing what is, we are seeing what was. The closest star to us, (Excluding the Sun) is Alpha Centauri and it is approximately 3 light years distance from us. When we view it, we are seeing it as it was 3 years ago, not as it is today.

If it does turn out there is intelligent outside earth it most likely will be a minimum of 10,000 years light years distance from us. If some how we got any radio communication from them, it will be at least 10,000 years old by the time it reaches us. Communication with extraterrestrial life, if it exists, does not seem to be very probable.

Dagless
04-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Lets say Prophet (S) was sent for Jinns and Humans but what about angels? sine alamin includes all of the creation. Anyways, i guess we can say there is life out there but whether intelligent or not is another matter.
Being a mercy for something and being sent to give a message are different things. Plants and animals are a part of creation too, maybe he (pbuh) was a mercy to them, but obviously was not a messenger to them (the same could go for angels and the rest of creation), but this is just a possibility... I'm sure someone has researched more into this.

When I was living in Texas and had my "Monster" PC hooked up I was very active in SETI and did quite a bit of number crunching for them. My section of the sky was no more than a pin head to the naked eye, but contained millions (Millions) of galaxies (galaxies, not single stars) in that little space there are trillions of stars, of course the closest ones to us are many thousands of light years distance from us.

When we look out into deep space the distances are so vast we are not seeing what is, we are seeing what was. The closest star to us, (Excluding the Sun) is Alpha Centauri and it is approximately 3 light years distance from us. When we view it, we are seeing it as it was 3 years ago, not as it is today.

If it does turn out there is intelligent outside earth it most likely will be a minimum of 10,000 years light years distance from us. If some how we got any radio communication from them, it will be at least 10,000 years old by the time it reaches us. Communication with extraterrestrial life, if it exists, does not seem to be very probable.
Reminded me of...

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 05:51 AM
^^ nice one.

CosmicPathos
04-05-2010, 05:53 AM

I might have limited knowledge but I await you to produce a strong argument in this regards which makes it sufficiently probable that from Islamic perspective we can believe that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe. Till you do that, I am happy with my limited knowledge as a human.

But of course my belief in Islam does not depend on what Quran predicts regarding aliens.

cat eyes
04-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I might have limited knowledge but I await you to produce a strong argument in this regards which makes it sufficiently probable that from Islamic perspective we can believe that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe. Till you do that, I am happy with my limited knowledge as a human.

But of course my belief in Islam does not depend on what Quran predicts regarding aliens.
but where are you getting evidence that there is no life? have you been there ;D scientists cant even rule anything out yet so how you can

breezes
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
jazakumallah kheer for amazing post
subhan allah al-azeem
have a nice day

CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 12:28 AM
but where are you getting evidence that there is no life? have you been there ;D scientists cant even rule anything out yet so how you can
well I did not say I have evidence. But in the realm of science, nothing exists till evidence shows that it exists. Following that train of thought, alien life does not exist till we have conclusive evidence that it exists.

islamirama
04-07-2010, 04:26 AM
What is science but educated guesses, some only guesses (theories) others proved true? Realm of science is as limited as human's knowledge. Science changes every day. Today they say so and so and 50yrs from today with more advanced discovery they will totally negate what was said 50yrs ago and say something else. So science does not have absolute truth, it is all speculative. Science measures by the use of 5 senses but than it fails to prove you have a brain because we can't touch, taste, feel, smell or see it. Follow Islam, we know alien life exists. The kuffars can believe it does not exist according to their limited science all they want.

cat eyes
04-09-2010, 02:37 PM
i believe america has found aliens and they are hiding the evidence why is there so many families claiming that something crash landed near there home

cat eyes
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM
well I did not say I have evidence. But in the realm of science, nothing exists till evidence shows that it exists. Following that train of thought, alien life does not exist till we have conclusive evidence that it exists.
who were the first scientists? they were muslims of course and they proved everything from qur'an but later the kafirs took over everything

quran clearly states there is other creatures on other planets

CosmicPathos
04-09-2010, 03:37 PM
who were the first scientists? they were muslims of course and they proved everything from qur'an but later the kafirs took over everything

quran clearly states there is other creatures on other planets
Muslims were not the first scientists, I wish it was true. The oldest record of scientific activity and curiosity goes back to the Roman Empire. Read about Archimedes, he proposed Archimedes principle which describes why certain substances float on water.

CosmicPathos
04-09-2010, 03:40 PM
What is science but educated guesses, some only guesses (theories) others proved true? Realm of science is as limited as human's knowledge. Science changes every day. Today they say so and so and 50yrs from today with more advanced discovery they will totally negate what was said 50yrs ago and say something else. So science does not have absolute truth, it is all speculative. Science measures by the use of 5 senses but than it fails to prove you have a brain because we can't touch, taste, feel, smell or see it. Follow Islam, we know alien life exists. The kuffars can believe it does not exist according to their limited science all they want.
Well ... I think alien life is as subject to scientific investigation as finding an inhibitor for HIV replication. It is not a matter of faith. As much as there are drawbacks in the scientific method, I cannot let my faith take over reasoning in this secular matter of alien existence.

CosmicPathos
04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
i believe america has found aliens and they are hiding the evidence why is there so many families claiming that something crash landed near there home
islam tells us to investigate news before believing in them. Why do you believe US is hiding the evidence? Its just a conspiracy theory.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Amaaazing..Awesome..words undescribeable..SubhaanAllaah..beautiful :)

islamirama
04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Alien life is not a subject of scientific investigation nor is finding an inhibitor of HIV replication, it is a subject of science limitation and level of advancement. It is your faith (islam) that tells you Allah created life and spread it across the universe and it is your science (investigation) that hasn't reached a level of advancement to go out and explore and confirm nor deny it. You're going by the ignorant man's analogy, if i can't prove it nor have the means to then it doesn't exist...

CosmicPathos
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Alien life is not a subject of scientific investigation nor is finding an inhibitor of HIV replication, it is a subject of science limitation and level of advancement. It is your faith (islam) that tells you Allah created life and spread it across the universe and it is your science (investigation) that hasn't reached a level of advancement to go out and explore and confirm nor deny it. You're going by the ignorant man's analogy, if i can't prove it nor have the means to then it doesn't exist...
Why is not finding an inhibitor for HIV replication subject to scientific method? That is the only way we can discover the truth: the truth of something, if it exists, to stop HIV from replicating in its host cells in humans. Scientific method if not a man-made method. Its made and created by God for us. Science is not mine. Neither of any man. It is Allah's and it portrays beauty of Allah succinctly.

Now show me evidence where Allah (swt) says that He spread life in the universe? Or in the heavens? We have to define what life means. Does life include Jinns and Angels? So maybe Allah (swt) is saying that He has spread Jinns across the universe, not necessarily material life.

wsalam.

islamirama
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I have already posted verses of Allah saying he created the heavens and the earth and spread life therein, you can search this thread and find it yourself. as for life being jinns, humans, angels or what not, that is not your nor my place to say. we are not told what kind of life, only life. We don't have to define what life is, keep your limited science to yourself and abstain from dwelling further in this topic if you value your emaan. Just know that Allah created life and He can make it exist where ever, when ever and how ever.

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I have already posted verses of Allah saying he created the heavens and the earth and spread life therein, you can search this thread and find it yourself. as for life being jinns, humans, angels or what not, that is not your nor my place to say. we are not told what kind of life, only life. We don't have to define what life is, keep your limited science to yourself and abstain from dwelling further in this topic if you value your emaan. Just know that Allah created life and He can make it exist where ever, when ever and how ever.
Sure. Allah can do what He wills. But He has chosen to create consistent laws so that we can understand. With that in mind, I do not think He has created life elsewhere. Biological life I mean. There is no concise evidence in Quran which says so. Of course Allah can create life anywhere in the universe. But He has not said in the Quran that He did so elsewhere apart from the Earth. You are being too arrogant now by calling my emaan into question. My emaan has no danger from being rational. And being rational in this regards means that I should not believe that intelligent life elsewhere exists. Because there is no evidence. Neither did Allah (swt) say ANYWHERE in Quran that He has created life in the universe apart from Earth.

islamirama
04-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Apparently you are too stubborn to go back and read my post, so here i'll re-post it here for you.

You are not being rational but rather stubborn in your ignorance of science. let me say it again bro, science is limited to the point humans have advanced. By science just as you can't say there is life out there, so too you can't say there is no life out there. The absence of proof does not equal proof in itself. So quit relying on your science if you can't even rely on it 100%. As for life being out there from an islamic stand point, READ the above verses and ponder over them, in fact go talk to a scholar instead since your so "scientific" about it. As for the eman and arrogant remark, you're eman and islam comes in jeopardy when you ignorantly and stubbornly hold onto your views without look at the facts before (quranic verses). But if you want to call someone arrogant cuz they are advising you to leave the subject alone lest you hurt your Islam because of your blind ignorance and reliance on imperfect science than there's not much to say.

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Apparently you are too stubborn to go back and read my post, so here i'll re-post it here for you.

You are not being rational but rather stubborn in your ignorance of science. let me say it again bro, science is limited to the point humans have advanced. By science just as you can't say there is life out there, so too you can't say there is no life out there. The absence of proof does not equal proof in itself. So quit relying on your science if you can't even rely on it 100%. As for life being out there from an islamic stand point, READ the above verses and ponder over them, in fact go talk to a scholar instead since your so "scientific" about it. As for the eman and arrogant remark, you're eman and islam comes in jeopardy when you ignorantly and stubbornly hold onto your views without look at the facts before (quranic verses). But if you want to call someone arrogant cuz they are advising you to leave the subject alone lest you hurt your Islam because of your blind ignorance and reliance on imperfect science than there's not much to say.
Sure, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. But why should I believe that life exists out there, from a scientific point of view? I cannot have personal biases. My belief in lack of existence intelligent beings is based on lack of evidence. If someone wants to believe that such beings exist even if evidence does not exist, its their call. But I wont let them call their belief more logical than mine.

NOW. A Big Now.

From Quranic perspective, the verses you quoted are:

""And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the living creatures He has scattered through them." (42.29)

These verses indicate that there is life in some form or other planets in the galaxies. Until scientific means become more sophisticated to make this discovery, this Quranic statement will remain an unfulfilled prophecy."

I never denied those verses, audubillah. But do you think that the bolded parts could ONLY refer to humans? Or maybe to angels? What indication is there that those bolded parts REFER to living beings aside from humans? Maybe those bolded parts refer to bacteria on Earth! But what is there to convince me that such things CAN exist elsewhere in the universe? I believe that Allah swt can do it but I am not so sure if I can believe in that since evidence does not exist. My belief will be WITHOUT any reasonable proof. Since belief in these beings is NOT part of 6 pillars of faith of Islam, why SHOULD I believe in them? More importantly, why should I have the same belief as my atheist kaafir astronomy professor? She believes, and MANY other kaafir scientists too, that life, perhaps intelligent life, exists in this universe. Why should I share their belief when they have no proof for it?

And I have no personal grudge against you bro. I like many of your posts and share same ideas. But this one I think we differ.

islamirama
04-10-2010, 03:24 AM
I think you have thinking of intelligent beings out there. Islam does not mention intelligent beings of any kind except the jinns, humans and angels as far as we know. With that said, we know bacteria and other microorganisms exist that can exist and thrive in places that once were thought impossible. For example, there have been type of bacteria found that lives in the lava, also a type that can exist in space w/o the need for oxygen. IF you want to go on science and evidence alone than it stands to reason that the possibility of life (not necessarily intelligent) existing in the universe is much higher the possibility of it not existing. Allah says and so does science agree that all life originates from water. We have found water on our own moon, on mars, on moons of Jupiter and how many thousands of other satellite out there?

Anyways, whether you or I or anyone believes in life out there doesn't really matter at all because it does not benefit us nor harm us believing one way or another. Besides, once we go to akhirah, we'll find out anyway :D

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 03:54 AM
I think you have thinking of intelligent beings out there. Islam does not mention intelligent beings of any kind except the jinns, humans and angels as far as we know. With that said, we know bacteria and other microorganisms exist that can exist and thrive in places that once were thought impossible. For example, there have been type of bacteria found that lives in the lava, also a type that can exist in space w/o the need for oxygen. IF you want to go on science and evidence alone than it stands to reason that the possibility of life (not necessarily intelligent) existing in the universe is much higher the possibility of it not existing. Allah says and so does science agree that all life originates from water. We have found water on our own moon, on mars, on moons of Jupiter and how many thousands of other satellite out there?

Anyways, whether you or I or anyone believes in life out there doesn't really matter at all because it does not benefit us nor harm us believing one way or another. Besides, once we go to akhirah, we'll find out anyway :D
inshAllah. I am looking forward to having conversation with Allah and to have many questions answered, inshAllah. I hope I am in a good outcome (jannah) to have conversation with Him regarding my questions ...... inshAllah.

Regarding the bolded part, that is the very evidence the kaafir scientists use to posit that intelligent life exists. It is supported by the Principle of Mediocrity. Before Copernicus proposed the heliocentric model, the Earth was considered to be the centre of the universe and unique by majority of people. The Copernican revolution changed how we view ourself. After it was found that Earth is NOT the center of the universe, it became clear that Earth is JUST like one of many other planet systems. That is what the Principle states. There is nothing inherently unique about our Earth. It is just like ANY other planet albeit with composition that by chance supports life. That is the atheistic view. And now since the universe is SO SO vast that this same accident is very likely bound to happen purely by chance i.e. perfect composition for life. That is why the search for life is going on at crazy pace to disprove that God exists or that our life on Earth is unique.

Another argument used to strengthen the likelihood of existence of life is the microbiological flora found on earth in extreme conditions. For example, the extremophiles! The bacteria or archaea which live in the severest of conditions ..... since that is possible, it is possible that organisms could live in space or conditions of space .... about 50 years back, some astronomists thought that viruses fell from space onto Earth ... but of course that was proven wrong ... virus emerged from Earth through what is called evolution, supposedly ....

Regarding extremophiles, sure they can live in tough conditions but I still cannot believe that they can survive the crazy frosty temperature of the universe and the vacuum. The only way to test that is to take these bacteria out into space and measure their growth in space. Until scientists do that, I will not blindly believe in them.

I see it as the atheistic agenda. If somehow intelligent life is found elsewhere, it will strengthen the atheist position that life can emerge purely by chance. The chance happened on Earth and it happened again somewhere else in the universe.

islamirama
04-10-2010, 05:08 AM
If somehow intelligent life is found elsewhere, it will strengthen the atheist position that life can emerge purely by chance. The chance happened on Earth and it happened again somewhere else in the universe.
We really don't care what the atheist believe or not believe as it will not affect us in anyway. It is easy for Allah to create life where ever he wants, all he has to say is "be" it is done.

CosmicPathos
04-10-2010, 05:48 AM
We really don't care what the atheist believe or not believe as it will not affect us in anyway. It is easy for Allah to create life where ever he wants, all he has to say is "be" it is done.
indeed. The Command is His alone.

Abdul-Raouf
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
** Bump **

Snowflake
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
SubhanAllah! Awesomeeeeeee! Allahu akbar!

mudassara
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Masha Allha...Good one..

Keep remembring Allha all th time...

Perseveranze
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Now, this is really fascinating. This image shows the size of Earth compared to some other planets in our solar system.

The image below shows Earth compared to some of the larger planets in our solar system. Look how small we are compared to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune! About 1,400 Earths can fit inside the Jupiter.

The image below shows the sizes of the huge planets compared to the Sun. There is no comparison! The huge Jupiter looks tiny compared to the Sun. About 980 Jupiters can fit inside the Sun.

Now going beyond our solar system, it's a big universe. Look how tiny the sun is compared to some other stars.

Finally, the huge stars above is tiny compared to the stars shown below! The Sun is only 1 pixel in size in the image below. Subhan Allah.

ANTARES IS THE 15TH BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY. IT IS MORE THAN 1000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY.

HUMBLING, ISN'T IT?
NOW HOW BIG ARE YOU?

AND HOW BIG ARE THE THINGS THAT UPSET YOU TODAY?
AND HOW BIG IS YOUR ALLAH?

"Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is a greater (matter) than the creation of men: Yet most of mankind know not". [ Surah Ghafir 40-57]

Source

syed1
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I think this concept of how large the world is or the universe is, is good to understand that in the "Grand scheme" of things we are like a particle of dust..

But I don't think the sheer size of the universe has and profound implications on us as humans because everything to us in relative. Since we are bound to this earth and what is in it we measure things according to what is prevalent around us and so it wouldn't make sense to view your self in comparison to the universe at large.

Insaanah
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Indeed we are mere specks in the universe.

There are merged threads on it here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ow-big-we.html

Salahudeen
12-07-2011, 10:19 PM
amazing thanks for sharing!

~Raindrop~
12-07-2011, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
There are merged threads on it here:
JazakiAllahu Khairan for the link..

:threadmrg

crimsontide06
12-08-2011, 12:39 AM
wow....cool pics. never seen it like that. never knew the sun was that much bigger than earth, and the other suns o_O so big!!

Snowflake
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Subhan Allahhhhhhhhh awesome!! Shame the geezer's accounts disabled. Deserved a rep that did!

Edit: I forgot I'd already commented before lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!