/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who loves the new look?

tango92
04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
i think it looks well cool. and its still retained all the old features but is much cleaner:shade::shade:;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
ohh i was just getting use to the old 1,
i signed in for the first time at work, i thought i typed the link wrong, hehe
looks good actually..

ardianto
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
May I honest ?.

I love old skin. But if this new ....... I don't know what is the right word for this, system maybe ...... is better than the old that often error, it's OK.

By the way, I was so shocked when I saw this new skin at the first time, there was no Islamicboard logo, and I saw ummah radio. I thought "what happen ?, why IB becomes ummah.com ?".

¤ ιмαи ¤
04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't think I was here long enough to see the old one:hmm: , but this one is nice :statisfie

"i feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment! i feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment! "

^ That made me lol ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I need more time to get familiar with it and localise all the features, But the new design is really cool !

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Certainly not me.
And perhaps everybody who likes to color their posts and do not appreciate having to type DarkOrchid themselves <_<
And anyone who spent a lot of time making her profile look somewhat presentable...only to find it looking sickly white.

I really really hate change! -.-

al Amaanah
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
:salamext:

I dont.

:w:

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Does anybody know where the "Latest Reputation Given" thing went? :hmm:

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
If i'm using windows xp on my pc i will adjust it for best performance not best appearance. I don't care about 3d tabs .

The old version was doing the job perfectly but i know that internet software needs constant updates So maybe thats Why they changed it. anyway most of the thread starter forums have this current version So i think its time to move on to this version.

~Raindrop~
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
i dont like it either :hmm:

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 01:54 PM
^ *cough cough* Very sensible, mild reaction Aisha xD

~Raindrop~
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Ahem. I'm the sensible one, me :D
must keep up my reputation.

can we please at least have the old option????? as an extra option?

Fטлку
04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
^ Me gonna get you baaad one day, Aisha, you lil back stabbing traitor :exhausted :p
And what do you mean by the "Old option"?
If you mean getting
  • a cute profile,
  • closer siggy,
  • rep sign transported to the top of the post,
  • easier coloring options, latest rep given viewable,
  • name of last poster in sub threads,
  • latest threads made by you at userCP,
  • cooler userCP,
  • name of "settings" changed back to userCP,
  • rep power returned to normal....

Then....

NO! <_<

~Raindrop~
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
ooh im scared!!

*runs away*

*shouts from the distance* thats what i MEANT!! HONEST!

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Common its not like its changed from metric to imperial

Danah
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
hmm.....to be honest, I am neutral! the look is not that great especially if I am browsing via the ipod but there are some new features that I liked here. At the same time, there are some old features I wish to be back again. I will need sometime to get used to it, because I know that there is no way to get the old look back so I have to adapt with the new one anyways. If some old features will be added to the new version then it will be more than great!

cat eyes
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
im not use to change either. i found the new look a bit hummm i dont really know how to explain but there should be more space between each thread and the text should be more clear.

Soulja Girl
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
:sl:

She dun liikeee it buh she'll get used ter it.. :><:

:wa:

Beardo
04-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, we still need to find a new theme for the site now. Any ideas? Just search for vB4.0 skins.

Ramadhan
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I am loving the new look, it looks "sophisticated" when viewed using mozilla.
In explorer, however, the look is so so.

Anyway, big congrats to the admins for such smooth transition into the new platform without losing any posts/threads.

cat eyes
04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
wish the forum was back the way it was :hiding:

any chances of that happening :X

جوري
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh sorrow.. I am a habitual creature.. this has caused me great upset.. also where did half of my rep power go?

Danah
04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I am loving the new look, it looks "sophisticated" when viewed using mozilla.
In explorer, however, the look is so so.

Anyway, big congrats to the admins for such smooth transition into the new platform without losing any posts/threads.
yeah that was a very good job indeed, I was scared that my fav threads will got deleted...but Alhumdulilah

GuCcI
04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
To me it looks the same as it did a few days ago, what's changed?

Beardo
04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
To me it looks the same as it did a few days ago, what's changed?
...A lot. lol I guess the Admins would notice it more than the regular member.

Asiyah3
04-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I think some of the things got better. Now you can log in whenever and wherever without the need to visit the front page. In addition, the search bar looks better and easier.

I only miss the former colours but I think I'll get used to the brighter light insha'llah.

Danah
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Well, we still need to find a new theme for the site now. Any ideas? Just search for vB4.0 skins.
well...after some random search:

http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=114

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=15

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=56

http://vbskins.com/forums/index.php?styleid=120

Soulja Girl
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM

^Like these.. Reminds me of teh old LI :statisfie

GuCcI
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
...A lot. lol I guess the Admins would notice it more than the regular member.
Now I'm weirded out, I was on just a few days ago and I don't remember anything.

جوري
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
where is my CP and the rest of my rep. pts.. I am not sure I like this layout at all.. the youtube vids are missing ...it seems less expensive and common imsad
I am having a hell of a time navigating..

Soulja Girl
04-06-2010, 04:54 PM

User CP = Settings.. Top right hand corner of the page.. :popcorn:

Banu_Hashim
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (in slow motion).

What happened to the amazing LI/IB logo???imsad? At the moment, I'm mourning so my heart is with the old look. Lets see... with time what happens inshaAllah...

جوري
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't see comments received or left there..

جوري
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I am with you

ardianto
04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
My son.

He loves the new look.

Banu_Hashim
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am with you
SubhaanAllah, ukht Skye! What happened to your ridiculously high rep power?

Soulja Girl
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't see comments received or left there..
^I meant settings sorry love.. :X

Güven
04-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I think its awesome. :shade:

Getoffmyback
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I think that they can fix everything but they are teasing you people.

Only one thing i want to see again : alpha dude and gossamer skye's rep power back .

Woodrow
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
It will take me some time to get used too. I am slow at adapting to changes.

aadil77
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
this new look is putting me off from coming here, it just doesn't have that homely feel

it looks grey, too sharp and depressing

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
some brother has really proved that most men have no aesthetic sense of serene colors for the eyes. This SKIN needs to be changed.

@ aadil: its not depressing, i'd love moody and melancholic colors, but this color scheme takes me back to 1980s windows 3.1. So hard to navigate around as the contrast between different elements barely exists and you dont know where each thing is.

AND WE LOST THE REP system ... that was ONE cool thing about IB.

Snowflake
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
My worst nightmare has come true.

جوري
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
SubhaanAllah, ukht Skye! What happened to your ridiculously high rep power?
Vanished I say .. and the comments the beautiful du3as and links I received imsad gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all gone gone all gone I say

جوري
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^I meant settings sorry love.. :X

Jazaki Allah khyran that does work.. it will take a while to get used to though..

Danah
04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
I feel pity for those who really having bad times in this thread with the new upgrade. :(

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Like these.. Reminds me of teh old LI :statisfie

Thats why I choose them :coolious:

the youtube vids are missing
I wonder what are the new tags we should use to get youtube videos embedded.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
My worst nightmare has come true.
awwww sis, welcome back...it has been a while since I saw you here. I am sorry that after your long time away LI you came back and be shocked like this. There is nothing we can do about it....this is an upgrade not a mere skin change where we can ask for getting everything back imsad

جوري
04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
this new look is putting me off from coming here, it just doesn't have that homely feel

it looks grey, too sharp and depressing
I agree with that, may Allah swt is trying to tell me something about the time I am wasting here..imsad

Güven
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I wonder what are the new tags we should use to get youtube videos embedded.

Easier then before, just click the insert video icon

and then insert the link.

tango92
04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
@gossamer, come on its ok 4 u, i barely had any rep power before and now im just another nuub

جوري
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
@gossamer, come on its ok 4 u, i barely had any rep power before and now im just another nuub
It isn't about the reps at all, although it was nice to be generous.. I am just not comfortable with the layout.. I don't know I feel like we are downgraded... maybe it is for the best who knows?..
but having uber annoying members plus and eye sore of layout that isn't very user friendly as I was trying to use the search feature earlier to no avail, and straining to the eyes really leaves very little to be desired.. one thing I'll say and that is Al7mdlillah it isn't pink.. I was on a pink forum before and I just wanted to cry!

S<Chowdhury
04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
No offense but now Islamicboard forum looks very similar to ummah forums and Sunni forums as well, unless it was the look the owner were going for :p, Vbulletin 4 is a lot of hype like Windows Vista but it can't beat its predecessor XP or in this case Vbulletin 3 was it plus its a bit hard on your eyes as well

muslimsister1
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM

i dont like it but i guess il get used to it in time

Sawdah
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I really does look like Ummah. >_>

It'll take time to get used to it...

Zafran
04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
salaam

as said before it looks similar to other Islamic forums - Its going to get some getting used to.

peace

جوري
04-06-2010, 08:45 PM
we used to stand out unique in a world of commoners and now we have joined them..!

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I think this skin is actually the default VB4 one, so we are bound to have loads of forums with the same one.

S<Chowdhury
04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

as said before it looks similar to other Islamic forums - Its going to get some getting used to.

peace
Viva la Revolucion !!!!!!!!!!!! DOWNGRADE :p i joke i joke ............^ agree just take some time to get use to it

Danah
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Easier then before, just click the insert video icon

and then insert the link.
Oh yeah I didn't notice that, so what will happen to the old posts with embeded videos? They are viewed as links now

Life_Is_Short
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
It's looking good. Mash'Allah.

P.s, the "more" emoticon button is hidding behind the rest of the emoticons. :giggling:

Insaanah
04-06-2010, 09:24 PM

I feel the same at the moment, except it's not just the look, but also feels uncomfortable to use. The old version was like a comfortable glove that fitted perfectly. Khayr, inshaAllah, maybe I'll get used to it.

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
the old skin was uniquely IB. You could tell from far away that this is IB!!!

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
what is all this white and its grey companions ... white cold death ....and its shades ... bring some colors

جوري
04-06-2010, 09:55 PM
can we bring back the old IB while being 'upgraded' I frankly think this is inferior, I was trying to post a pic a while ago and it told me that I needed to re-size the image.. this amongst many other problems I have been encountering .. I think the poll clearly speaks for itself.. folks are unhappy with this sort of change.. it is like paying twice as much, for half the volume and less potency!

Dagless
04-06-2010, 10:21 PM
can we bring back the old IB while being 'upgraded' I frankly think this is inferior, I was trying to post a pic a while ago and it told me that I needed to re-size the image.. this amongst many other problems I have been encountering .. I think the poll clearly speaks for itself.. folks are unhappy with this sort of change.. it is like paying twice as much, for half the volume and less potency!
Half of free is still free. I agree though, this is just a standard forum now, someone needs to port the old theme so it can be used with Vb4... and by someone I mean you ;)

جوري
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Half of free is still free. I agree though, this is just a standard forum now, someone needs to port the old theme so it can be used with Vb4... and by someone I mean you ;)
:haha: you must really love this new theme for you have picked the least computer savvy person to interface the old..
If I didn't have two cups of coffee freshly brewed sharp and delicious in my system I'd throw such a tantrum protesting this and in all likelihood I will after the pick me up effects ware off
:raging:

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
as it stands right now, there is no difference in looking at my monitor and looking out of the window of my nook at the gray gloomy clouded sky ...
:blind: here to our eyes ...

aadil77
04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Was there a need to 'upgrade' to this crap? The forum's gone downhill, its rubbish and complicated to use just like Ummah,

seriously I want to come here to read up and post but I just get put off

aadil77
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Li old theme was unique cause it brought about this inviting and comfortable environment, great for dawa'h, like bringing non-muslims into a nice masjid

this one is sure to put people off

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 10:59 PM

جوري
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
yes epic fail

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Brenzy
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
People really don't like change huh? I'm sure everyone will get used to it :).

I love it, gives it a fresh new look and it appears more updated than other Islamic forums :D

Salahudeen
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
can't stand it, the old 1 was easy on my eyes. this 1 is a pain to look at and especially irritating to find stuff like user cp. trying to find all my subscribed threads.

جوري
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
rofl.. have we made Rashad or whoever was for this change feel lousy yet? 'cause my coffee is waring off and I am mad

Salahudeen
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
i have a feeling i won't be as addicted to it now. there was something serene about the old 1 i can't put my finger on it. the old 1 just felt homely and comfy lol.

CosmicPathos
04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
truly, a picture is worth a thousand words .. lol

Alpha Dude
04-06-2010, 11:30 PM
:sl: Guys, check out this thread: http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6656

It's the creators of the element + aria skins that we used to use. They are first going to update the element skin as an order of priority and then the others that they produce (including aria). However, it's taking them so long because VB4 has some underlying style problems or something which make it really difficult.

So Allah knows best when these style makers will finished with the element update. The creator of them has been saying 'soon soon' for over 3 months lol.

However, I think it's worth the wait to get back to the old style of LI (for this new s/w upgrade).

جوري
04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
yeah, I really would like to go back if we can or at least juxtapose the old layout with whatever 'privileges' this upgrade provided and I frankly don't know what it is.. it is completely user unfriendly.. I think the people voted and we know the result of that is a 0% love this and 65% are completely disappointed!

CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 12:07 AM

aadil77
04-07-2010, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
i have a feeling i won't be as addicted to it now. there was something serene about the old 1 i can't put my finger on it. the old 1 just felt homely and comfy lol.

thats it bro, thats what made it Li and got me addicted to it, lets just hope they manage to get the same theme back on this upgrade version

aadil77
04-07-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl: Guys, check out this thread: http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6656

It's the creators of the element + aria skins that we used to use. They are first going to update the element skin as an order of priority and then the others that they produce (including aria). However, it's taking them so long because VB4 has some underlying style problems or something which make it really difficult.

So Allah knows best when these style makers will finished with the element update. The creator of them has been saying 'soon soon' for over 3 months lol.

However, I think it's worth the wait to get back to the old style of LI (for this new s/w upgrade).

just read this from that thread

Originally Posted by Xaphan
I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to down-grade back to 3.8. If possible.
I'm sick of version 4 and all of my users hate the default theme.
Daily post count dropped when I upgraded to 4, so before my forum dies I'm going backwards, guess I'm done here if I'm successful.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 12:43 AM
We'll be unique soon enough insha'Allah. It all can't happen overnight, right? :X

جوري
04-07-2010, 12:46 AM

Ummu Sufyaan
04-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Assalamu alaykum.
its annoying.

Ramadhan
04-07-2010, 03:33 AM
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh sorrow.. I am a habitual creature.. this has caused me great upset.. also where did half of my rep power go?
whoaa... I've just had a look at my rep power, and I lost around half too!
And I didnt have that many in the first place ..:(

and what happened to the rep points?

marwen
04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
whoaa... I've just had a look at my rep power, and I lost around half too!
And I didnt have that many in the first place ..:(

and what happened to the rep points?
The computing of rep. power changed by the admin, it was 1 rep.power per 800 reps; now it's 1 rep.power per 2000 pers : thread -> it's now about the half. But I don't think the count is correct :/ .

glo
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I am still getting used to the new look ...

Is it just me, or are there still a few glitches?

cat eyes
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
i think this new theme is not going to have as much members as the old theme. there was something about the old theme that invited people to it. it looks like other forums and that was the reason why i left the others cos i didnt like the layout i dont know whether i will be spending as much time here now

Fטлку
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
AND WE LOST THE REP system ... that was ONE cool thing about IB.
what? We did NOT lose the rep system. Just scroll down to the end of the post and click on that star/snowflake thingy to rep :p

Was there a need to 'upgrade' to this crap? The forum's gone downhill, its rubbish and complicated to use just like Ummah,
seriously I want to come here to read up and post but I just get put off
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
Assalamu alaykum.
its annoying.
^^^ EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the only two posts that describe this whole situation accurately!!!

Salahudeen
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i think this new theme is not going to have as much members as the old theme. there was something about the old theme that invited people to it. it looks like other forums and that was the reason why i left the others cos i didnt like the layout i dont know whether i will be spending as much time here now
that's exactly how I feel, the other forums look just like this 1 now. Before it was unique.

Nora.
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't like it sorry :(
I'm still trying to get used to it

cat eyes
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM

marwen
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM

wow ! I don't think this cat is really happy with the new look :hmm:
must not disturb him now ;D

cat eyes
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
that picture was taken of me from my web cam when i had first logged on to the forum and saw the change. im still sitting in that same position

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
What else cud i voted for other than ''OH ALLAH, HAVE MERCY!!!''?:heated:

i HATE it!! This colour is giving me a headache n its turning me away from this forum.

Forget about Reps & Rep Power!!

Cant we have an option for the outlook we had b4 this???:hmm:

Amadeus85
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Questions to mods - why change something which is good? Isn't "better" the enemy of "good"?

Grofica
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I need more time to get familiar with it and localise all the features, But the new design is really cool !
I love it... it took me forever to find the Rep button though (blushing)

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I love this !!!! wow this is cool !!!!

Fטлку
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
^ wow. you actually seem genuinely excited about this :eek:
I know everybody else who is not complaining is just trying to act cool about it (not to name names ;D)

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
^PEACE BE UPON U
yea I have no words to describe I am amazed
I like this design its super cool !!!!

and It is clean and simple

glo
04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
And somebody has actually voted option 1 "I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment!"
That's some statement! :D

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
:| ^ its nice, the old one was getting a bit stale

Getoffmyback
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
There is nothing we can do now cos for sure they paid lots of money for this upgrade. But if its something like 200 dollars then really we can contribute to carry the loss with the brothers lol. But its probably in thousands!

Mr.President
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
^ about $2000 ??? or more than that ?

Grofica
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
And somebody has actually voted option 1 "I feel like my whole life has been leading up to this moment!"
That's some statement! :D
uhmmmmm that was me he he heh ehe he he

seriously the only thing i do is work this was an awesome surpise.... it made my whole week. i will be talking about it for days ha ha ha ha ha ha

glo
04-07-2010, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
uhmmmmm that was me he he heh ehe he he

seriously the only thing i do is work this was an awesome surpise.... it made my whole week. i will be talking about it for days ha ha ha ha ha ha
It's good to see your excitement about it, sis.
You must lead a very quiet life ... :giggling:

Make sure you take a break and recover from your excitement. Can I get you a cup of tea or something?

marwen
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
There is nothing we can do now cos for sure they paid lots of money for this upgrade. But if its something like 200 dollars then really we can contribute to carry the loss with the brothers lol. But its probably in thousands!
hahaha !
It is upsetting especially for the old members who got used to the old version. But seriously guys , I don't think it's a big problem : the forum is still fuctional at least, we can communicate together.
Besides it's totally natural to have some problems after any upgrade action, the first test shows always some bugs, and it's ok to have bugs if they are fixable.
All I see is almost complaints about ergonomic difficulties : that's pretty natural with any new interface, we should be patient and wait untill we get used to it.
We have just to calm down, and forget about this new look story for a little time, may be we should make some diverting thread to get realxed and to forget this problem for a while :D

aadil77
04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Questions to mods - why change something which is good? Isn't "better" the enemy of "good"?
still don't see how this is better

~Raindrop~
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM

sums it up exactly.

Dagless
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
^ about $2000 ??? or more than that ?
195-285 probably (according to vBulletin), but its also, more importantly, about the time and effort spent by the brothers installing, customising, and even now ironing out issues... and we haven't even mentioned the hosting costs.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
^ Brothers & Sisters, let not the costs be of any concern to you all. Our priority is content and convenience, which I can see we have not been able to relay to your satisfaction. Please, I beseech you all to give us a few more days to rejuvenate from the upgrade and work ourselves back to normal!

MMohammed
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Its a very cool theme.Appearance really effects the whole thing.
vBulletin 4 has many new features and they have a new decent theme.

جوري
04-07-2010, 05:18 PM
^ Brothers & Sisters, let not the costs be of any concern to you all. Our priority is content and convenience, which I can see we have not been able to relay to your satisfaction. Please, I beseech you all to give us a few more days to rejuvenate from the upgrade and work ourselves back to normal!
does this 'rejuvenation' entail that we keep this horrid theme and get used to it like a bad marriage to someone with awful bad breath?

marwen
04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
does this 'rejuvenation' entail that we keep this horrid theme and get used to it like a bad marriage to someone with awful bad breath?
good comparison, loool funny :D

Dagless
04-07-2010, 05:57 PM
*cough* Don't you have a theme to be porting? *cough*

جوري
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
*cough* Don't you have a theme to be porting? *cough*
I tried but it wouldn't work..

Banu_Hashim
04-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Does that mean we're eventually gonna have our old theme back? Allahu Akbar!

Beardo
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Does that mean we're eventually gonna have our old theme back? Allahu Akbar!
Whoa whoa...Maybe not the old one, but something better insha'Allah... perhaps lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Aslaamu`alaaykum

The new Looks Nice Masha`Allaah, just having some issues finding things :\..Insha`Allaah will get used to it...

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Amadeus85
04-07-2010, 09:15 PM
So far the new look keeps me away from Forum, I just dont like changes:(.

CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
the breeze theme ... is not so breezy

imam bukhari
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
old ones much better....sorry, but u asked, and im just saying whats on me mind...

Alpha Dude
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
What's wrong with the times on the side bar? It says posts were made in the last minute but they were actually made earlier.

Insaanah
04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Nostalgia

How things used to be...

For those feeling as nostalgic as me, here are some links to some cached pages from before the upgrade:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...art-ix-70.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...art-ix-69.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...d.com/general/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...eneral-forums/

Sorry the screenshot below might be too wide for some screens:

جوري
04-08-2010, 02:46 PM
^^ it was Azuric and paradisaical wasn't it? ok maybe not to that extent but certainly not the current abomination that it is.. imsad..

Ramadhan
04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
After giving the new look several days to get more familiar with, I have to say that I like the old one better.
At first I thought this new theme look fresher and more sophisticated, but it lacks several features that the old one has, for example, with this new look there is no information about the religion (or lack of) of the poster unless we go to the poster's profile.
This can be confusing in certain discussions.

glo
04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
^
I agree that it'suseful to have information about other poster's religion and gender, and it may help us to communicate with others more appropriately if that information was available to us.

marwen
04-08-2010, 06:42 PM
H E L P !!!!
How can I find all the thread I created ? :-\

Güven
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
H E L P !!!!
How can I find all the thread I created ? :-\
My Profile > Find all started threads

marwen
04-08-2010, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
My Profile > Find all started threads
Ok ! thanks brother Güven ! :clever:

Beardo
04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
These are the times when being an administrator is difficult. Otherwise, it's quite an enjoyable position. Which is why I've been trying to resist change, but it was a long time coming.... *sighs*

Alhamdulillah alaa kulli haal. Praises of Allah on every situation/case.

Danah
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
lol what a comparison.

So far the new look keeps me away from Forum, I just dont like changes:(.
I am the same, it keeps me away from the forum, but when I think about it, this is something good for me as it gives me some more time to work on other things.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
What's wrong with the times on the side bar? It says posts were made in the last minute but they were actually made earlier.
yeah and I thought I was the only one seeing it that way!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Nostalgia

How things used to be...

For those feeling as nostalgic as me, here are some links to some cached pages from before the upgrade:

Sorry the screenshot below might be too wide for some screens:

imsad
brings back the old memories. we were really blessed back then, but khair inshaallah I hope this nightmare wont last for too long.

cat eyes
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
well my sis took one look at it and she said she did not have the patience to search the forum that was just her opinion she had seen the old one also when i was sitting beside her she said the old one was better even though she was not a member but she still use to search the threads as i said before its not really inviting. i can bet you that your not going to have as much members joining up..

جوري
04-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Raaina
04-08-2010, 08:35 PM
LOL i love the pic sister skye! :D

Darth Ultor
04-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry, Admins, but it looks awful. The old one was better and less confusing.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-08-2010, 09:08 PM
InshaAllaah we all need to time to get used to the new one, and surely we all will, for that geeky time will indeed come!

Amadeus85
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Is it possible to go back to old school look? Seriously, the new one is worse. Mods bare in mind that a change isn't always a move in good direction. Regards.

Getoffmyback
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Common where is the back up of the old version?

Maryan0
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I liked the older one this new one is too confusing the old one was kind of.....laidback
salam

Ummu Sufyaan
04-09-2010, 02:59 AM
i agree this new theme is still annoying...it hurts the eyes because its so "cluttered." the threads from the sticky threads are hard to distinguish as well. everything looks very cramped.

Beardo
04-09-2010, 03:57 AM
I'll have the theme changed within the next week inshallah to something ya'll might like a little better.

tw009
04-09-2010, 04:09 AM
I agree, everything is just all over the place. The last version was much much better. very clear and organized...But i guess we'll get used to it.

Insecured soul
04-09-2010, 05:14 AM
I find there are a lot things which are completely 'new'

common guys we need a change, its not far that we will be accustomed and get used to it

to all those who were behind server upgrade and all that work, good job guys

and yes not to forget we must have all those old things

Getoffmyback
04-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Man the old theme was named "islamic board default theme" So the theme and the options were like iron molded it was compatible.

Now lets say i had windows xp and i upgraded to win 2000 . Then lets say i didn't like win 2000 So to get back to win xp i delete everything then reinstall win xp ! :) its the same here right?

cat eyes
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll have the theme changed within the next week inshallah to something ya'll might like a little better.
Just bring the old theme back :enough!:

this dose not even look modern what so ever. :(

Nimboo
04-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Suggestion:

Get a selection of themes and get a Poll going and let the community decide how IB will look.

Any experienced artists/modders on the board?

(Future) Suggestion to the Mods:

Sandboxing + Black Box Testing (or another Test Methodology) = Win

Snowflake
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Danah;1314120]I feel pity for those who really having bad times in this thread with the new upgrade. :(

awwww sis, welcome back...it has been a while since I saw you here. I am sorry that after your long time away LI you came back and be shocked like this. There is nothing we can do about it....this is an upgrade not a mere skin change where we can ask for getting everything back imsad
aww jazaki Allah dear ukhti.. your kindness made me forget I'm stuck in a bleak grey space for a while. I went all warm inside lol. I'm really busy working on my site and products and things are hectic and I pray I can handle it all. Please remember me in your duaas. It's a testing time lol.

piXie
04-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Please note we have added a new skin temporarily for your convenience. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to activate the alternative skin. Jazakumullahu Khair.
convenience - inconvenience? :hiding:

Banu_Hashim
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Is it technically impossible to resort to the old theme of the forum, with the same updates in place?

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 06:15 PM
so theres no chance of getting the old theme back is there any chance of getting something that looks like the old theme? :(

Amadeus85
04-10-2010, 11:08 PM
So revolution won't change anything?

Amanda
04-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I think it looks nice.

czgibson
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Greetings,

The new look isn't as awful as some of the changes that have been made in the past, but there seem to be many of us here who wish things could just stay the same.

Peace

glo
04-11-2010, 07:02 PM
^
What other changes have you found worse?

czgibson
04-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^
What other changes have you found worse?
I think it was the last change or perhaps the one before that, where we were presented with the forum in a hideous colour scheme that was actually painful to look at. I think it was yellow and white or something like that. Fortunately it was possible to go back to normal on that occasion.

Peace

glo
04-11-2010, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I think it was the last change or perhaps the one before that, where we were presented with the forum in a hideous colour scheme that was actually painful to look at. I think it was yellow and white or something like that. Fortunately it was possible to go back to normal on that occasion.

Peace
Yellow and white? That must have been back in the 70's! ;D

Khairaddin
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I voted 'may Allah have mercy' as it was the only option I felt I could actually choose... I really don't understand how to navigate this site, and I am one who wouldn't call myself computer-retarded, I can't access my profile, I can't access pretty much anything, I have restrictions....and I am wondering if this site has changed in the format of 7cgen where you have to post to upgrade??..... It's not very original nonetheless

Fטлку
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
^ I know how ya feel. It's really annoying being a limited member isn't it? I left this forum when i saw i couldn't even get a siggy and avatar ;D

cat eyes
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM

S<Chowdhury
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I take it back, a few few pages a go i was calling for revolution ;D but now i take it back i like the new format and the theme it flows quite well im :statisfie

Fטлку
04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
^Was it bribe or blackmail?

glo
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
I take it back, a few few pages a go i was calling for revolution ;D but now i take it back i like the new format and the theme it flows quite well im :statisfie
It's our adaptability that has made the human species so successful after all.
We will adapt to this grave change in our environment too! :D

tango92
04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
hmm i seem to recall Rashad saying something about putting up a new theme by the end of last week, :omg:

waqas maqsood
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't like it

:heated:

Ramadhan
04-15-2010, 04:41 AM
It seems to me there is a marked less traffic these days after the change :(

aadil77
04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
It seems to me there is a marked less traffic these days after the change :(
yh the forum seems quite dry lately

cat eyes
04-15-2010, 05:46 PM
yh the forum seems quite dry lately

i know.................:(

Amadeus85
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Maybe because nothing shocking is hapenning now in the muslim world.

tango92
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
^^ why post just to troll?

aadil77
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
the world affairs section isn't normally busy anyway, its the interface people bugger off cos of it

marwen
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
loool :D

Alhamdulillah (Thank God) for that ! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!