/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not praying Salaah 5 times a day? Here's the solution!

Hamza Asadullah
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Not praying Salaah 5 times a day? Here's the solution!

Shaythan is always wanting to divert our attention and focus away from our real purpose in life. We have to continuously remind ourselves as to why we are here and what is our REAL purpose on this earth. Have we been created to study, work, get married, have kids and then die? Well you could say that this is part of what we have to do in our lives on this earth but Allah tells us the sole purpose of our creation:

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 51, Verse 56

What is the greatest form of worship to Allah? The answer is: Salaah!

Salaah is the second pillar of Islam and is the most important act of worship after the Shahada (decleration of faith).

It is the first question we will be asked as Muslims in the hereafter as to whether or not we fulfilled our Salaah or not. Therefore it is the most important act of worship that has been ordained to mankind.

So until our very last breath we should know what our priorities are and focus on fulfilling all of our Salaah as it is the very purpose of our creation.

Shaythan is very well aware that Salaah is our biggest obligation and so therefore is forever trying to divert mans attention away from fulfilling this obligation to Allah.

He whispers every excuse possible into our eyes and unfrotunatley a lot of the times we fall victim to his whispers.

Unfortunatley a lot of us are "Eid Muslims" as in we pray every Eid but what we don't realise is that Eid is only Waajib(compulsory) and not even Fard(obligatory) even though waajib is close to Fard but do yuo see the point? We are Muslims twice a year and the rest of the year just Muslims by name.

The there are the "Ramadan Muslims" who are just Muslims in Ramadan. They will make the effort to pray in Ramadan and even make the effort to pray Tarawee but the day Eid comes then Eid Salaah is the last Salaah they will read until next Ramadan.

A lot of us are also "Jummah Muslims" for we are only Muslims for Friday prayers and the rest of the week we are only Muslims by name. We chase this world as if we will be here forever but what we don't realise is that NOTHING that we chase in this world will be of any good to us in the hereafter. So are we chasing after the wrong thing? Should we not be chasing after the hereafter?

I'm not saying don't do anything for this world because obviously we have been created to earn our sustanaince with our own hands but where should we put most of our efforts into? Where do investors make their investments? In long term or short term gains? Obviously long term gains. So using this analogy let us think where we should most of our investment into. If we compare where we will spend more time then is it in this world or hereafter? Obviously the hereafter because the hereafter is forever whereas this world can end for us ANY moment.

Therefore we MUST put most of our efforts into investing good deeds into the hereafter for that is what will truly benefit us FOREVER and the gains of this world will only benefit us for a very short while because we will not be able to take our wealth with us. We will leave EVERYTHING we have invested into this world here. So we can work SO hard all of our lives but then we can die the next day and all that would have gone to waste.

Many of us have also become "Convenience Muslims" as in we only pray when it suits us best or "when we have time". We must leave this concept of only being Muslims for Eid, or in Ramadan, Jummah or convenience whenever it suits us best.

There is NO such thing as being a part time Muslim. We CANNOT be Muslims when we want to be now and again. We CANNOT be Muslims only by name and not action. Therefore let us be proper Muslims and be proud of the fact that we are Muslims and that we have been given imaan but if we neglect our imaan then we may risk losing it and destroying ourselves.

Rather than moulding our life around our Salaah we mould our Salaah around our life so whenever we are sitting around at home then we decide to pray.

We must remember that it is an act of kufr(disbelief) to neglect the Salaah beyond its correct time and this is for missing one Salaah but how many Salaah do we continuously miss day in and day out? Some scholars even say missing Salaah intentionally takes one out of the fold of Islam. This is how serious missing Salaah really is!

Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." (Muslim)

It is a major sin to miss even one prayer and leaving even one Salaah without a valid excuse is said to cause one to spend tens of thousands of years in Jahannam and on top of that every Salaah missed is VAST rewards missed out which we will never be able to gain back.

Therefore it is incumbant on us that we fulfil ALL of our Salaah and not make excuses as to why we cannot fulfill it because Islam has been made easy for us but it is us who makes it hard upon ourselves and because of the amount of sins that we committ we find it hard to do even simple acts of worship.

Allah does not burden anyone more than they can bare but Salaah takes a matter of minutes to pray. There are 1440 minutes in a day. If we were to calculate all of the Salaah together then on average it would add upto around 40 minutes per day for praying 5 Salaah.

That's 40 minutes of our time each day on Salaah which is just 3% of our day. Can we not even manage that for the one who feeds us, clothes us, given us wealth, families, sustains us, gives us evergy in our muscles to function and work, gave us our health and working limbs. The one who has given us EVERYTHING we can see, hear, feel and touch.

How unnappreciative is mankind for if man counted the favours of Allah then they would continue counting for ETERNITY! We will NEVER truly realise how much Allah has done for us and we can't even give 3% of our day for the one who created us?

We are truly pathetic and unnappreciative of what we have been given by Allah and we will truly regret it FOREVER in the hereafter.

Therefore let us put our FULL focus into fulfilling ALL of our Salaah no matter what situation we are in for Slaah can be read anywhere as long as it is not in the toilet or where physical dirt can be seen.

Allah has made it so easy for us so let us not make it hard for ourselves and let us not listen to the lame excuses that shaythan and our desires gives us.

Let us not waste a second more for death can approach us at ANY moment and believe me death does not wait for ANYONE! It comes not a second ahead or before its appointed time and if our Salaah is not right then surely we are doomed to destruction.

But it is not easy to start praying 5 times a day instantly and therefore i would recommend a systematic and progressive approach to beginning Salaah and eventually praying all of the Salaah.

This new concept which i have created will enable one to begin with one Salaah which one finds the easiest to pray and then one will pray that particular Salaah for two weeks. One would also keep tabs on which Salaah one has fulfilled and which one has missed. This way one would keep tabs on ones progress.

This will also enable a person to get into the habit of praying each Salaah and this habit will permeate into ones daily life systematically and progressively. Then two weeks later one will add thier second easiest Salaah and pray that along with ones easiest Salaah for two weeks and then one will do the same for the rest of the Salah until one reaches the fifth Salaah 10 weeks later where one can carry one praying 5 times a day inshallah.

This will require your commitment. Your commitment will be to Allah that you will fulfill your obligations to him. There is NO tomorrow this has to be done NOW! If you start now and then die then at least Allah will know that you were at least taking the steps to fulfil your obligations but if you die without even bothering to take the necessary steps then know that you are risking a severe punishment and even the risk of dying without imaan (faith) and we should realise that just because we have imaan right now it does'nt mean we will die with imaan because to die with imaan one has to make a lot of effort and if we are negligent and put it off long enough then it may just be that death will strike us and then it is too late because our ONE chance that we have in this life would be gone FOREVER!

So please download the attachment, print it out and hang it up where you will see it everyday like near your bed etc. Fill it in and keep tabs and get as many ticks as you can and even if you get crosses don't give up but carry on. Also pass on to others so that they may benefit too inshallah.

But remember shaythan will be trying his best to divert your attention away from fulfilling your biggest obligation for he is your sworn enemy and wants your destruction so will you listen to him and destroy yourself? Or put in the little effort that is required in this life for ETERNITY of bliss.

How generous is Allah and how foolish are we that we cannot even see this? We have a veil over our eyes and when we have finally woken up it will be too late!

So make NOW the beginning of a change in your life and start this programme from today for have you not wasted enough time? Do you think you will be here in this world forever? NO for death will strike you at ANY moment so make the changes now and the rest is upto you.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
04-08-2010, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
But it is not easy to start praying 5 times a day instantly and therefore i would recommend a systematic and progressive approach to beginning Salaah and eventually praying all of the Salaah.

This new concept which i have created will enable one to begin with one Salaah which one finds the easiest to pray and then one will pray that particular Salaah for two weeks. One would also keep tabs on which Salaah one has fulfilled and which one has missed. This way one would keep tabs on ones progress.

This will also enable a person to get into the habit of praying each Salaah and this habit will permeate into ones daily life systematically and progressively. Then two weeks later one will add thier second easiest Salaah and pray that along with ones easiest Salaah for two weeks and then one will do the same for the rest of the Salah until one reaches the fifth Salaah 10 weeks later where one can carry one praying 5 times a day inshallah.
Is this halal and wont you be judged for all those other missed prayers?
Salam

Hamza Asadullah
04-08-2010, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
Is this halal and wont you be judged for all those other missed prayers?
Salam
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this 10 week plan will ensure that a person prays all the Salaah inshallah after the 10 week perioud systematically and gradually as oppose to praying whenever it is convenient for them or praying hardly at all. It is not easy to start praying 5 times a day when one has never been into the habit of it. This way one will gradually get into the habit of praying each Salaah at a time until one reaches the goal of 5 times a day. I hope this helps all and please forward to others who you feel may benefit from this but above all it requires ones commitment, determination and devotion.

Maryan0
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this 10 week plan will ensure that a person prays all the Salaah inshallah after the 10 week perioud systematically and gradually as oppose to praying whenever it is convenient for them or praying hardly at all. It is not easy to start praying 5 times a day when one has never been into the habit of it. This way one will gradually get into the habit of praying each Salaah at a time until one reaches the goal of 5 times a day. I hope this helps all and please forward to others who you feel may benefit from this but above all it requires ones commitment, determination and devotion.
Inshallah I will let others know and Jazakhallah for your reply.
Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing..

abu_musab461
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree that this can not be a halal solution, if one commits the sin of leaving the salah, they should repent and part of that repentance is to make firm resolve not to fall in or go back to that sin,and thus by doing so you pray all your salahs on time, especially fajr, if you struggle to wake up then ask family members to wake you or friends ring your phone.

I dont agree with this gradual build upto five salah cos it implies that one should not feel bad or repent from missing the others.

Nokiacrazi
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Only about 3 months ago did I, alhumdulilah, start praying regularly.

Last year I did try, and for about 2 weeks I was successful, but the reason I stopped I feel was due to :

I tried reading all 5 constantly straight away. Many people may be able to do this but I cannot start on 5 and stay on 5.

So about 3 months ago, I just started reading 1 salaah a day. Then it became 2, 3, 4 etc. Unfortunately I am still not reading fajr, but reading the rest alhumdulilah. Anyway, I started with reading JUST farz, and slowly started to read the sunnah e mokkadah.

For me, it works that you should gradually build up your salaah, and once it becomes routine, you will stick with it insha'allah. Allah knows best.

piXie
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
A very important and much needed reminder. May Allaah :arabic2: reward the brother with lots of good for his efforts and help us all to improve our Salah.

Allaah, in His infinite knowledge and wisdom, has already given us a gradual build up of prayer. In the first stage, we copy those around us who pray, such as our parents. No telling. This is when we are below the age of 7 years. In the second stage, we are told to pray. No forcing. This is when we reach 7 years of age. And finally, the last and third stage, we are hit if we don't pray. This is when we are 10 years old. So by the time we reach maturity and prayer has become obligatory upon us, we are already in a habit of praying all our prayers.

However, according to my limited knowledge and understanding, once we have reached the age of maturity then our time for build up is finished, because now prayer has become obligatory upon us. Now, whether we were given that chance to gradually build up or not when we were young, we must try our best to pray all 5.

When love, fear and recognition of Allaah :arabic2: enters a persons heart, they are able to adhere to the Islamic obligations and refrain from its prohibitions. They do not need a gradual build up. I have seen people (new Muslims) who started praying all their 5 prayers in just one night and have not left a single prayer out ever since, because Islam entered their hearts. Subhan Allaah, it still amazes me how they change their lives so drastically and give up so much for the sake of their faith. May Allaah honour and bless us, who are born into Muslim homes, with the same zeal and eemaan.

Nokiacrazi
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
. I have seen people (new Muslims) who started praying all their 5 prayers in just one night and have not left a single prayer out ever since, because Islam entered their hearts.
May Allah make us among these types of people, and may he allow Islam to truly enter our hearts, insha'allah.

Hamza Asadullah
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi
May Allah make us among these types of people, and may he allow Islam to truly enter our hearts, insha'allah.
Allahumma Ameen

kite runner
06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Ameen. good post

abu_zakariah
06-24-2010, 06:09 AM
jazakallah khair

~ Sabr ~
05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
:bump:

Person1001
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
From experience abandonment of prayer stems from two main reasons:

(1) when you commit big sins - you feel hypocritical when you pray.
(2) when you dont see any visible results from prayer - it becomes just a simple exercise.

True-blue
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Person1001
From experience abandonment of prayer stems from two main reasons:

But it should be quite the opposite. I mean after committing a sin you must pray , ask for forgiveness of Allah, and promise to not commit that sin again.

(2) when you dont see any visible results from prayer - it becomes just a simple exercise.
Allah does not help those who do not help themselves.

013.011 For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it (their state of goodness) themselves (by committing sins and being ungrateful and disobedient to Allah). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

So, a Muslim can not believe that goals could be attained just by praying, they will also have to work. Reward of Prayer will certainly be given at life after death even if it is not given in this life.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-15-2012, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
We must remember that it is an act of kufr(disbelief) to neglect the Salaah beyond its correct time and this is for missing one Salaah but how many Salaah do we continuously miss day in and day out? Some scholars even say missing Salaah intentionally takes one out of the fold of Islam. This is how serious missing Salaah really is!
I just hope i can adjust to salah as its my biggest issue now :hmm:. I will have issue waking up for it no doubt.

Qurratul Ayn
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
:salamext:

Jazak'Allaah Khair.

Great post Brother Hamza Asadullah!

:salamext:

Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Missing Asr prayer is like losing ones family and property!

Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Whoever misses the
'Asr prayer (intentionally) then it is as if he lost his family and
property."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 527

crimsontide06
01-04-2013, 01:14 AM
This is the biggest reason for me, when I do pray, I find myself watching what I say,do, look at, and listen to but when I do sin (my main problem is masturbation...>.>) then I cannot pray because it feels hypocritical.

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Prayer (Salah) is the foundational pillar of our faith (Imaan):

Just as a physical structure cannot stand without its foundational pillars, our Islamic faith cannot stand without the foundational pillar of Salaah.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Between us [the believers] and them [the disbelievers] is the prayer, and whoever leaves it falls into kufr (Disbelief)". (Al-Tirmidhi)

He also said, “What is between a person and committing shirk (associating partners with Allah) and kufr (disbelief) is abandoning the prayer” (Muslim).

He said further, “The first matter that the servant [of Allah] will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad” (Al-Tabarani)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!