/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Europe turning intolerant to Islam?

Uthman
04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
This article presents a good summary of current attitudes towards Islam in several countries around Europe:

Is Europe turning intolerant to Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Good Article, thnx for sharing.
I think yes, Europe has already become intolerant to Islam. They can give arguments why they are intolerant, but they surely can't claim tolerance with muslims. All these european "renaissance" values about tolerance and freedom of religion seem to be inapplicable when it comes to Islam.

Supreme
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I was hoping Britain wasn't going to be mentioned, but it was last.

Neverthless, a few hostile attitudes by a some Brits that were polled is hardly on the same scale as legislation that wants to ban the Burka and/or minarets.

aadil77
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Europe has been intolerent of islam for a while now, crusades? War on islam in iraq and afghanistan?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JoshuaD
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Europe has been intolerent of islam for a while now, crusades? War on islam in iraq and afghanistan?
Muslims started it with their invasion of Europe and colonisation of Spain and Southern Italy.

Thank you Charles Martel!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Muslims started it with their invasion of Europe and colonisation of Spain and Southern Italy.
well it was either going to be us or you guys...what's the matter, greening with envy :D

:shade:

aadil77
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JoshuaD

Thank you Charles Martel!
yh we invaded but didn't massacre innocent men women and children unlike your bloody terrorist crusaders

Salihah
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I always feel ashamed when Europe is blamed to be intolerant to islam. This quesiton will only lead into anger on both sides. :hmm:
The same when someone said all muslims are terrorist or whatever.
People are not the same and no country is like another.
I live in an open western society. Does that automatically mean I am a bad and intolerant person?
Many muslims live here very happy. In Europe we have so many mosque and islamic organisations. You see, I can also be a benefit to live in an non islamic country. Because you have religious freedom (unless u break the law) and if you wold take the chance, you could bring islam closer to us in a peaceful way.
Of course there are discussions if a mosque should be build or if hijab should be forbidden. I dont agree with it that this is intolerance. Mainly it is just a reaction caused by less knowledge about islam. People are afraid of something new, sthg they dont know.
There should be more interaction between both parts. So please dont see Europe as an enemy and take your chance discuss and exchange your principles.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!