/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Part time job salary

Beardo
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
How much does a part time job pay for example at like a grocery store or retail or something? On average. Please be sure to specify country as well. I'm mainly looking for US.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
in Canada it would be around $8/hr? If you are working without a Social Insurance Number, which you are not legally allowed to, then people will try to rip you off and give you like $6/hr and you cannot do anything about it.

Beardo
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
How many hours a month is part time range?

SMA89
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
You would get paid Minimum wage if you work in those environments.
Minimum wage in Canada was just raised to 10.25/hr on March 31st.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
It will really depend on your area. I'd go in and ask at various places.

In high school, 12-ish years ago, I made minimum wage, and then got raises of a nickel or a dime every 6 months :phew

Here and now in the twin cities, minnesota, I think the starting wage is usually a dollar or 2 more than the minimum.

Part time is anywhere from 10 to 32 hours, usually.

CosmicPathos
04-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Part time is usually anything less than 40 hours per week.

Beardo
04-08-2010, 03:41 AM
UmmSqueeker: Jazax, just what I was looking for.

I asked my friend at school today.. He said it's usually 24 hrs a week, $10 an hour average.

ardianto
04-08-2010, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

I asked my friend at school today.. He said it's usually 24 hrs a week, $10 an hour average.
That's why some people from poor countries want to move to US.

CosmicPathos
04-08-2010, 05:07 AM
well in NA if you are working less than 40 hours/week, you are considered part time.

GuCcI
04-13-2010, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
in Canada it would be around $8/hr? If you are working without a Social Insurance Number, which you are not legally allowed to, then people will try to rip you off and give you like $6/hr and you cannot do anything about it.
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Part time is usually anything less than 40 hours per week.
Salam
err... minimum wage was just under $8 back in 2005 when I got my first job lol. Right now its been raised to $10.25 in Ontario. So that is the minimum an employer would legally need to pay. In the US, the minimum wage is much different, and probably differs by state right? So it really depends on that. Some grocery stores may bump you up a couple nickels depending on your 'experience' and what not. Some have 'tiers' or 'levels' of employee pay.
I'm pretty sure you are classified as part time when you work less than 37.5 hours.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!