/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this backbiting? Is it revealing sins?

innocent
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Salam alaikum.

If a woman was separating from her husband and people ask her why she separated and she tells them the reasons by revealing his sins then is this permissible. Will she be sinning by revealing his sins or is this permissible as she has to give reasons to her family why she left him.

Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Anyone?....??

Alpha Dude
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

Yes, it would be revealing sins.

She doesn't have to explicitly tell everything. She can just say that she had 'differences' with him or that he wasn't fulfilling his responsiblities. No need to say further than necessary. Although I know it's not exactly the easiest thing to do.

piXie
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
:sl:

It depends. Giving reasons to concerned, sincere, sensible family members (e.g. mother or father), is very different from giving reasons to other people. With the former, the people involved need to know the situation in order to advise and counsel correctly, understand and help decide - Therefore, telling them can be necessary. But like brother Alpha said, tell no further than neccessary, because its just not necessary.

Whereas in the latter situation, where other relatives, people or aunties start asking.... then they really must stop being so nosey :hmm: also because this can lead to gossip. Personally, I dislike people asking me these sort of personal family related questions. Family matters should be kept within the family, and no need to discuss them with anyone else if one can help it.

I can't remember which incident this was, or whether I am getting confused with another story, but there was a woman who spoke to the Calipha about wanting a divorce from her husband. Her husband was a very difficult person etc etc. But she never said anything bad about him. Her words were only, 'I fear that I will not be able to fulfil my obligations towards him'

In every situation.. there is a sinful way of handling it, and a permissible way of handling it. But there is also the best way of handling it - and that is the most honorable way. We should be praying and aspiring for that way. And Allaah knows best. May He help and protect us - and make us of those who handle every situation in life honorably and wisely.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
04-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Asalalikum
I think she should not shows his shortcommings to other and same i think should be the behaviour of man. he also dont say anything bad of her.... i dont blv that if a couple go for dovorce, it means one of them is bad.....maybe both will very pious and nice, but divorce is a solution when a couple cant get satisfaction/understanding in their relation, so let them go their way rather to sufffer for whole life.
simply the answer can be....we cant have much understanding so we think let to seprate.
JZK
WASLM

Hamza Asadullah
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Salam alaikum.

If a woman was separating from her husband and people ask her why she separated and she tells them the reasons by revealing his sins then is this permissible. Will she be sinning by revealing his sins or is this permissible as she has to give reasons to her family why she left him.

Jazakallah khair.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it would suffice just to say that things did not work out between you to as it would not be necessery to reveal your personal details in marriage to people. If they ask further then simply say that you wish not to discuss any further as some people are quite nosy and do try to probe but they should not be told any details as they are the gossipers who tend to spread rumours and gossip.

and Allah knows best in all matters

جوري
05-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I remember once reading a story about early Muslims..

where this man was on the verge of divorce from his wife and folks would constantly ask him what is going on, what went wrong, and he'd say, ''how do you expect me to speak of my wife?'' then eventually they divorced and married other people, and folks would ask him again, well now that you are divorced what had happened? and he'd say '' How do you expect me to speak about someone else's wife''

sob7an Allah..

that time of Chivalry and principal is now long gone imho..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!