/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salawaat

Lonely Gal
04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Slaam everyone.

few questions i need ans please
I have come across a dua that is stating after the namaz of 4 rak'at (sets of 2) to recite 51 x salawaat.. what is it that i actually have to recite?

Also in the 1st rak'at after AL-humd recite the surah Iklaas a number of times... now is this staright after the words 'Al-humd' or is there a verse or further part of a phase (sorry not sure what term to use)

When it states in the 'Qunoot' of a namaz recite something... what stage is this?

I have come across something that should be recited 100 times bare-headed and raised hands.. is this right as i thought a woman's head must always be covered?

When it state to recite Tasbeeh of Bibi Fatima Zahra(s.A) what does one have to actually do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
:sl:

Wow, I don't know where to begin. I will just begin by saying there is a difference between what is required and what we should strive for. I am assuming you are a revert to Islam. Keep in mind Islam is not supposed to be difficult or beyond what we can do.

At this point stick only with the basics and as you grow in Islam begin to strive for perfection, preferably under the guidance of an Iman or recognized scholar. I will be back and begin posting the requirements for each of the 5 daily prayers. Begin with that and give yourself time to grow and learn where to seek further knowledge.

Woodrow
04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Let us begin with Fajr and the basics of what is required. This video says it clearer than my typical long winded explanations. There are minor differences between how a female does it which I will cover in my next post. But here is what is required for Fajr. I will cover the remaining 4 one at a time.

Insaanah
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
few questions i need ans please
I have come across a dua that is stating after the namaz of 4 rak'at (sets of 2) to recite 51 x salawaat.. what is it that i actually have to recite?

Also in the 1st rak'at after AL-humd recite the surah Iklaas a number of times... now is this staright after the words 'Al-humd' or is there a verse or further part of a phase (sorry not sure what term to use)

When it states in the 'Qunoot' of a namaz recite something... what stage is this?

I have come across something that should be recited 100 times bare-headed and raised hands.. is this right as i thought a woman's head must always be covered?

When it state to recite Tasbeeh of Bibi Fatima Zahra(s.A) what does one have to actually do?

May I ask what you are intending on reciting these formulas for? I'm assuming, rightly or wrongly, that you might have seen written in a book or been told by someone to recite x thing y number of times, and x thing 100 times bareheaded etc for a certain purpose.

That being the case, with a few exceptions, these things are not normally from the sunnah, i.e. they are not normally things that the Prophet :saws: did or his sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) did. As far as I know, Rasoolullah :saws: never advised any dua that had to read bareheaded not did he specify read salawaat x number of times for y purpose.

There are many duas from the Qur'an and duas that rasoolullah :saws: used to recite recorded in hadeeth. If you let us know the purpose of your recitation, we might be able to find the relevant ones for you.

Just a word of warning, nowhere in sunnah is it stipulated that for a certain purpose, after Surah Fatiha recite Surah Ikhlaas x number of times, or recite something 100 times bareheaded. Such things don't usuallly come from the sunnah. There are some duas from the sunnah that you recite a certain number of times, but generally not in salaat and not specifically bareheaded. However the tasbeeh of Fatima (may Alla be pleased with her) IS recorded in the ahadeeth, and, it is to recite Takbir (Allah is Great) (Allah-u-Akbar) thirty-four times and Tasbih (Subhan Allah) (Glorified be Allah) thirty-three times and Tahmid (Al-Hamdu Lillah) (All praise be to Allah) thirty-three times.

Here is the translation of the hadeeth this is mentioned in:

'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Fatimah had corns in her hand because of working at the hand-mill. There had fallen to the lot of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) some prisoners of war. She (Fatimah) came to the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) but she did not find him (in the house). She met 'A'ishah and informed her (about her hardship). When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came, 'A'ishah informed him about the visit of Fatimah. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to them (Fatimah and her family). They had gone to their beds. 'Ali further (reported): We tried to stand up (as a mark of respect) but Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Stay as you are, and he sat between us and I felt coldness of his feet upon my chest. He then said: May I direct you to something better than what you have asked for? When you go to your bed, you should recite Takbir (Allah is Great) (Allah-u-Akbar) thirty-four times and Tasbih (Subhan Allah) (Glorified be Allah) thirty-three times and Tahmid (Al-Hamdu Lillah) (All praise be to Allah) thirty-three times, and that is better than the servant for you.
(Sahih Muslim, 4906, Arabic)

Perhaps there will be a dua from the Qur'an and sunnah that can help. If you're interested or feel comfortable, let us know.

If I've got it wrong, plaese forgive me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely Gal
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I am facing quiet a few struggles in life and have some desires in order to make me a better muslim..
i came across [mod edit: untrusted site] website where this information i originallly posted has come from.. is this info not correct?

Alpha Dude
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
:sl: Sister, that is actually a shia site.

Salahudeen
04-09-2010, 11:59 PM
be careful where you get your information from sister. follow this principle. For everything in the religion there has to be proof from Qur'an and authentic sunnah. If it's not in those 2 sources then it's not from Islam and it's innovation. And be weary of people who mis interpret verses of Qur'an and hadith to justify their innovation.

Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 05:21 AM
thnk u all for the info.. i will try to get correct info

Insaanah
04-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I am facing quiet a few struggles in life and have some desires in order to make me a better muslim.
Sister, make du'a to Allah, tell Him exactly how you feel and ask Him to ease your affairs for you and to solve your problems. Making du'a is the best thing from the sunnah. Also here are some links to du'as from the sunnah for anxiety, distress, sorrow etc:

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=34
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=40
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=35
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=43

May Allah ease your affairs sister. Ameen.

Mr.President
04-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Go to www.islamqa.com superb site

Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
thank u Insane Insaan and Mr President for the links
does anyone have links to make duas for a need, a desire .. a lots happening and jus wan make sincere dua for the impossible to become possible

Insaanah
04-11-2010, 10:38 AM
thank u Insane Insaan and Mr President for the links
does anyone have links to make duas for a need, a desire .. a lots happening and jus wan make sincere dua for the impossible to become possible

All you need to do is raise your hands to Allah, tell Him your situation, ask Him what you want. There are no prescribed words or formulas from the sunnah. You just make dua for what you want. Allah can hear what you're saying, you dont need any "set" thing to recite. Make dua at all times remember Allah often, mention Him as part of habit anyway.

A means of having one's du'a accepted, is by mentioning the dire circumstances that one is in, and the desperate need that one has for Allah's Mercy and Blessings E.g. in Surah Maryam, ayah 4, Zakariyya alaihissalaam starts his du'a for a son by mentioning the state that he is in of old age, and how he needs a son, for he might be on the verge of death. Nuh alaissalaam, when he was rejected by his own people, cried out, "Annee maghloobun fantasir! I have been overpowered, so help me!" (Surah al-Qamar, ayah 10). So he mentioned the appalling circumstances that he was in - that he had been overpowered by his enemies - and used that in the du'a to increase the chances of his du'a being responded to. Likewise, when Musa was alone in the valley of Midyan, with no supporter or helper, he cried to Allah, "Rabbi innee limaa anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeer! O my Lord! Verily I am faqir (needy) for whatever good that you can send down upon me."(Surah al-Qasas, ayah 24). This is even used amongst people. E.g. doesn't a beggar, when he stands up to ask for money, announce, "I am a person with a large family, and I have many debts to pay back, and cannot find work...?" All of this is used in order for him to obtain more sympathy from the people that hear him, and indeed to Allah belongs the greatest example.

So raise your hands to Him, make Du'a, ask Him, sincerely and humbly. That's all you have to do sis. May Allah eas your affairs. Ameen.

Lonely Gal
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
thanks very much
really appreciated

brotherubaid
04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
May Allah reward you sister , May Allah reward Insane Insaan n every one else whocame here.

Sister know that the Sunnah is the way of salvation , Sunnah is like the ark of noah , nooh alihi as sallam , sister stick to the quran n sunnah , N make ur connection with Allah stronger , He is there all the time for us , we are the ones who dont never ask , we never really reach out to Him.

Stick with sisters like Insane Insaan n other sisters on this forum and InshahAllah stay away from the Isamic sites on the net Unless if it is recomended to you by some one who knows the right from wrong n knows the sunnah.

اسأل الله سبحانه و تعالى ان يجعل لك من كل هم فرجا و من كل ضيق مخرجا

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!