PDA

View Full Version : please reply with evidence from quran and sunnah please thanks



cat eyes
04-09-2010, 07:12 PM
i am a bit worried that some muslims whom are not practicing are getting misinformed :(

Is this a correct mentality to have that if one dose not pray and dose not even do anything even remotely islamic..

Well those muslims who are jummah muslims and eid muslim.... sometimes muslim and sometimes not muslim

That believe they will go to jannah just believing on the kalma. keeping in mind the person dose not do salah at all

is it true this person will go to hell but then will be taken out of hell. if the person believes this

being the reason why they have zero fear of Allah at all so they do not pray and are very laid back

because they just believe only knowing kalma only will allow them into jannah.

what evidence can i show that this is wrong thinking :hmm:

what type of dawah can i give to people like this? there seems to be alot of muslims like this
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

I was under the impression that Allah (SWT) can forgive all sins except for major shirk - maybe someone can verify this. But, NO ONE can guarantee themselves a place in Jannah. That is up to Allah 'azza wa jall. Allah is Al-Hakam (The Judge).

These "non-practising" Muslims- need to be reminded that the torment of the fire is unimaginable.

57.1 Description of Jahannam (from Imam Malik's Al-Muwatta')

1 Malik related to me from Abu'z-Zinad from al-A'raj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The fire of the children of Adam which they kindle is a seventieth part of the fire of Jahannam." They said, "Messenger of Allah, this fire is certainly enough." he said, "That fire is sixty-nine times greater."

[Bukhari 3092 and Muslim]

An-Nar is not a matter to be taken lightly; and this is what people need to be reminded (in a non-threatening manner inshaAllah). The reason for our naseeha inshaAllah is to protect our Muslim brothers and sisters from the punishment of Allah (SWT) and not to boost our own ego as if to say 'hey, look at us- you should be more like ME'. We are one ummah. I remind myself of this before anyone else.

waAllahu 'Alam.

Fee Amaanillah.
Reply

Snowflake
04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
:sl:

I think this attitude comes from hearing the (or similar )hadith that whoever has a mustard seeds measure of imaan will be taken out of Hell-Fire and entered into Jannah. By the mercy of Allah, that will happen eventually. So due to this belief, they think belief in the Kalimah equates to having that much imaan at least. But only Allah knows how long a person will face the punishment of Hell. With the lightest punishment being wearing shoes of fire, even a milli-second would be unbearable.

If you can provide them with evidence of the punishments in the Here-After, inshaAllah it may make them realize that just reading the kalimah is not enough. Jannah has levels, and the people of the lowest jannah will not even see Allah's beautiful Face. That will be the reward of those whose worked hard in the dunya to earn their Lord's pleasure. Ask them why should someone who didn't strive in the way of his Lord, fulfil His commands and forsake worldly pleasures reap the same rewards as those who did. That wouldn't be fair. Remind them that a sinner can be in Hell for a long time before he is forgiven.


You can find plenty of hadith that prove all the above. But be prepared, some people still won't listen no matter how much evidence you provide. At times like that all you can do is make dua for them.


:wa:
Reply

Salahudeen
04-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Islam tells us that emaan consists of three things they are

1. Belief in the heart

2. Utterance on the tongue

3. And action of the limbs

emaan manifests itself in these 3. If you're missing one, say belief in the heart then you have no emaan, and the same goes for action of the limbs, if you don't show Islam in your limbs then it's doubtful it's in your heart.

as the saying goes talk is cheap. You say you believe then you should show it in your actions by obeying Allah. Anyone can say the kalima and claim to believe, but what seperates those who just say it on their tongue and those who have real belief is action of the limbs.

People with weak/ no belief find it hard to show it in their actions.

So to have emaan you have to have all 3. It's not sufficient to just utter it on your tongue without action. And you can see when a person has emaan because they do righteous things, like if they found a wallet they'd go and find the owner.

Once I found a USB stick that sombody left in the computer and I could've tooken it and put it in my pocket and no one would have been none the wiser, but my emaan told me that Allah would not like this and I will questioned on the day of judgement so I returned it to the owner,

If a person had weak/no emaan he probably would've thought "who cares finders keepers!" so his emaan is not showing in his actions, similarly with salah also. You have to show emaan on your limbs and in your actions and in your words.

if you want hadith about emaan consisting of three thing let me know.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Salahudeen
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM
also do you need hadith about consqeunces of missing salah?
Reply

Innocent Soul
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Assalamualaikum

You just try to explain them the advantages of prayers say them that those who pray every prayer will have a very good place in jannah,take them to prayer,ask them which prayer they have prayed.Then maybe they will realise that they are missing so many prayers make them think about the nature howAllah made them with so many organs make them feel blessed for what they have, make them think that jannah is not a small to that we will get it easily. They will get a very harmful torment if they do not pray.Allah is the all-seeingwhile they are praying or not. No one can see your whole life except Allah. May Allah make us from the righteous.
Ameen
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 02:32 PM
its just a few non practicing muslims that come along to the taleem

its true we cannot get through to them no matter how much we try. they said imam told them all this. now what imam is this that tells a muslim its okay not to pray because you will go to jannah anyway?

They already know the importance of salah because at the taleems hadiths are being read out that salah is part of faith..
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by squiggle
Islam tells us that emaan consists of three things they are

1. Belief in the heart

2. Utterance on the tongue

3. And action of the limbs

emaan manifests itself in these 3. If you're missing one, say belief in the heart then you have no emaan, and the same goes for action of the limbs, if you don't show Islam in your limbs then it's doubtful it's in your heart.

as the saying goes talk is cheap. You say you believe then you should show it in your actions by obeying Allah. Anyone can say the kalima and claim to believe, but what seperates those who just say it on their tongue and those who have real belief is action of the limbs.

People with weak/ no belief find it hard to show it in their actions.

So to have emaan you have to have all 3. It's not sufficient to just utter it on your tongue without action. And you can see when a person has emaan because they do righteous things, like if they found a wallet they'd go and find the owner.

Once I found a USB stick that sombody left in the computer and I could've tooken it and put it in my pocket and no one would have been none the wiser, but my emaan told me that Allah would not like this and I will questioned on the day of judgement so I returned it to the owner,

If a person had weak/no emaan he probably would've thought "who cares finders keepers!" so his emaan is not showing in his actions, similarly with salah also. You have to show emaan on your limbs and in your actions and in your words.

if you want hadith about emaan consisting of three thing let me know.
exactly its really stupid you know.. what was the point of creating this earth and people if all we had to do was not do anything like worshiping Allah swt

and just passing your time doing nothing for islam. what was the point of Allah sending down the scriptures

And all the prophets going through such hardships. if it was not for our beloved prophet mohammad (saw) Allah would have turned us into monkeys by now.

It justs makes me a little angry. sometimes i think aah whats the point giving dawah to muslims you know because Allah said the one Allah guides no one can misguide the one that Allah sends astray, no one can guide

but even still Allah can guide them and maybe thats why i still have hope. you never know anything can happen.
Reply

Salahudeen
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by cat eyes
exactly its really stupid you know.. what was the point of creating this earth and people if all we had to do was not do anything like worshiping Allah swt

and just passing your time doing nothing for islam. what was the point of Allah sending down the scriptures

And all the prophets going through such hardships. if it was not for our beloved prophet mohammad (saw) Allah would have turned us into monkeys by now.

It justs makes me a little angry. sometimes i think aah whats the point giving dawah to muslims you know because Allah said the one Allah guides no one can misguide the one that Allah sends astray, no one can guide

but even still Allah can guide them and maybe thats why i still have hope. you never know anything can happen.
You can only tell pepple and give them the message that's all you can do. if they choose to reject it then you've done your job as far as Allah is concerned.
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by squiggle
You can only tell pepple and give them the message that's all you can do. if they choose to reject it then you've done your job as far as Allah is concerned.
Sometimes you feel you have not done enough because your afraid for yourself but at the same time you have a fear for others also.
Reply

Getoffmyback
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't Why but your post sounds like me . Well its not that i don't believe in heaven and hell but i just don't think about it . Even when i read articles about punishment i don't feel like i want to continue reading . I know that there is a whole book about the grave punishment but i always ask where did they get all these informations? Because its So detailed .
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I don't Why but your post sounds like me . Well its not that i don't believe in heaven and hell but i just don't think about it . Even when i read articles about punishment i don't feel like i want to continue reading . I know that there is a whole book about the grave punishment but i always ask where did they get all these informations? Because its So detailed .
they got all that info from the prophet (saw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh2GM...eature=related watch this
Reply

Salahudeen
04-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I don't Why but your post sounds like me . Well its not that i don't believe in heaven and hell but i just don't think about it . Even when i read articles about punishment i don't feel like i want to continue reading . I know that there is a whole book about the grave punishment but i always ask where did they get all these informations? Because its So detailed .
not thinking about it is bad because you should ponder over what will happen when you die. I've noticed non Muslim's don't like talking about it also, whenever you raise the topic of death with them they quickly change the subject like they just don't think about it at all.

You have to think about it so you can be motivated to set goals, don't just switch it off in your mind. face the reality. come to terms with it and confront it.
Reply

Getoffmyback
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Even in jannah people will be leveled it looks the same as on earth! People on the lowest jannah will never see the face of god . Are we gonna be equal ? Ever?
Reply

KittenLover
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
Even in jannah people will be leveled it looks the same as on earth! People on the lowest jannah will never see the face of god . Are we gonna be equal ? Ever?
equal in terms of? you want equal reward as everyone else in jannah? it doesn;t work like that brother. You are rewarded according to how hard you struggled in this life to obey Allah, do you think the reward of a martyr should be equal to your reward? when a martyr has made the ultimate sacrafice? You're rewarded according to your deeds so if you want a better reward then do more good deeds.

don't feel bad about the fact other people will get a better reward in jannah because they fully deserve it, and you will be rewarded with what you deserve according to your deeds.
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
Even in jannah people will be leveled it looks the same as on earth! People on the lowest jannah will never see the face of god . Are we gonna be equal ? Ever?
well think about it for a second. this world is not for enjoyment so is it really fair that a person who did so much for god and helped so many people so that person should be on the same level as a person who did absolutely nothing, a person who cheated people and was selfish and never gave his money to charity and you want that these two people should be on the highest rank in jannah together? come on. you are not really thinking about this properly. Allah said he is just and fair so if Allah is just and fair he will give the highest rank to the person who worked for him all his life
Reply

cat eyes
04-10-2010, 04:50 PM
what on earth are you talking about??

''if something like that exists''

of course it exists!!!!

It is confirmed from Quran and Sunnah that there are different degrees of rank in Jannah.
From some of the narrations(hadiths) it is understood that there are hundred ranks of Jannah.
Allah says:
4:95 " Those of the believers who sit still, other than those who have a (disabling) hurt, are not on an equality with those who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives. Allah hath conferred on those who strive with their wealth and lives a rank above the sedentary. Unto each Allah hath promised good, but He hath bestowed on those who strive a great reward above the sedentary; "

4:96 " Degrees of rank from Him, and forgiveness and mercy. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. "


58:11 " Allah will exalt those who believe among you, and those who have knowledge, to high ranks. Allah is informed of what ye do."

6:132 "For all there will be ranks from what they did Thy Lord is not unaware of what they do. "

There are eight gates of Jannah.
Bukhari, Vol 4, Book 54. Beginning Of Creation. Hadith 479.
Narrated By Sahl bin Sad: The Prophet said, "Paradise has eight gates, and one of them is called Ar-RAIYAN through which none will enter but those who observe fasting." The Prophet also said, "If a person spends two different kinds of something (for Allah's Cause), he will be called from the gates of Paradise."


Bukhari, Vol 3, Book 31. Fasting. Hadith 121.
Narrated By Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever gives two kinds (of things or property) in charity for Allah's Cause, will be called from the gates of Paradise and will be addressed, 'O slaves of Allah! Here is prosperity.' So, whoever was amongst the people who used to offer their prayers, will be called from the gate of the prayer; and whoever was amongst the people who used to participate in Jihad, will be called from the gate of Jihad; and whoever was amongst those who used to observe fasts, will be called from the gate of Ar-RAIYAN; whoever was amongst those who used to give in charity, will be called from the gate of charity." Abu Bakr said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! No distress or need will befall him who will be called from those gates. Will there be any one who will be called from all these gates?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, and I hope you will be one of them."

Allah says:
52:21 "And they who believe and whose seed(descendants) follow them in faith, We cause their seed to join them (there), and We deprive them of naught of their (life's) work. Every man is a pledge for that which he hath earned. "

Hence if we and our offsprings are same in Iman but due to the deeds one is at a higher rank and other is at a lower rank then Allah has promised to join them together in the higher rank of Jannah.

A believer may do the acts like these:
Muslim, Book 13. Bequests. Hadith 4005.
Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When a MAN DIES, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).
Once he dies then he can't do any thing.
Wassalam and Allah knows best.
Reference:
Islamic city
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!