/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Swimming for men

zakknight1
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Salaam Brothers and sisters,

I was just wondering if its aloud for men to go swimming at a pool where there might be women? The probelm is my local pool doesn't have a men only time.

Jazak allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum brother..
The answer to your question is no...its not allowed.However, i dont have no refs on that, but Insha`Allaah another brother or sister, can help you out and give you more refs and advice Insha`Allaah...
Its forbidden to be with another Male or Female in such state..because theyre not your Mahram, only infront of your wife it would be permissable...
Your going to have quit this whole swimming Fisabililah until you find a Mens only Swimming centre..
Try search for another swimming centre, where they supply a mens only pool..Insha`Allaah i hope i helped...
Surely, you shall recieve better advice, if mine is not so helpful Insha`Allaah...

Wa`alaaykum Salaam

Banu_Hashim
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Salaamu Alaikum Akhi,

I found this. I hope it's relevant and helps inshaAllah. Aren't there time period where you can rent the whole swimming pool? Why not get a few brothers together and try it?

Fee Amaanillah.

CosmicPathos
04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
is it a pool for Muslim women? No then you are not allowed. But if its a men pool, Muslim women are not allowed to go there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakknight1
04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Jazak allah for your replys.

Sadly I dont think they rent the pool out.

I could try going reall early in the morning when its probably going to be emty but theres always a chance it wont be?

marwen
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakknight1
Jazak allah for your replys.

Sadly I dont think they rent the pool out.

I could try going reall early in the morning when its probably going to be emty but theres always a chance it wont be?
May be this can be a solution, but to avoid the risk, I think you should look for another just-for-men pool, or try to ask the owner if there is a possibility to fix a time where the pool is used just by men.

Supreme
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Out of interest, which country do you live in? Because here in Britain, we have stuff like that... only it's very limited. I've never been to a pool that isn't unisex, and I go swimmin rather often, although I have heard about Muslim specific events, although I'm not sure how largescale such events are.

islamirama
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
have you tried going later in the evening? My bros used to go after magreb and there was no one there. Even if there is someone, its too dark for you to see anything :D

zakknight1
04-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Thank you for all this advice, I will inshallah leave the pool for now and see if I can track down one that has a 'mens only' time.

Jazak allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!