/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religious Affiliation of the IB members! (To which Religion we belong)

Masuma
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim (In the name of ALLAH, the MOST GRACIOUS, the MOST MERCIFUL)

Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuh! (May the blessings and mercy of ALLAH on all of you!)

Dear brother/sister in Islam or dear brother/sister in humanity,

This POLL is regarding the “Religious Affiliation of the Islamic Board Members” (to which Religions we belong). It would provide us with the general information of the religions of the Islamic Board members.

I first requested brother Rashad to conduct it but as he so crystal clearly didn’t:hmm: (and I'm not talking to him again:p) so I decided to do it myself.

BENEFITS:
The benefits of this Poll are many. For example

1. It would be really helpful to know that the forum has how many religions’ members in total.
  2. It would show that the IB represents a wide spectrum of society and doesn’t voice Muslims only.
  3. Some people, like me, who are interested in doing “Da’wah (calling to the way of ALLAH, our true God) would know what to prepare for before any discussions.
  4. It would provide us with the general information about the members here.
  5. Last and the most important point is that this Poll, representing this awesome Islamic Board Forum, would be a marvelous example of how people belonging to various religions of the world could co-exist in such a friendly and amiable way; how such huge differences, if not exploited by evil people for their selfish agendas,:raging: are just not a big deal and hindrance in the way for establishing a healthy society. How we all many times put our differences aside and help the other person out irrespective of whether the other person is our brother/sister in religion. We may be the representatives of the various sects and ideological groups but we many a times might have thought that being Humans, we are not so different actually.:statisfie (…Eeennn! I think I should write a speech for President Obama, what do you think people?! ;);D

PROBLEM:
The only problem which I can identify is that it might happen that not all members of the IB may cast their vote which would leave their religion unrepresented and so we’ll not get accurate results at the end. Please people, I don’t want that to happen!

So you can do me a great favor by making sure that all the people you know here on this forum have cast their vote. And if you find any guilty of the unpardonable sin of not casting their vote,then you’ve the full right to throttle him/her or to banish him/her from the ground or to… Naaa…was kidding only!:D

You can respectfully give the link of the thread to him/her and can request on my behalf.
So now after GOD, the success of this Poll is in your hand dear voter.

REQUEST:
Dear voter, if you fall in the category of “Other” then can you please verify your religion’s name? You can post a reply to this thread.

Jazakumullahu Khair!

Farewell to you all!:statisfie

And Allahafiz! (May ALLAH protect you):muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Very good Idea, mashallah! May Allah reward you for this effort !
I see few members voting, may be because many members are not connected. May be we should wait few more days untill the thread is visited by all members and we get the right numbers.

Masuma
04-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I see few members voting, may be because many members are not connected. May be we should wait few more days untill the thread is visited by all members and we get the right numbers.
Yeah you are right dear brother! But one thing which confuses me is that till now, the thread has been viewed by about 120 people but we only had 14 voters so far! :hmm: Why? Were all those members visiting the thread were guests? :?

freethinking
04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Greetings, I selected Other becuase I am not " religious". I am a Christian but it is a two way personal and Spiritual relationship with God.
I do attend Churches to worship but an not part of any one particfular Church But the Church Of God.

I know God loves all of us but how many people can say that they love God?
It took me some time to grow and begin to know and understand God before I began to feel true love and Spiritual Love for God.
Bless you all to get to know God

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
The only problem which I can identify is that it might happen that not all members of the IB may cast their vote which would leave their religion unrepresented and so we’ll not get accurate results at the end.
I think it will be more easy if an admin helps to make the same count automatically and post it here (by browsing all members' profiles), I know some few profiles have their religion undisclosed, but it will help anyway. Admins what do you think ? (any admin passing through this thread ?:hmm:)

Masuma
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I think it will be more easy if an admin helps to make the same count automatically and post it here (by browsing all members' profiles), I know some few profiles have their religion undisclosed, but it will help anyway. Admins what do you think ? (any admin passing through this thread ?:hmm:)
Such a good idea dear brother...:statisfie but now administrators are specifically going to avoid this thread and any incidental chances of being found here ;D...you know,...the tiresome and "Gigantic" work we want them to do! :p

ardianto
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Yeah you are right dear brother! But one thing which confuses me is that till now, the thread has been viewed by about 120 people but we only had 14 voters so far! :hmm: Why? Were all those members visiting the thread were guests? :?
Okay, okay, ..... I vote, I vote.

Masuma
04-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Asaalmu Alikum Wa RehmatullahiWa Barakatuh!

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Okay, okay, ..... I vote, I vote.
:giggling: Jazakumaullahu Khair dear brother! :statisfie

marwen
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Assalamu 3alaykom !

I think the best way to do this is by voting because it's more representative and more interactive; but as this thread is not visible by many members, the following numbers may help. But the best results could be made by voting (many members with religion "undisclosed" can vote for their religion anonymously).

I collected these numbers today (4, 17, 2010 at 12:31 am), I used the "member list" feature in the forum :
Community->Member List ->Search Members -> Advanced Search -> religion (member list by religion)

religion.........number..... %
Undisclosed....... 1371.........15.68...[][][][][][][][][]
Muslim..............6676.........76.38... [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Christian...........321...........3.67.....[][][][]
Atheist..............128...........1.46....[][]
Agnostic............84............0.96.....[]
Bahai ................7..............0.08
Bddhist..............19............0.22
Confucian..........2..............0.02
Hindu................16............0.18
Jainist...............2..............0.02
Jedi..................20.............0.23
Jewish..............16.............0.18
Judeo-Christian..5..............0.06
Pagan...............11.............0.13
Sabian..............3.............. 0.03
Shinto...............0..............0.00
Sikh..................20............ 0.23
Taoist...............2.............. 0.02
Wiccan..............4..............0.05
Zoroastrian........3..............0.03
Other................31.............0.35....[]

Total.................8741.........100.00

Data sheet (.xls) ..

These numbers are still not accurate because there is a big part of members with religion "Undisclosed", and because new members are still joining the forum so the numbers may change.

As I said, the best results can be obtained if all the members in the forum vote, but that's a little bit difficult.

Masuma
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Assalamu 3alaykom !

I think the best way to do this is by voting because it's more representative and more interactive; but as this thread is not visible by many members, the following numbers may help. But the best results could be made by voting (many members with religion "undisclosed" can vote for their religion anonymously).

I collected these numbers today (4, 17, 2010 at 12:31 am), I used the "member list" feature in the forum :
Community->Member List ->Search Members -> Advanced Search -> religion (member list by religion)

religion.........number..... %
Undisclosed....... 1371.........15.68...[][][][][][][][][]
Muslim..............6676.........76.38... [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Christian...........321...........3.67.....[][][][]
Atheist..............128...........1.46....[][]
Agnostic............84............0.96.....[]
Bahai ................7..............0.08
Bddhist..............19............0.22
Confucian..........2..............0.02
Hindu................16............0.18
Jainist...............2..............0.02
Jedi..................20.............0.23
Jewish..............16.............0.18
Judeo-Christian..5..............0.06
Pagan...............11.............0.13
Sabian..............3.............. 0.03
Shinto...............0..............0.00
Sikh..................20............ 0.23
Taoist...............2.............. 0.02
Wiccan..............4..............0.05
Zoroastrian........3..............0.03
Other................31.............0.35....[]

Total.................8741.........100.00

Data sheet (.xls) ..

These numbers are still not accurate because there is a big part of members with religion "Undisclosed", and because new members are still joining the forum so the numbers may change.

As I said, the best results can be obtained if all the members in the forum vote, but that's a little bit difficult.

NO. YOU. DIDN’T !!! :eek: :D

Ingenious! What an AWESOME idea that was...! WOOHO!

Dear brother, I don’t have enough words to thank you with! :cry:
The time you spent collecting the data and the tiresome work that you just did…; only ALLAH (Subhano watAllah) can reward you fully! :cry:

May ALLAH give you a place in Janatul Firdaus! May ALLAH reward you so0o0o0o0 much!

JAZAKUMULLAHU KHAIR!!!

Such a lovely brother…

marwen
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
wa iyaki , Thank you sister ! but never mind it's nothing, I just thought it may help. And Jazaki Allaho Khayran too for this thread in the first place. May Allah bless you :)

Masuma
07-09-2010, 01:26 AM
*bumpi* :D

Ahan? But I don't think there is any more use of it as we can now easily see religious affiliation of members on the left side. :p (chalo at least served to tell us who remained online in those days so far far back)!!! :D

tango92
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
there is still a limitation to the data, in that (i daresay) the majority of members are non active. at present we have only a handful of active non muslims.

still not too long ago there was supreme and grace seeker, theyd basically keep the comparitive threads alive.

Muslimeen
07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Muslims seem to be dominating. Is that good or bad??

marwen
07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
Muslims seem to be dominating. Is that good or bad??
It is neither good nor bad, it's natural to have a muslim number domination in an Islamic forum.
But what I like to happen is to have equal numbers of non-muslims from different religions, because Islam is not only concerned by Christians and atheists.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!