/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too much work!

paradise88
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
:sl:

I am in my second year at Uni and I am studying Law, I am finding it so hard to do work cos I get shouted at 24/7 for no reason, but in Islam ur mother has a high status so i just try n ignore it, but my exams n revision and assignments are really important at this time of the year and i dont know what to do. I feel like giving up! I feel scared in my own home for doing home work incase i get shouted at, I mean i still do house work.. another thing is i cant tlk to my family or mum either :( what should i do???

Right now all i am doing is asking help from Allah..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
is there any siblings that could help?
take regular breaks from ur studyin as that helps in revision and may be u cud do the work then?
get up early/stay up late to do ur wrk to avoid gettin shouted at?
sorry if these aint helpful.. continue makin dua, and inshAllah ur parents will understand hw important studies are

GuCcI
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
wow, umm...

Why can't you talk to your mom? You should explain to your mom nicely that during exam time its important that you study enough because you're paying all this money to earn good results, not fail. Then tell her you will try to keep up with it but will get back to it after exams are over.

I've experienced the opposite, all my life growing up my parents never let me lift a finger, just focus on studying and doing well.

Life_Is_Short
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
:sl:
You should not neglect helping your parents and you should not neglect your studies. These two things are equally important and this is why you should try to negotiate with your parents for now.

If it's an issue to do with housework you can ask your mum to give you a list of chores that need done each day and get this done early morning. After having completed all your chores, tell your parents to let you go to study in your room for the rest of the day. This way (hopefully) your parents will be satisfied and you will be able to catch up with your university work.

Is that the problem or is your mum shouting at you for another reason? :hmm:

May Allah (swt) make this easy for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
well sis house work is important too just be fast at cleaning then you can sit and do your work

this is how i manage to fit in study by just being fast and getting things done quick

paradise88
04-11-2010, 10:36 AM
She doesnt want to give me a list its when shes in a psycho mood she will be like this with all of us, we all do so much housework so not like were not doing it. She some how thinks home work is an excuse not to do anything lol its soooo hard dont knw wat im gna do

Raaina
04-11-2010, 10:54 AM
When I was in college, I had problems at home with my father and accessing the PC to do my work, in the end, I just used to stay at college for a couple extra hours to do some work before I came home.

So this could be a way for you, you could spend an extra hour or two at uni and then go home and do housework.

paradise88
04-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I try sometimes but they dont always believe im at uni, they think if people see me go home late theyre gna think bad of me, its a cultural thing.. Inshallah I get my work done some how, the thing is its a shame not being able to focus 100% on it

S<Chowdhury
04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
I try sometimes but they dont always believe im at uni, they think if people see me go home late theyre gna think bad of me, its a cultural thing.. Inshallah I get my work done some how, the thing is its a shame not being able to focus 100% on it
We can all relate to the cultural thing, inshallah you'll get good results at the end of the year ( i wanna study law to in Uni) erm well what can i suggest the only thing is to actually confront the issue and i know you said you can't talk to your family but then how else are they going to know your struggling to do housework and homework.

paradise88
04-12-2010, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
We can all relate to the cultural thing, inshallah you'll get good results at the end of the year ( i wanna study law to in Uni) erm well what can i suggest the only thing is to actually confront the issue and i know you said you can't talk to your family but then how else are they going to know your struggling to do housework and homework.
Law is quite interesting but u have to work hard :p its a good degree so do consider it, it doesnt even mean u have to be a solicitor or lawyer cos its an open degree u can get into many other things inshallah :)

S<Chowdhury
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Law is quite interesting but u have to work hard :p its a good degree so do consider it, it doesnt even mean u have to be a solicitor or lawyer cos its an open degree u can get into many other things inshallah :)
Consider it haha it's all i ever wanted to be a Lawyer, but its pretty hard to get into good Uni's that do Law they are asking for ridiculous grades but anyway hope things work out for you, all the best

Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!