/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry Q.!

Banu_Hashim
04-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Salamu Alaikum ahl al IslamicBoard!

I have a chemistry question that is driving me crazy. I have a table of data listing the change in polarisation (D) over time of a solution of sucrose in 4 molar hydrochloric acid (FINAL CONCENTRATION). This data needs to be manipulated in order to plot the Log (or alternatively Ln) of the amount of sucrose (the reactant) remaining vs. time.

And in order to calculate these values I need to take Log or Ln of the manipulated data.

Basically does anyone know how I can manipulate the data to get the amount of sucrose remaining in order to take Log of it???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Bro. You can use polarization values over time to see how polarization changed. That would indirectly give you amount of how sucrose's presence changed. There probably is a formula which relates polarization with sucrose concentration. Then you can take Ln or Log off the delta gradients. I hope that helped.

I think HCl is there to dissociate sucrose into glucose and fructose.

walaikum assalam

Masuma
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
:sl:

Unh! :exhausted Is that a trick question?...............

M shorry!:hmm: I wanted to help but don't know what this all unfamiliar, "a question from out of the world" is all about! Makes me +o(!........... Excuse me people, got to go!

Masuma
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Bro. You can use polarization values over time to see how polarization changed. That would indirectly give you amount of how sucrose's presence changed. There probably is a formula which relates polarization with sucrose concentration. Then you can take Ln or Log off the delta gradients. I hope that helped.

I think HCl is there to dissociate sucrose into glucose and fructose.

walaikum assalam
Aha! SEE! Only Aliens could solve this unfamiliar so "out of the world question"! Brother mad_scientist (PAY ATTENTION TO THE NAME) is an.................ALIEN..................:nervous :

;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!