/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Forgotten Sunnah: Walking Barefooted

imam bukhari
04-11-2010, 03:04 PM
A Forgotten Sunnah: Walking Barefooted

Al-Hasan bin ‘Alee narrated to us, Yazeed bin Haarun narrated to us, Al- Jurayri informed us on Abdillah bin Buraydah: That a man from the Companions of the Prophet -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- traveled to Fadaalah bin ‘Ubayd -may Allah be pleased with him- while he was in Egypt.

So he arrived at him and said: I have not come to you to visit you. But you and I have heard a hadeeth from the Messenger of Allah -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- and I hope that you have some knowledge from Him (the Prophet -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam-) about it.

He said: And what is it?

He said: Such and such. (Then) he said: Why do I see you dishoveled while you are the Leader of the land?

He said: The Messenger of Allah -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- has forbidden us from indulging too much in the comforts of life.

He said: Why don’t I see any shoes on you?

He said: The Prophet -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- used to command us to go barefooted sometimes.

[Collected in Abu Daawud (3629) and Sheikh Al-Albaani has authenticated it in As-Silsilah As-Saheehah (502)]

Fawaa’id: Sheikh Al-Albaani -may Allah have mercy upon him- says in As-Silsilah As-Saheehah:

….This (hadeeth) is a reminder about an unknown sunnah in the minds of many of the people and it is the sunnah of Walking without shoes -sometimes-. It is a sunnah that many people are ignorant of save a few. And if some would try and implement this the people would see this as a strange affair. Perhaps they would even criticize them for this act of theirs. [Until he said]… So imitate your loved one and your Prophet -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- and walkbarefooted sometimes and shoed at others….. As this has been authenticated on the Prophet -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- that He walked barefooted occasionally! Except that majority of the time He -sallahu ‘alayhi wasallam- was shoed.
Translator: Abu Fouzaan Qaasim

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...ng-barefooted/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!