/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vermin

Nokiacrazi
04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
:sl:

Today discovered may be mice/rats in the garage. Are there any obvious things which can be done to kill and prevent any from getting in?

Besides all practical solutions, is there any sort of dua one can make?

Jazak'allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-13-2010, 06:19 AM
:sl: Rat/mouse traps can be messy (bloody). I suggest you put some poison down and do it fast as they breed very quickly and also attract other rats/mice. Check for dead ones as they attract flies and dispose of them carefully. Finally, take care that the poison is out of reach of children and animals.

Woodrow
04-13-2010, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: Rat/mouse traps can be messy (bloody). I suggest you put some poison down and do it fast as they breed very quickly and also attract other rats/mice. Check for dead ones as they attract flies and dispose of them carefully. Finally, take care that the poison is out of reach of children and animals.
While poisons are generally the lowest cost and easiest method, I find too many problems with it. The little rascals seem to always decide to dis in the house walls or other places that are difficult to get at. After dieng in such a location they get revenge on all nearby noses in a few days,

I find repellents or a good cat to be the best solution. Those sonic plug in repellers do work, but be certain you don't have a pet hamster. The draw back is it actually takes about 2 times the recommended number of them to be effective.

As a last resort having a pet rattlesnake wandering around does a great job. But, for most people it is not a very good choice or even legal choice.

Nokiacrazi
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Yes, insha'allah I shall suggest using poison, sounds like a good idea to me. Jazak'allah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
While poisons are generally the lowest cost and easiest method, I find too many problems with it. The little rascals seem to always decide to dis in the house walls or other places that are difficult to get at. After dieng in such a location they get revenge on all nearby noses in a few days,

I find repellents or a good cat to be the best solution. Those sonic plug in repellers do work, but be certain you don't have a pet hamster. The draw back is it actually takes about 2 times the recommended number of them to be effective.

As a last resort having a pet rattlesnake wandering around does a great job. But, for most people it is not a very good choice or even legal choice.
Brother you really made me laugh. I would love to keep a snake around.

I have just bought some £15 repellents, that apparently, when you plug them into a socket, they should work everywhere where there is wiring. Insha'allah should work. Seriously would love to keep a cat but too many problems such as allergies, cost, time etc.

Jazak'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-20-2010, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

:sl: LOL yup bad idea snakes! You're right about the rats dying in awkward places. The flies you get as a result is just as worse as having the rats. Funnily,I totally forgot about the sonic repellants even though I've got a couple myself and although they're not placed where the rats usually made their home (in the loft) they do seem to be working. I get the odd rat come but none hangs round like before. I think that's the best suggestion. Jazak Allah akhi

Yes, insha'allah I shall suggest using poison, sounds like a good idea to me. Jazak'allah.
Wa iyyak.. but on second thoughts try the rat repellants inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!